depeche mode remasters, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll probably pick up Violator from the first batch, as I've always loved that album and can't wait to hear it remastered.

And when SOFAD gets released, I'll get that one, too.

I would LOVE to hear "Music For The Masses" and "Violator" in 5.1 Surround Sound. I'm sure they would just sound AMAZING . . . but I don't have a surround sound system so at this point, as the song from "Ultra" goes, it's kind of "Useless".

From this batch, I'll be picking up Violator as soon as I can and then get MFTM later on. Eventually, I plan on getting all of the remasters from BC thru Ultra.

I went to look at them last night, but for $23 I was a bit put off, to be honest. You can get a DualDisc from certain artists that can hold just as much material and find them on sale for under $15.

And I agree with BVS about the bonus tracks. Why do they have to be on the DVD side? It's only audio, anyway.

These remastered albums are like 25 bucks each! :grumpy: They do seem to come with bonus tracks, dvd and what not.

Anyway I picked up Black Celebration yesterday. The older (not re-mastered) copy was on sale for 11.99. I'd actually been planning on getting Music For The Masses. But it seems I know more songs on BC, so... Listening to it now. :drool:

i picked up the violator one last week.

i haven't had a chance to watch the dvd yet, but the cd sounds divine. :drool:

New Batch

I know this thread is probably buried but I don't know maybe I will make another post and then that one and this one can merge.

Anyway I got Some Great Reward from the new batch of remasters out October 3rd. It is awesome. I really liked the DVD too. Since I was born in 1984 I have had to rediscover all this great old Depeche Mode stuff.

I do agree that the price is steep. One thing that I did was pre order them. I got SGR for like 18 dollars instead of the 25 dollar list price.

If I can find a good deal I will get Speak and Spell and Violator, maybe more as soon as I can afford it.

Great stuff (for the most part), but like The Cure's remastered rereleases, this shit is just too fucking expensive to keep up with.

If you shout... said:
Great stuff (for the most part), but like The Cure's remastered rereleases, this shit is just too fucking expensive to keep up with.

I agree. I see the only real reason to get these remasters when they come out is if you never owned the original albums to start off with, or if there's one or two you can justify buying because those are your favorites.

I'd love to get a couple of these, but I can buy a lot more new music for what they want for these remasters. :mad:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I agree. I see the only real reason to get these remasters when they come out is if you never owned the original albums to start off with, or if there's one or two you can justify buying because those are your favorites.

I'd love to get a couple of these, but I can buy a lot more new music for what they want for these remasters. :mad:

My thoughts exactly.

other new DM releases

Did anyone pick up the Touring the Angel CD/DVD? It is really good if you are a big fan and saw them this last year. It is well worth it to get the 2 dvd 1 cd version.

Is anyone planning on getting the new Best of Depeche Mode Vol. 1? It comes out 11/14 and has their new single Martyr. I already preordered it.

Still no concrete announcement on the new best of U2 though.:(

I have the Singles 81-98 so this "best of VOL1" is utterly pointless, and I don't really like Martyr, they've had better b-sides...

Nisse said:
I have the Singles 81-98 so this "best of VOL1" is utterly pointless, and I don't really like Martyr, they've had better b-sides...

I agree with this post in full. Absolutely right on.

Back
Top Bottom