The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2er

Refugee
Anyone like this band? They're the ones that sing that song "Wasting My Time." I bought their CD today and I love it! And what makes it better, the man I love and adore with all my heart, Chad Kroeger of Nickelback, did a lot of work on the album and co-produced it. Anybody like/hate them?

I like "Wasting My Time."

They seem pretty cool. I ahven't bought the album yet. I was waiting to see what else came off it before I splurge. Is it any good?

theyre among the worst bands that you will hear on the radio these days. u2er, your taste in music frightens me, nickeback and default are two of the absolute worst bands ever.

they sound like creed and everything else. there is no creativity there whatsoever, forgettable, regrettable, formulaic and definately corporate rock with nothing to say at its finest.

i hope this joke is a thread, and im not catching on.

Well, I'm sure your music taste sucks as well. And btw, I'm a she :madspit:

*Edited because they DO NOT sound like Creed :mad: :madspit: :scream:

Last edited:
yeah, default make me sick...as do nickleback
White trash if there ever was

But to each their own, I suppose.

I like Micheal Bolton

I kid, I kid

your insinuating i like shitty music. not true.

first of all, we both like u2.

secondly, i love radiohead, pink floyd and sigur ros. after those come smashing pumpkins and rem.

you have a problem with those bands?

nickelback and default are like the poison and warrant of our generation. theyre both groups who think that banging their guitars with the same effects is still cool after the billionth time.

"theres only 12 powerchords, time for a change, ay?" -jonny greenwood

there use of guitars and lame ass verse chorus verse bullshit which is never surprising is identical to every other shitty rock band out there.

u2er, please for the love of mankind, take off that nickelback picture.

How about no.. I happen to like the picture. I don't really have a problem with those bands, except rem and pink floyd are the only ones I really listen to. At the moment I am expanding my musical tastes. It's better than Britney or nsync, isn't it?

Jeez, you guys are harsh.

secondly, i love radiohead, pink floyd and sigur ros. after those come smashing pumpkins and rem.

Man!! thats awesome.
You can't pick holes in that list!!
All great fucking songwriters.

Sure, Billy C has an odd voice that may be an aquired taste, but I love it and he writes awesome songs!

sorry i just get pissy when i hear the same bands on the radio all the time, these bullshit groups which are hailed as the kings of rock "biggest band in the world" bullshit, and it makes me sick to see an obvious u2 fan gush about them.

its all noise!!! distorted power chords all the time!!! doesnt it bother you?!?!?! nothing stands out!!!

im not mad at you, but you must realize that when you wrote that bit about anyone hating them, there were gonna be a few that do.

like me.

btw, creed, nickelback, default are NO different than bsb or britney. bsb and britney are yesterdays news, and these "rock" groups are taking their place on the pop charts, its very easy to see. the only problem is, everyone KNEW that britney and co. were fake, but these guys are selling themselves to be the real deal!

so in that case, long live britney.

Basstrap said:

Man!! thats awesome.
You can't pick holes in that list!!
All great fucking songwriters.

Sure, Billy C has an odd voice that may be an aquired taste, but I love it and he writes awesome songs!

nice to see someone else with same musical tastes.

Aren't we feisty? :D

Nickelback isn't that bad (worthy of being deemed 'white trash' - save that for Eminem or Limp Bizkit) compared to what gets played on the radio (here at least). I think it's better to like them than to like Britney... but then again, that doesn't say much. I don't like Default's single though (since I haven't heard anything else, I can't say anything more). I can tolerate Nickelback to a certain extent, moreso than say... Puddle of Mudd. But of course, comparing them to today's "mainstream radio" music scene (at least where I am), would make any band sound good.

Nickelback isn't that popular where I am though. Not certainly to the extent of Creed or Linkin Park or Britney.

...But don't say deathbear's music tastes suck cause... well... they don't. I'm still saying that you're welcome to your opinion, to like whatever music you want to like. But in doing so, you're always open to criticism.

Last edited:
I don't like the song at all. I saw them perform it on telly recently and it was awful. I agree, they sound exactly like everyone else, and what's more it seems to be a deliberate thing on their part. The singer's voice sounded sooooo un-natural, he was totally forcing it and trying to sing a certain way ala Creed and Eddie Vedder.

I know people are gonna hate them, and that's ok. I just happen to like them. We all have our different tastes :D

they're not my taste...i'm more for classic rock and (a few) oldies...but mostly U2!!!!! let's not pick fights, k?

Stories for Boys said:
they're not my taste...i'm more for classic rock and (a few) oldies...but mostly U2!!!!!

Same here. I'm more for classic rock than I am for Nickelback.. although I never really liked Rod Stewart :eyebrow:

*giggle* she said rod stewart...

i'm just joshin' you...i'll be honest in saying that 80% of the time i'm listening to u2...:eek: :silent: :ohmy: :happy:

I think Default has a lot of work to do before they reach the same level as Nickelback, musically. IMO, the Fallout is too short of a cd with no really outstanding songs but compared to "white trash" rockers like Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock, I won't complain.

I would like to see Default do something away from Nickelback though. Their constant tandem touring makes me wonder if Default is really a band of it's own.

I agree with deathbear? What's this world coming to?

Zoomerang96 said:

btw, creed, nickelback, default are NO different than bsb or britney. bsb and britney are yesterdays news, and these "rock" groups are taking their place on the pop charts, its very easy to see. the only problem is, everyone KNEW that britney and co. were fake, but these guys are selling themselves to be the real deal!

so in that case, long live britney.

:yes: I completely agree.

Ah well. At least you like U2, U2er! :D

Re: I agree with deathbear? What's this world coming to?

meegannie said:
Ah well. At least you like U2, U2er! :D

I like U2 better than I like Nickelback or Default, so.. I can't be a total bad person, can I? ;)

[color=royal blue]I really don't like Default.... they sound too much like everything else on the radio :([/color]

my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom