Desert Island 2.5: Prog Island Album Game Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemonchick said:
Almost done listening to Gibsongirl's and so far I love what I've heard. :up:

This is really cool, the only bands I had (some) knowledge of are Pink Floyd and Yes, mostly thanks to my dad's collection...but some of this stuff is making me really curious about Prog.

The flow of this playlist (Gibsongirl) is amazing :drool: most of the time I don't even notice the change from one song to another, and since most of them I'd never heard before, it's like this amazing experience...if the other playlists are as great, i'm going to have an incredibly hard time voting.

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing...but I've had moments where I completely space out thanks to the music and forget where I am or what I'm supposed to be doing (ie. studying), it's kinda cool and kinda scary :lol:.

Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I slaved over that playlist. :wink: It's perfectly natural to space out when you're listening to prog. Especially when it's of the atmospheric variety. I actually can't do anything that requires close attention when I'm listening to progressive rock. I get so caught up in the music and lose complete track of time. It never ceases to amaze me how many times I can put on Echoes and realise, with surprise, that twenty minutes have just flown by when the song comes to an end.

By the way, if there were any artists on my list that you particularly enjoyed, let me know and I'll gladly upload some more songs for you. It's always great to see someone new interested in the genre. :)

I'm listening to Screwtape's right now. :up: I love it that you started off with It's A Miracle. That song is absolutely genius. I have to stop everything I'm doing during the last few seconds of the song. One of the most beautiful sections of music ever composed.

GibsonGirl said:

I'm listening to Screwtape's right now. :up: I love it that you started off with It's A Miracle. That song is absolutely genius. I have to stop everything I'm doing during the last few seconds of the song. One of the most beautiful sections of music ever composed.

Thanks. It was the last song that made it onto my list. I loved how when you hear the piano come in on Perfect Sense you're reminded of it. That gives the playlist a sense of the main character's re-examination of the world. I liked the idea that at first listen It's A Miracle might seem hopeful but after listening to Perfect Sense the listener realizes the sarcasm and tragedy of the song and the playlist as whole.

After listening to it a couple times, I've found that Roger is the lifeforce of my playlist. It's sort of neat to see unintentional things like that emerge when you take a look after the fact. :)

I don't think we got the Supertracklist links either. Then again, I haven't checked my email the last couple of days.

Thanks for all the links! :bow: Listening to GibsonGirl's playlist right now... Echoes :drool: :drool: :drool: Was gonna download Axver's files and it said something like "too busy please try again later". So I'll have to do just that! Hope all the links aren't temporary.

Sorry, the first round was meant to start yesterday but I was really busy. It'll start later today, I promise.

thanks for the super tracklist Screwtape. I actually got that email from you like 7 times! Downloaded and hubby will try & listen tomorrow. He went to the Dodgers baseball game this evening.

I think Zoots is about to break
ohsnap.gif

Lila64 said:
I think Zoots is about to break
ohsnap.gif

Hold it together, Zoots! :rockon:

Would some kind soul be able to send me the Supertracklist links? I'd love to get imprognated :wink: I'm bonnell.kip @gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Aaand I lived up to my promise. The first poll has been made with 4 minutes left in the day!

Here we go! :hyper:

One of my favorites as well. I used it in the last Desert Island game, and wanted to try something different this time. I'd say that song and Even Less (which IS in this game) are both in my top five for Porcupine Tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom