delicious biscuits with gibson girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW Gibson Girl (it sounds like you will apreciate this story)

I was talking to a group of little kids the other day about Harry Potter after they found out I was a fan and I asked them what they thought about the new book. A 12 year old little boy responded with a straight face, "That Snape is a fucking asshole."

Ahhh Harry Potter. Brings out the best in us all.........

Dalton said:
BTW Gibson Girl (it sounds like you will apreciate this story)

I was talking to a group of little kids the other day about Harry Potter after they found out I was a fan and I asked them what they thought about the new book. A 12 year old little boy responded with a straight face, "That Snape is a fucking asshole."

Ahhh Harry Potter. Brings out the best in us all.........

That's hilarious. :lmao:

GibsonGirl said:
Oh, fantastic! I've been interviewed by the great Death Bear! :bow: I'm terribly sorry for taking so long - I would have responded sooner, but I was out buying crap for university and doing a lot of packing. :happy:

Greatest interview EVAR!

lmjhitman said:
excellent, excellent response gibson girl!!

and for your troubles and for your enjoyment, i present to you 'lover's spit' :

http://s29.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2FYII4I09T6S80TW0TETBENI8E

enjoy.

all hail to caisenma, indeed.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

That outro is pure magic! Pristine atmospheric waves of musical pleasure! Thank you so much for uploading it. :bow:

If gives me hope that there are young girls in Newfoundland that have a good taste in music. But about 1% of all newfoundlanders have a good taste in modern music.

Don't get me wrong, many of them make beautiful traditional songs that I could only ever wish to emulate, but if you asked them about modern music, they'd probably say Nickleback.

It's not their fault.
It's lack of exposure.

anyway, much love to GG.

btw, you should check out the Constantines to beef up your canadian content collection. There's no pure- rock band as good as them in canada period

GibsonGirl said:

That outro is pure magic! Pristine atmospheric waves of musical pleasure! Thank you so much for uploading it. :bow:

ah! you like it! good stuff.

and thanks for doing the interview, was a pleasure. i like to involve people i don't normally correspond with here, and try and involve as many different people as possible.

cause really, i don't think people would want to see me interview kieran, basstrap or cu7o every three weeks.

anyway, looks like you've caught the attention of basstrap... :sexywink:

Basstrap said:
If gives me hope that there are young girls in Newfoundland that have a good taste in music. But about 1% of all newfoundlanders have a good taste in modern music.

Don't get me wrong, many of them make beautiful traditional songs that I could only ever wish to emulate, but if you asked them about modern music, they'd probably say Nickleback.

It's not their fault.
It's lack of exposure.

anyway, much love to GG.

btw, you should check out the Constantines to beef up your canadian content collection. There's no pure- rock band as good as them in canada period

front_new.jpg

Shockin' that is, shockin! For those stereotypical comments, you slippery slieveen, we are going to morph through this blue crack screen and forever torment your soul!!!:wink:

Sadly, I think you're right for the most part Basstrap...1% of all newfoundlanders have a good taste in modern music...ouch...can we boost that to 5%?....3.23%? There is a heavy, and unfortunate(as Gibson Girl may be able to attest to) rotation of 'classic rock' on the airwaves here. You have to search for the good stuff, because it won't show up at your door. I have friends who are into progressive stuff, like Modest Mouse, The Pixes, etc., but for every one of those friends, 10 more are heavily into hip-hop/rap.

As for the the traditional music, it's going through a resurgence that has much to do with politics, in my opinion. There's been a recent bloom of nationalism here, a kind of 'us against them' mentality with the rest of Canada. Kinda silly, and it also means the fiddle is drowning out the guitar, for the most part.

So, yeah, Gibson Girl is a rare species....I thought I was the biggest U2 freak in these parts until I joined the addictive blue crack. Add The Arcade Fire and Radiohead in the mix, and she's rarer than a codfish...:wink: I think I'm flirting :ohmy:

Oh me nerves, ya got me drove with all this talk:wink:

GibsonGirl said:

no problem. i had to make sure you heard it. it's probably one of my favourite songs, ever. there's that part, about 4 minutes into the song, after the build up, where it gets all dreamy and echoey - i almost instinctively close my eyes and catch my breath at that part. every time. it's absolute bliss.

i love, love, love that song. :heart:

Basstrap said:
... you should check out the Constantines to beef up your canadian content collection. There's no pure- rock band as good as them in canada period

I second that motion. They are one of the most impassioned live acts in Canada as well... listless performances are few and far between with the Constantines.

Basstrap said:

It's not their fault.
It's lack of exposure.

You are so right. But I blame it on the radio stations, they blow. I just spent 3 weeks back home and listened to my Ipod in the car during the whole trip. KRock, and OZ just suck so much. The internet is the only gateway for new music especially for newfs.

GibsonGirl said:
Music affects my daily life in a huge way. If I didn't have something good to listen to every single day...I think I'd go insane.

Amen. I'm the same way :).

Liked reading your responses to this :). I personally don't mind Coldplay-not a big fan, but I can tolerate 'em, but I still found your answer to the question about them interesting :D.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom