DESCRIBE like you mean it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Wow, that's cool, but a hard job!! What age group do you teach?

I am a uni student, studying to be an Occupational Therapist. I am on placement at the moment, hence why I am at work!

My friend recently took an assistant head position at a school (primary age kids). She is completely snowed under with work and I have never known her to be so stressed.

She still loves the teaching bit though - just not all the paperwork that goes with it!

Yeah, everyone always says it so great because you have three months off in the summer, but they don't think about all the work that go into it.

My desk right now looks like a tornedo hit it too much work!

How did you get into Occupational Therapy?

I worked helping with people with learning difficulties for about 6 years and kind of heard of it that way. I have always been uncertain what I wanted to do and looked into loads of professions - speech and language therapy, social work, even teaching as well! I still wasn't 100% sure when i applied for the course, but I have done two placements so far and found them very interesting.

My first placement was in paediatrics actually - over here the OT's do lots of work with kids with co-ordination problems (more commonly known as Dyspraxia) and handwriting difficulties. Have you come across OT's in your work?

It is, although I am in social services (not sure what your equvalent is in the States). We do alot of equipment and adaptations to peoples homes and some of the criteria people have to meet in order to qualify are a bit rigid and it is frustrating! I like going into people homes however and the challenge of finding solutions to get around their "disabilites".

It is a varied career also, which is one of the reasons why I picked it. I enjoyed my placement with kids tremendously!

^It sounds interesting...it's Tilli's version of Extreme Home Makeover (do you get that show in England?)
and It sounds like you'd be great with kids. RK said something earlier about you acting too! You wear lots of hats!

:wink:

Yeah we get that show, lol!

Acting? I am not sure what she meant?? She may have been referring to the fact that I may be on a TV show on the Discovery channel, but that was only a case of being in the right place at the right time!:wink:

^I am not alone:wink:

Hey Reggie! What's the craic??

^
f055.gif

^ Administering Elixir

:wave: :wave: Hey Tilli and Dis

Congrats on your Wedding Dis - :applaud: :dancing: How's the weather in VT? I talked to my Mom earlier today and it's cold and rainy in CT.

Hey Tilli:drool: :kiss: :reject:

YBORCITYOBL said:
^ Administering Elixir

:wave: :wave: Hey Tilli and Dis

Congrats on your Wedding Dis - :applaud: :dancing: How's the weather in VT? I talked to my Mom earlier today and it's cold and rainy in CT.

Hey Y:wave:

weather is :drool: its partly sunny with a high of 58...rain has stayed in the southern part of the state...but we are expected to get some tomorrow:grumpy: Thanks for the Congrats:hug:

Ybor:drool: :wink:

Yeah, i meant to ask you too Dis - how did your day go?

Tilli said:
Ybor:drool: :wink:

Yeah, i meant to ask you too Dis - how did your day go?

My day was :crazy: like usual...grade are closing so the kids are staring to lose thier minds and go nuts:crazy: had a meeting:| but it wasn't too bad...how was your guyses day?

is guyses a word:lmao: too much cough syrup again:lmao:

Cool!! Glad it all went well! Are there any pics of you and Mr Dismantled??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom