Describe the perfect person for you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know me 2 nellie...this is my first successful flamin thread! i was so proud...elvis can i evict the nasty nasty ppl from my thread and make it nice again
smile.gif
?

Let me get back to the subject of the thread.

I'm a 22/male and this is what I'm looking for, or should I say...already found in a woman:
1)Sense of humor is the most valuable trait. Without the ability to laugh, the relationship will never last and you will both pray for the other to break up with YOU, before you have to do it yourself.
2)Sexy/Attractive: some people say that they are synominous, but I want both. If you are truly attracted to a sexy partner, then you'll have the physically aspects in check.
3)Intellegence without being a pompus, pretenious snob. I've know a few of these people, and while they might be attractive and intellegent, they were meanspirited and full of themselves.
4)They must tolerate my wacky sense of humor. I can be very weird and annoying, so the girl MUST be cool with my sense of humor

Originally posted by Danospano:

3)Intellegence without being a pompus, pretenious snob. I've know a few of these people, and while they might be attractive and intellegent, they were meanspirited and full of themselves.

Intelligence is a huge criteria for me, but you are so right on Danospano! No pretentious snobs for me!
biggrin.gif

I don't believe in the perfect person. There is no such thing. Fact is, I could never hope to live up to some of the ideals listed in this thread. Would mildly funny and intelligent, depressive, basically-good-but-never-does-much-about-it, sleeps in too often but never forgets anything do?

------------------
You know some songs sound like ones by Frank Sinatra
But there's no place like... NOO YAWK

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
I don't believe in the perfect person. There is no such thing. Fact is, I could never hope to live up to some of the ideals listed in this thread. Would mildly funny and intelligent, depressive, basically-good-but-never-does-much-about-it, sleeps in too often but never forgets anything do?

You bring up a good point...how many of us are willing to try to BE the kind of person we seek in another?

The perfect woman for me is...

a)The accent of Emma Thompson.
b)The physical appearance of a young Vanessa Redgrave AND the voice...
c)A gentle, passionate and truly GOOD personality. With a biting sense of witty humour.

Aaaah... the sad truth is I DID have a woman like that.

Ant.

great sense of humour
someone i can laugh with
smart but not a smarty pants
kind hearted
SOmeone who loves music and literature
stands up for their opinions and is passionate about them
affectionate but not over bearing
someone who cares enough to want to know the real me
loyal
knows that Im there for him when times are bad and can ask me for help if he needs it
sensitive but not a sap
i like a man who is a real man. none of these wimpy skinny boys. Any boy who wears a smaller shoe size than me, i think not.
Nice strong arms.
A boy who isn't afraid to be loved.

Not essential, but writers and musicians make me swoon.

There are just too many variables for me to really accurately describe the perfect person for me. I don't even know if there is one specific perfect type of person for me. I think timing has a lot to do with whether a person is perfect for you. The big thing is that they have to make me feel completely comfortable being myself - not who I might want people to think I am, not what I'm trying to be, but my true self.

Also, I think it needs to be someone who realizes that love is not just that wonderful head-in-the-clouds all-is-wonderful feeling but a commitment and willingness to work at the relationship, "in good times and in bad" as the saying goes.

I guess all the other details stem from that. Generally the (very few) people who have made me feel that comfort with myself share the traits that others have spoken of here - a genuinely kind and thoughtful disposition, a good sense of humor, good intelligence (without flaunting it), a strong appreciation for music and the arts, the ability to be happy spending a quiet night in or a fun night on the town, someone who can be serious and a goofball, etc, etc. Oh, and an adventurous romantic spirit is definitely a big plus. But these are all definitely not set in stone - who knows, maybe there's a person out there with a few surprising traits I never thought I'd appreciate, who turns out to be the one for me. I suppose I'll know when I get that feeling - you know, not just the "I'm so happy I grin at the slightest little thing" one but the one that realizes that there could be a real future and that I'm not afraid to pursue it.

Anyway, enough of my rambling.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 03-08-2002).]

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
You bring up a good point...how many of us are willing to try to BE the kind of person we seek in another?

ooh good point.... if im around someone i like id probably act differently but i dont know if id ever change for someone even tho i asked someone i knew to change something about himself and then id go out with him.but then i realised that was wrong cus i was telling him to change so i felt bad.really bad
frown.gif

Wow that was quite a read, thanks for sharing guys. I'm glad the topic got back on track. I learn so much from you people. Always food for thought and in amongst it, encouragement.
Main thing I'd hope for is a gentle man.
Your point about are we prepared to live up to our own ideals,is very very true.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 03-10-2002).]

PS: if we are just talking "person" rather than sexual attraction...now how can i say this after using that phrase?

Most wonderful person I have met so far is my childhood Sunday School teacher. She seems the perfect person to me.

First of all, Slaney... you kick ass. You probably have great leg muscles from kicking so much ass on such a regular basis. I bet your daily planner reads: 9:00 Get up, 9:01 Kick ass.
smile.gif

*applause*

And now, for my wishlist:
*ahem*
1. A guy willing to do his own emotional heavy lifting. Being there is one thing, turning into someone's appendage or therapist is another.
2. A man who is not afraid of bright women, and who respects the fact that all women are different people, they are not all secretly longing for prince freaking charming to come and save the day. Want to rescue something? Find a kitten up a tree. Want to sit with me and have a conversation over a drink? Great.
3. SENSE OF HUMOR!!!!!!!!!!!! I love laughing, love, love, love it. I refuse to date anyone who does not in some way crack me up on a regular basis. Someone who is willing to be silly and have fun is a must for me.
4. A spine please, I will only date vertebrates. Amoeba need not apply.
5. Intelligence is a must, I think of intelligence the way most girls think about height (ack! I really could care less if I'm taller than a guy. He must be at least as smart as I am, or I'm just not interested. Sorry.
6. If you want me to complete you...see #4.
7. When you are talking to me... look at my eyes..up here..thanks.
8. I appriciate honesty, I hate playing the "guess why I'm mad at you" game. Especially when I lose the spinner. If someone has a bone to pick with me, do so and then move on once said bone has been picked dry.
9. Finally, I think if someone was all the things above, I would find them attractive anyway. A dazzling set of eyes would be a bonus but someone that I described above would already be attractive to me. Especially on the sense of humour count, I really really like funny guys. For example, I'd honestly go for Jack Black before I'd go for Brad Pitt (maybe Mr Pitt is funny, I have no idea... sorry to offend you Mr Pitt, regards to your wife).
10. Okay...THIS is the finally part...seriously. If someone acts like a pig, I shall treat them like one and take them to my biology lab for dissecting.

*gets off of soapbox*
-Bluey

Originally posted by S|aney:
I just don't think that ANY woman ever deserves to be verbally assaulted. Under any circumstance.

Oh gawd Waney, stop it! Your gentlemanliness is makin me horny!!!!!!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Anyway, getting back to the point, I'm looking for a guy who, along with the traits i mentioned in my original reply, has class, manners, playfulness, is clever, romantic, and is tolerant enough to put up with me. I've had a weird life, and a dark past. Its a long story, and, i'd have to trust him 100% to be able to let him in on all that has happened. I have a terrible problem trusting people of either gender, so it may take time and patience before i come around and let my guard down around him. Plus i'm just a very mischivous person, I play all sorts of sneaky pranks on people, and it gets annoying after awhile!!!
And you know,what S|aney said is very true...
He could make a killing psycho-analyzing us chicks!!!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom