delilah, anybody?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:
My mom frickin' loves that song ("The Reason"). She almost cries every time it comes on the radio. It must be a mom thing:|

No it's a subjective thing. The Reason moves certain people and annoys others. I can understand that.

It's all SUBJECTIVE, people! :scream:

Geez! ;)

Zootlesque said:

No it's a subjective thing. The Reason moves certain people and annoys others. I can understand that.

It's all SUBJECTIVE, people! :scream:

Geez! ;)

I don't hate it, but it's a crappy song. I do love their song "If I Were You" though.:huh:

U2isthebest said:

I don't hate it, but it's a crappy song. I do love their song "If I Were You" though.:huh:

For all you know, your mom must be going :| when she hears you listening to Nickelback. :lol: What does that say? Everybody has their own tastes and nobody is right or wrong!

Zootlesque said:

For all you know, your mom must be going :| when she hears you listening to Nickelback. :lol: What does that say? Everybody has their own tastes and nobody is right or wrong!

My mom loves Nickleback too.:( The poor woman is stuck in the 70s and 80s, so she can only latch on to the crappy music that's out today.:(

UberBeaver said:

:uhoh: That's like saying "Having your finger nails ripped out sucks. Here, let me drill into your tooth until I hit the nerve - you'll love it."

:grumpy:

I figure it's in the same vein as Delilah, and they might like it. I dunno.

Delilah is on Team Voldemort.

Zoots, I don't have time to read the whole thread, but I read your first post and saw that there are 5 or so pages. So let me take a guess as to how this argument has gone.

Zoots: I like this song. You've probably heard it. Its on the radio.

Everyone else: Zoots, how can you like that song. You don't have any taste. You are a music sheep. Pitchfork won't even review this song. Its beneath me!

Am I right? Do I get a prize?

For the record, I thought the song was ok the first few times I heard it, but the allure has quickly worn out.

Its one of those instantly memorable melodies that is quickly forgettable.

Dalton said:
Zoots, I don't have time to read the whole thread, but I read your first post and saw that there are 5 or so pages. So let me take a guess as to how this argument has gone.

Zoots: I like this song. You've probably heard it. Its on the radio.

Everyone else: Zoots, how can you like that song. You don't have any taste. You are a music sheep. Pitchfork won't even review this song. Its beneath me!

Am I right? Do I get a prize?

yeah that's basically how it went down

I find it funny that U2 fans are such indie snobs. U2 is soooooo indie :lol:

I don't understand how indie snobbery is indicated by hating a plain awful song. While most of the music I listen to would be considered indie, I also like a great deal of pop songs (Umbrella is a perfect example).

Can we not think the song sucks without it being a product of supposed indie pretentiousness? I can admit the merits of a lot of music I don't necessarily care for, but I think Delilah has no redeeming qualities, is absolutely grating, and is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

It's as much a matter of personal taste as Zoots saying he enjoyed it. I'd never slag him off for that (hell, he's one of my better mates here), but I disagree with him.

Guess I'm a pretentious indie snob.
smielephantin7.gif

U2isthebest said:

Hard?:( Do you need a hotline number or anything?

I called them. They laughed at me.

love_u2_adam said:

id hit you to if you kept singing that song:madwife:

Hey there Kayla
What's it like in New York City?
I'm like thirty miles away
But girl tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true :D

FitzChivalry said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That quote is my new Headline Message on my MySpace page!
:laugh:

(Oh, and Zoots, never heard the song before so I took a quick listen: it's not that bad. Nothing great, but also nothing to get crucified over.)

so wrong :tsk:

:wink:

inmyplace13 said:
I can say with absolute confidence that this is indeed one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

yes.

i don't have the time or the patience to read this whole thread, so if this was discussed and i'm re-hashing it...well, sorry, i guess. my question is in regards to the heartfelt acoustic emo general style of the song. someone said, i believe it was in the first post, that the song has been out since 2005. did it originally exist in a form that sounded more reminiscent of, say, blink 182? and did they re-do it because this is what's popular now? the only song of theirs, prior to this atrocity, i'm familiar with is "please don't do this."an d it doesn't sound anything like delilah.

A few weeks ago People Magazine had the story of this song and a picture of the real Delilah. I've heard worse songs than that, the only thing that really bugs me is that it plays on that Screenvision thing every time I go to a movie.

Back
Top Bottom