delilah, anybody? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2007, 02:44 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
I can say with absolute confidence that this is indeed one of the worst songs I've ever heard.
ever? really? ever?

Interesting.

I could name 500 songs worse than this one.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:45 AM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

ever? really? ever?
Forever ever? Forevah evah?

Yes, ever.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:37 AM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:38 PM
So let me get this straight. You people like that barf-tastic Rhianna ella ella ay ay song but not this one? Okkkay....
Old 07-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
So let me get this straight. You people like that barf-tastic Rhianna ella ella ay ay song but not this one? Okkkay....
i never said i liked that garbage!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #35
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Caught this on Vh1 one morning and kinda liked the melody. Did a little research on the band, Plain White T's and they're listed as emo/pop punk. But this song is more like mellow acoustic rock. I can see how it could get somewhat annoying after several listens but it's still a simple, heartfelt, really pretty love song. I believe it was the most downloaded song on itunes for a couple of weeks this month. Why only now? The album came out in 2005 it seems.
is there anything you don't like

oh and for the record, i didn't like any of the music off garden state either. the movie was good, but the music?

i've never even heard this song actually but just reading the descriptions tells me i won't. plus, if it's overplayed then it's all over. why does radio feel the need to play a song they've fallen in love with (basically, the record label has paid top dollah) every 15 minutes? no one can possibly like a song that much. even when i'm obsessed with a song, i don't play it that often every day for months! geez. it's exactly why i don't listen to fm radio anymore.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

unico, I was only addressing the people that were praising the Rhianna song. Sorry if it seemed like I was addressing every single post.

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
how you can't dismantle an atomic behind.

Quote:
i've never even heard this song actually but just reading the descriptions tells me i won't. plus, if it's overplayed then it's all over. why does radio feel the need to play a song they've fallen in love with (basically, the record label has paid top dollah) every 15 minutes? no one can possibly like a song that much. even when i'm obsessed with a song, i don't play it that often every day for months! geez. it's exactly why i don't listen to fm radio anymore.
This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Without even listening to the song, how can you make a decision? Plus if radio overplays the heck out of it, is that the song or singer's fault? There are a number of songs I'm bored with because of radio overplay. But I won't say I hate those songs just cos of that!

The funny thing is all I said was I kinda like this song and geez! what a scene everyone's creating! I guess "popular on the radio" automatically = BAD

And frankly, I'm already in the "getting annoyed" stage that Dusty was talking about. That chorus does get a bit grating after a few listens.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #37
Refugee

Local Time: 11:38 AM
The thing that gets me about this song is that they play it on the supposedly non-pop alternative rock station. I just can't avoid it!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:05 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:38 PM
Quote:

Zootles is one of the most open-minded non-snobs on this board. This is good.

Zootles
Old 07-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #39
Blue Crack Supplier

Thanks joyful!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

i seriously can not stand this song.
even if it wasnt overplayed.

depressing

and totally sucking.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #41
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonos_Lemon
The thing that gets me about this song is that they play it on the supposedly non-pop alternative rock station. I just can't avoid it!
That's the thing, evvvvvvery radio station feels like they can play it. Even oldies stations. You really can't avoid it. My dear friend Ethel on XM radio has been overtaken by this song, and that makes me sad.

The fact that it's a song that grates on you after repeated listening is what makes it widely hated, not because its "popular and on the radio." Chasing Cars was all over the radio yet I still like that song.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

this song > chasing cars

chasing cars bores me to tears. sorry snow patrol

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

Forever ever? Forevah evah?

outkast
Old 07-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #43
Refugee

Quote:
This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Without even listening to the song, how can you make a decision? Plus if radio overplays the heck out of it, is that the song or singer's fault? There are a number of songs I'm bored with because of radio overplay. But I won't say I hate those songs just cos of that!

The funny thing is all I said was I kinda like this song and geez! what a scene everyone's creating! I guess "popular on the radio" automatically = BAD
Sorry Zootles, but I detested this song the first time that I heard it, and radio certainly has done nothing to mitigate those feelings. It just strikes me as the latest in a string of acoustic ballads that are little more than pastiches of "Yesterday."
Old 07-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #44
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
how you can't dismantle an atomic behind.
you win!

Quote:
oh, i wasn't saying i hate it or anything, i was just saying based on the descriptions in this thread i doubted i'd like it.

and plus, if it's worse than chasing cars like atomicbono said, then yeah, i'm sure i'd hate it

but ultimately i've never listened to it and probably never will (ooh look at me i'm so indie and trendy i don't listen to the radio) so i don't know. maybe i'll listen to the free preview on itunes or something.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

In Zoots' defense, I saw Plain White T's and The Academy Is...at The Warehouse, a local venue, 500 ish people, 2 years ago. The band is very good live, and Hey There Delilah is beautiful live as well. I have no idea why in the hell it's getting played now...but so goes radio. I don't listen to the radio, so I don't know exactly how overplayed it is...but I'm assuming it's a lot. The song is good, in small doses. And, I do like it better than Chasing Cars