Depeche Mode: The Singles 81>85 & 86>98

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I've been listening to these a lot the past few days and, well, DM are really fucking good.

Just Can't Get Enough
Everything Counts
People Are People
A Question Of Lust
Personal Jesus
Enjoy The Silence
Policy Of Truth
I Feel You
Walking In My Shoes
Home
Only When I Lose Myself
Little 15

and the others too

:drool:

Together, Singles 81>85 and 86>98 make one of the best and most comprehensive compilations I've seen from any band.

I think that they're one of the better singles bands of the post-punk era. They don't have too many "essential" or "classic" albums, but their singles are consistently mind-blowing and, MUCH moreso in the past than today, groundbreaking.

Great compilations, both, even if several of the albums the songs are culled from don't amount to much.

namkcuR said:

Together, Singles 81>85 and 86>98 make one of the best and most comprehensive compilations I've seen from any band.

:yes: Totally agree! esp. about Singles 86-98 which I have. Haven't really heard much of their stuff till '85. But when they started to rock more after Violator, that's when I became a fan. :heart:

Completely agree, they're an amazing band, I love their last album, and Exciter is great too...

You should buy the DVD from the Exciter tour, it's amazing!!!

I just realized last night that I've been a fan of DM for like the last seven years. I really liked "It's No Good" when it came out, but I thought the radio DJ said it was by a band called Ultra. Turns out it was on the DM album called Ultra. What a weird experience.

So then I went to the iTunes music store and got Violator. What an awesome album!

Home
Only When I Lose Myself

:drool:

I just saw DM here in NYC last week and was underwhelmed by this current tour.. but I guess that's because I don't loooove Playing the Angel. The Exciter tour and Singles tour were :combust:

KhanadaRhodes said:
depeche mode :drool: :heart:
:drool: :heart: DM :heart: :drool:

shake the disease
stripped
never let me down again
enjoy the silence
world in my eyes

omg, i'm going to have to dig these out again.

great stuff. violator is practically a greatest hits by itself.

i finally saw them last friday. even though i do enjoy the new album, they were pretty meh live.

Back
Top Bottom