Depeche Mode Tour Dates!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Here are Depeche Mode's North American tour dates:

Opening acts: The Raveonettes or The Bravery

Nov. 2: Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. (Office Depot Center)
Nov. 3: St. Petersburg, Fla. (St. Pete Times Forum)
Nov. 5: Atlanta (Gwinnett Center)
Nov. 7: Houston (Toyota Center)
Nov. 8: Dallas (American Airlines Arena)
Nov. 9: San Antonio (SBC Center)
Nov. 11: Denver (Magness Arena)
Nov. 12: Salt Lake City (E Center)
Nov. 15: Vancouver (GM Place)
Nov. 16: Seattle (Key Arena)
Nov. 18: San Jose, Calif. (HP Pavilion)
Nov. 19: San Diego (ipayone Center)
Nov. 21: Los Angeles (Staples Center)
Nov. 25: Phoenix (Glendale Arena)
Nov. 26: Las Vegas (the Joint)
Nov. 29: Chicago (Allstate Arena)
Nov. 30: Detroit (the Palace of Auburn Hills)
Dec. 1: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)
Dec. 3: Atlantic City, N.J. (Borgata)
Dec. 4: Montreal (Bell Centre)
Dec. 7: New York (Madison Square Garden)
Dec. 8: Fairfax, Va. (Patriot Center)

More info here: http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001056927

I am a big fan of Depeche Mode.

But are they still relavant? I mean are they still making great music circa mid 80s to early 90s? I haven't been listening to them for a while now.....

Numb1075 said:
I am a big fan of Depeche Mode.

But are they still relavant? I mean are they still making great music circa mid 80s to early 90s? I haven't been listening to them for a while now.....

Their relevancy is hard to quantify. But I guess they are as much as The Cure is - given the rise in 80s-sounding bands out right now. DM has such a huge fanbase and so much love, that while they aren't making "important" or "essential" music anymore, they still get attention, and that's awesome!

HelloAngel said:

Their relevancy is hard to quantify. But I guess they are as much as The Cure is - given the rise in 80s-sounding bands out right now. DM has such a huge fanbase and so much love, that while they aren't making "important" or "essential" music anymore, they still get attention, and that's awesome!

I see your point, but even The Cure has had some publicity over recent years including new albums, concerts and articles in Rolling Stone magazine etc....I haven't seen anything for DM. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Seeing The Raveonettes AND Depeche Mode in the same night would be mind-blowing. :drool: The Bravery wouldn't be bad either though!

I can't even really afford the U2 show I'm going to though...so...still no DM for me. :sigh:

Numb1075 said:

I see your point, but even The Cure has had some publicity over recent years including new albums, concerts and articles in Rolling Stone magazine etc....I haven't seen anything for DM. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

DM has definitely been out of the spotlight more - you're right for that. The Cure has been lucky putting out an album, doing the Curiosa tour and having everyone paying lipservice to them as an influence. DM rarely gets that kind of shoutout. The Cure seems more amazing as the years go by, whereas DM is somewhat overlooked, and overshadowed by Dave nearly dying and all his other dramas.

Here's hoping the album is great and the tour sells out!

If money were no object, yes, I would go to their upcoming concert in LA.

I just heard the song "Precious" and I really like it.

Got this email - if you are in L.A. and interested... just passing this along...

Special Internet Pre-Sale Offer!

DEPECHE MODE
Plus special guests
The Raveonettes

Staples Center
November 21 & 22 at 8 PM

As a valued customer of Nederlander Concerts, you are invited to take advantage of a special internet pre-sale.

The pre-sale is available Friday, September 30 at 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM only

To participate in this special offer, click on the link below and enter the password: Angel

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/73985/734907

Ticket limit is 4

Get your tickets now!

Tickets go on sale to the public Monday, October 3 at 10:00 am

See you at the show!

Just been reading the DM biography that's out now. Oooh I wish I could see them play live, but the likelihood of them touring Oz again is a bit remote. :(

Back
Top Bottom