delicious biscuits with gibson girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
in part four of my fantastic series of threads examining interference's various fans of good music, we take a closer look at newfoundland's gibson girl.

a devoted radiohead fan, gibson girl has been known to wreak havoc in coldplay threads with pictures of thom yorke and co., an episode not lost on the great deathbear.

last night i caught up with gibson girl at her residence in the hamptons, where we spent the evening in love with each other, in between conversation biscuits consisting primarily of music, on which we nibbled on in between kisses.

----------

1. is canada producing the best music in the world these days, if you subtract the shit that mainstream radio's are pumping out? if so, who are these bands.

2. in regards to the highly contentious debates regarding coldplay on this board over the past year or so, use this opportunity to express why you feel the way you do about the english foursome/fivesome whatever.

3. five bands you wanna see live within the next five years.

4. do you listen to music primarily with ear phones or through a stereo? do you spend time right before you sleep listening to music, and if so, what kind of music do you generally play at this time?

5. have you heard the leslie feist rendition of broken social scene's 'lover's spit'? if not, download it off soulseek, and then answer the following question. when the sounds of the wind come rolling through your speakers, with about, i dunno, 1-2 minutes left in the song, what sort of landscapes do you see in your head? is it perhaps one of the most beatiful sounds you've ever heard?

6. explain how music affects your daily life. when you walk into a room full of people you don't want to be near, what song plays in your mind...when you're looking for things to do around the house, what songs are the first you start singing without really thinking about it?

7. since this is a u2 message board, which are your favourite 4 albums and why?

8. favourite 10 songs of all time?

9. favourite 10 songs right now?

10. where do you hope mainstream radio will find itself in three years?

if she doesn't reply, let's say by monday? then, i'll make a new thread for someone else.

i can't remember who i've all done so far. elvis, popmofo, heartland girl...is that it?

Zoomerang96 said:
you want it? you got it!

-bryan adams

:sexywink:
eew.

come on gibson girl! bryan adams references aside, zoomerang is waay hotter than harry potter! let's do this!

:angry:

The Radio Edit of Lover's Spit is a slow building musical orgasm of awesome.

That's what GibsonGirl said.

I don't mean to spoil things, but I read the next 50 pages of the interview already.

:shh:

i might be hot, but i'm not...but i'm not

don't question my authority or put me in tom chochrane, cause i'm not! cause i'm not!!

sdfjkldfglkdfjklgdfjklgjkldfjklgjklsdfgjklsdfjklgjkldfjklgsdfjklg

Zoomerang96 said:

last night i caught up with gibson girl at her residence in the hamptons, where we spent the evening in love with each other, in between conversation biscuits consisting primarily of music, on which we nibbled on in between kisses.

stone age frequencies often get lost in the rolling thunder and pea soup fog in these parts...we have been able to receive, however, a crackling message indicating that Radiohead's Johnny Greenwood will be making a guest appearance in the new Harry Potter movie....so, take a bite outta that and jump on the mystical ship Karma.

radiohea.jpg

Re: Re: delicious biscuits with gibson girl

angelordevil said:

stone age frequencies often get lost in the rolling thunder and pea soup fog in these parts...we have been able to receive, however, a crackling message indicating that Radiohead's Johnny Greenwood will be making a guest appearance in the new Harry Potter movie....so, take a bite outta that and jump on the mystical ship Karma.

radiohea.jpg

and i love the body
when it's between my knees

i know you know what i mean

we're all connected

i dont wanna think about those things anymore

i'm tired of thinking about those things...

and i'm tired of waiting for gibson girl to answer the call of duty.

so i'll probably make a new thread tonite, dedicated to someone else.

Re: Re: Re: delicious biscuits with gibson girl

Zoomerang96 said:

and i love the body
when it's between my knees

ehhh....sure.:crazy:

Your approach, as I say, could be little cave man-ish for Ms. Gibson. She could be a little too classy for your leanings toward the gutter.

...and that wizard, Johnny Greenwood, truly is in the new Harry Potter film...I've got my sources.

noone's classier than king.

those lyrics had nothing to do with gibson anyway.

and if she was half as classy as you insist she is, then explain why tardiness isn't a priority for her?

and i knew that about greenwood...really interesting though. he's adorable! :happy:

Zoomerang96 said:
and if she was half as classy as you insist she is, then explain why tardiness isn't a priority for her?

maybe she doesn't like biscuits?

no, lm7hitman, maybe YOU don't like biscuits! maybe YOU don't like biscuits, lm7hitman!!!

man your name is hard to type. :angry:

i like your biscuits

yeah, that 7 really throws a wrench into things, doesn't it?

Zoomerang96 said:
no, lm7hitman, maybe YOU don't like biscuits! maybe YOU don't like biscuits, lm7hitman!!!

man your name is hard to type. :angry:

explain your keyboard quirk again, will ya?
I'm 7ust curious....

Oh, fantastic! I've been interviewed by the great Death Bear! :bow: I'm terribly sorry for taking so long - I would have responded sooner, but I was out buying crap for university and doing a lot of packing. :happy:

1. is canada producing the best music in the world these days, if you subtract the shit that mainstream radio's are pumping out? if so, who are these bands.

While I tend to (unfortunately) live in the past rather than focus too much on upcoming bands, Canada certainly is spawning some great newcomers. The main one, of course, being The Arcade Fire. Funeral is perfect in many ways (I love each and every song on that album), and definitely shows promise for what should hopefully be a brilliant career. The Arcade Fire are also opening doors for many other promising bands like Wolf Parade, whose debut should be good. As for other fairly new Canadian music I enjoy, I'm fond of Wintersleep and (some of) Frog Eyes and Hot Hot Heat. They're not what I would call fantastic, but there's some potential there. I really need to get into some more new stuff, though, I feel inadequate in this department. :reject:

2. in regards to the highly contentious debates regarding coldplay on this board over the past year or so, use this opportunity to express why you feel the way you do about the english foursome/fivesome whatever.

It's no secret around here that I think Coldplay are infinitely shit. :happy: I didn't mind certain songs on their first album all that much, and I thought their first version of "Talk" was tolerable (forgetting that Kraftwork must be cringing over the fact that Coldplay sampled one of their songs). Everything else that they've produced on their past two albums has been nothing more than a load of overhyped tripe. What I don't understand is why everyone goes so completely gagga for them. There's nothing even remotely interesting about them or their music. It's just a pile of dull, derivative, uninspired raw sewage. The only song on the latest CD they pulled from their asses that could be perceived as even slightly good, is Twisted Logic, which sounds a bit like Radiohead gone bad. "Fix You" is one reason, amongst many, why I don't turn on the radio. And for the love of God, COULD COLDPLAY'S GUITARIST PLEASE STOP IMITATING THE EDGE?

So in conclusion, Coldplay = shit to the nth degree.

3. five bands you wanna see live within the next five years.

U2 (seeing them in Toronto in a few days)
Radiohead (obviously)
The Arcade Fire
Muse
Pink Floyd (only in my dreams :( )

4. do you listen to music primarily with ear phones or through a stereo? do you spend time right before you sleep listening to music, and if so, what kind of music do you generally play at this time?

It's a bit of a combination, really. For songs that really require the FULL listening experience, like much of Pink Floyd and Radiohead, I'll listen through headphones. The rest is usually played on the stereo on full tilt. Before I go to bed, I usually listen to classical. Not the airy fairy classical, though - Chopin, Stravinsky, Shostakovich...I guess you could call them the alternative rock of the classical genre. :wink:

5. have you heard the leslie feist rendition of broken social scene's 'lover's spit'? if not, download it off soulseek, and then answer the following question. when the sounds of the wind come rolling through your speakers, with about, i dunno, 1-2 minutes left in the song, what sort of landscapes do you see in your head? is it perhaps one of the most beatiful sounds you've ever heard?

No, I have not heard it and I can't find it on Soulseek! This is making me sad, because the way you talk about it makes it sound like it's amazing. :grumpy: Would anyone care to send it to me?

6. explain how music affects your daily life. when you walk into a room full of people you don't want to be near, what song plays in your mind...when you're looking for things to do around the house, what songs are the first you start singing without really thinking about it?

Music affects my daily life in a huge way. If I didn't have something good to listen to every single day, or a guitar to strum away at, I think I'd go insane. Well, more insane than I already am, obviously. With regard to your first question, something by Radiohead usually plays... "How To Disappear Completely" being the obvious one. And if I'm forced to sit with said people for a long time, I usually play back Beethoven's entire 9th Symphony in my mind. I know that entire piece note for note, despite it being over an hour long. :drool: More people need to listen to classical. Too many just pass it off as boring or pretentious, but hell, it provided the backbone for great music today as we know it! As for the second question, I've never really noticed myself doing that all that much. But if I ever do sing for no reason, it's usually something I've been listening to a lot prior to then. Like the other day, I had been listening to Pink Floyd's The Final Cut on repeat, and would just randomly hum songs from the album when I was making tea, or whatever.

7. since this is a u2 message board, which are your favourite 4 albums and why?

