Depeche Mode quiz!!! Please help me out!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation

Acrobat
Maybe there are some devoted DM fans out there who can help me with this question. I'm not into DM trivia myself.
(It's a Danish quiz, so it's a rough translation).

Here goes:

Songs of Faith and Devotion from 1993 was a special album to Depeche Mode. Why?

1) The album was forbidden in Israel because of the song Judas.
2) For the first time a Depeche Mode album went #1 on the charts in the US and UK
3) There was a secret stand-in instead of Dave Gahan..

1 and 3 sound unlikely, buuut I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance...

[This message has been edited by elevation (edited 09-23-2001).]

I'm a casual DM fan so I don't own much of their music but I just picked up Violator and I must say, this song Halo is very fine. I don't recall it being a hit on the radio, which is surprising.

It is definetely number two. "Songs Of.." is the only DM record to hit number one in the UK and the US.
Altough it hit the top spot, the record was not as successful as Violator. I think none of the four singles (I Feel You, Walking In My Shoes, Condemnation and In Your Room) have been really big hits in the US, while "Violator" had at least two big hits (Personal Jesus and Enjoy The Silence - not sure about Policy Of Truth).

I really like this record. "Rush" is one of my favorite DM tracks.

personally, i luuuuv "Judas." I love the many layers between the story of Iscariot and just any modern day romance.

and, it contains one of my favorite phrasings of theirs (it's one of my mottos)-
"Don't just stand there and shout it, do something about it."

xoxo, carrie

Back
Top Bottom