Describe...brought to you by the creme egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^i may...i don't follow it at all but i like to watch a game when it's on. esp on telemundo (GOOOOOOOOOOAL) :wink:

bye VP :wave:

footie? FOOTIE? is that what you play with little babies in booties? or is that like when you play with your feet under the table, you know you and your crush in 3rd grade?

footie?!!

disgusting :tsk:

(i have nothing against soccer, but "footie"....)

VertigoGal said:
bye VP :wave:

footie? FOOTIE? is that what you play with little babies in booties? or is that like when you play with your feet under the table, you know you and your crush in 3rd grade?

footie?!!

disgusting :tsk:

(i have nothing against soccer, but "footie"....)

footie is an abreviation for football (what soccer is called everywhere but the US) i call it footie because if i say football on here people don't know what sport i mean. and i HATE the term soccer

Yeah American Football has nothing to do with the 'foot' or the 'ball'. Which idiot decided on the name? :tsk:

That said, it's the one American sport I can at least watch without getting bored out of my brain.. like Basketball or Baseball :yawn:

^baseball sucks (except like the world series occasionally).i don't like to watch basketball usually, but it can definitely be really fun to get into if you follow it all season. also high school basketball is surprisingly amazing :bow:

yeah I don't like the term soccer really, because it's not what most people call it...but you have to distinguish here (and i'd feel dumb saying american football when almost everyone here takes that as a given :wink: )

the rockin edge said:

footie is an abreviation for football (what soccer is called everywhere but the US) i call it footie because if i say football on here people don't know what sport i mean. and i HATE the term soccer

I understand RE....I'm more comfortable saying either Soccer or Football....but when I say football...I usually say American Football. :wink:

The Seahawks are back in the game :ohmy:

I say Soccer just to distinguish it from American Football, like VG said. Personally I prefer saying Football but people confuse it for AF. :shrug:

^you better watch alot of the world cup to make up for this :tsk:

Zootlesque said:
Yeah American Football has nothing to do with the 'foot' or the 'ball'. Which idiot decided on the name? :tsk:

That said, it's the one American sport I can at least watch without getting bored out of my brain.. like Basketball or Baseball :yawn:

:up: :up: American Football may be the dumbest name for a sport every created based on the game

baseball is insanely boring

i like college basketball though :up: march madness :love:

I don't even care who wins...I was glad the steelers beat denver. because I hate denver. I do.

but other than that :shrug:

I wouldn't mind if the seahawks came back and won it, they've probably been more consistent this season...

the rockin edge said:
^you better watch alot of the world cup to make up for this :tsk:

:up: :up: American Football may be the dumbest name for a sport every created based on the game

baseball is insanely boring

i like college basketball though :up: march madness :love:

I hate college basketball....those games are very boring :yawn:

Pro basketball hasn't been the same since 1998 for me :sigh:

tre i'm listening to that oasis concert you uploaded a while ago :love:

i'm so tired :yawn: and the last 6 hrs have been emotionally draining with my computer issues...i managed to fuck it up worse than it was to begin with and only just got the internet to work period half an hour ago. a sad story :(

and a waste of a day :wink:

I think Basketball may very well be the most popular American sport outside America or with foreigners! I personally know many people in India who like the game. But I can't understand the fascination with a game that's so monotonous and boring and where the score is always like 72 - 56 like its so easy to score a point :yawn:

^^adam
just like Orange County I'm sure :D

<anyone else screening all their calls :crack:

Zoot

i happen to love basketball! At least it's fast paced and exciting, changes from minute to minute :drool:

^um well not that high on it :shifty:

maybe after seattle, DC, boston & toronto <---yes i know it's in canada

:uhoh:

^^i usually just watch the last 5 minutes:wink: that's where all the excitement is:drool:

Last edited:
what's in seattle? i haven't even thought about where i'd like to travel in the US aside from NY and the northeast in general...plus seattle is in the complete opposite corner of the country from me so it might as well be in another country :wink:

Zootlesque said:
I think Basketball may very well be the most popular American sport outside America or with foreigners! I personally know many people in India who like the game. But I can't understand the fascination with a game that's so monotonous and boring and where the score is always like 72 - 56 like its so easy to score a point :yawn:

:shrug: I guess it's because it's an exciting game and that with a bit of pratice....anyone can do it

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

:shrug: I guess it's because it's an exciting game and that with a bit of pratice....anyone can do it

Yeah but I like my game to be challenging! It's not very easy to score goals in Football (Soccer). esp. ever since the Offside rule came into effect!

Back
Top Bottom