Achtung Baby - musically and lyrically, I feel it's U2's best album. There are certain songs I could do without, like TTTYAATW and So Cruel (I appreciate the lyrics in that one, but the music sucks). The rest is pure musical gold. Zoo Station, The Fly, Acrobat, UTEOTW, and Love Is Blindness are perfect. It's definitely The Edge's best album, that's for sure. Those opening notes to Zoo Station blow my mind. If they're playing that one in Toronto, I think I may just pass out!

The Unforgettable Fire - pure atmospheric bliss! This album frequently moves me to tears, even though it's not overly depressing or anything like that. The music is absolutely beautiful and paints the most wonderful pictures in my mind. A Sort Of Homecoming, Promenade, The Unforgettable Fire, Bad, 4th of July, MLK...it's all amazing.

The Joshua Tree - while JT isn't really the type of music I enjoy, I love the lyrics. There's obviously some of U2's greatest hits on it, but I don't listen to them all that much when I put on the album. I'm more interested in the second half of the album, to be quite honest. RTSS is wonderful (though I do prefer the Zoo TV version much more than the album version), Red Hill Mining Town has one of the best U2 choruses of all time, One Tree Hill is brilliant, Exit is just out of this world...Exit's also one I listen to before I go to sleep, I forgot to mention that. It's so dark and eerie...U2 need to do another song like that, but alas, I don't think it's possible given their current musical style.

Zooropa - Zooropa's a bit of an on/off album for me. I really do appreciate the experimentation on it, probably more so than Pop. The first half of the album is brilliant, but I feel it lags a little in the end. The title track is one of my all-time favourites. Numb and Lemon are perfect, Stay is amazing, and Daddy's Gonna Pay is great too (I don't know why so many people slam that one to death - the guitar and drums are fucking AWESOME). I don't care that much for SDABTO, The First Time, or The Wanderer...but I do love Dirty Day (especially some of the remixes). And, unlike most U2 fans, I LIKE the beeping at the end! Those of us who do seem few and far between. :(

8. favourite 10 songs of all time?

Bugger, this is a hard question! I can't even begin to order them, so I'll just do them by band.

1. U2 - The Fly
2. U2 - Please
3. U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name
4. Radiohead - Climbing Up The Walls
5. Radiohead - My Iron Lung
6. Radiohead - Optimistic
7. Radiohead - Paranoid Android
8. Pink Floyd - In The Flesh
9. Pink Floyd - The Gunner's Dream
10. Pink Floyd - Time

9. favourite 10 songs right now?

1. Radiohead - Dollars And Cents
2. Radiohead - You And Whose Army?
3. Queen - The March Of The Black Queen
4. The Arcade Fire - Cold Wind
5. Wolf Parade - You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son
6. Muse - Hysteria
7. Muse - Butterflies and Hurricanes
8. Queen - Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To...)
9. U2 - Love And Peace Or Else
10. Pink Floyd - Embryo

10. where do you hope mainstream radio will find itself in three years?

Unless mainstream changes drastically (which I doubt), I hope it will find itself under several layers of vile, unmentionable things. Mainstream music, and the radio stations that play it, will forever suck no matter what bands are involved. Sometimes, good bands can fuck with the mainstream a little bit and get themselves heard amongst the crap. But there will always be plenty Coldplays, Keanes, Backstreet Boys, 50 Cents, and Gwen Stefanis to push them straight out again. That being said, I guess we need them there - if it wasn't for mainstream music, there would be nothing to measure good music against.

Queen Bee said:
She's too busy running her little Harry Potter forum :sad:

I've lost interest in that now. :happy: I really made that thing on a 4-in-the-morning-damn-I'm-tired-coffee-induced-whim, than anything else. I'm considering just abandoning it now, but I guess that would be cruel to the members who've joined. Enough Harry Potter, more Radiohead! You're ALL hotter than Harry Potter. (Damn, that should be a song)

Thanks to Queen Bee's generosity towards people who live in tiny music shop deprived towns in the middle of nowhere, this album has become one of my all-time favourites:

amnesiac_cover250.jpg

All hail to Amnesiac, all hail to Amnesiac. :bow:

excellent, excellent response gibson girl!!

and for your troubles and for your enjoyment, i present to you 'lover's spit' :

http://s29.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2FYII4I09T6S80TW0TETBENI8E

enjoy.

all hail to caisenma, indeed.

GibsonGirl said:
Before I go to bed, I usually listen to classical. Not the airy fairy classical, though - Chopin, Stravinsky, Shostakovich...I guess you could call them the alternative rock of the classical genre. :wink:

:lmao::love:

Have you ever thought of being someone's 2nd wife? Cause I think my wife and I could both agree on you!

Well that is if you have a great body and the flexibility of a gymnast .... that's really imortant to the missus :shifty:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom