def leppard live! (reviews and pics - 56k no)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
i saw def leppard last night, thus bringing my short-lived summer concert series to an end. :sigh:

but anyway! let's focus more on the positive and less on the negative, right? the concert was at the mud island amphitheatre and was sold out. :drool: luckily, due to the time of the concert, the fact that we were on the river, and that we were slightly elevated, we had a breeze which helped cool things down until the sun set. unfortunately, the concert was general admission so we had rather crappy seats.

here's the stage. you can see the mississippi river as well as the downtown memphis skyline in the background :drool:

now, let's get down to the playlist:

action
let's get rocked
women
foolin'
hysteria
promises
no matter what
love bites
armageddon it
two steps behind
rock on
rocket
photograph
animal
rock of ages

bringin' on the heartbreak
pour some sugar on me

definitely a great playlist. bonus points were given to joe when he started yelling at these drunken assholes who decided when he was talking about the recent goings on in london would be a PERFECT time to start fighting! i mean drunken fights at a concert are retarded in the first place, but not when the lead singer is talking about such a serious subject! :tsk:

also liked their covers of rock on and no matter what (omg i already knew the words to these songs). but i liked all of the songs.

unfortunately, this concert was not as scandalicious as my last concerts. oh well, such is life.

now, let's get down to the photos.
as before, i don't keep track or try to remember what photos were taken during what songs, so here's some random photos of the band!

Wow, great pics! What camera do you have? Just saw your duran duran thread too.. only now, cos I'd been away.

By the way, you've more than made up for missing U2. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Wow, great pics! What camera do you have? Just saw your duran duran thread too.. only now, cos I'd been away.

By the way, you've more than made up for missing U2. :wink:
an old ass canon powershot a60. :D

i'm keeping my fingers crossed about U2, i *may* be able to see them during the third leg. :crossesfingers:

acclaim.gif

I finally remembered to look in this thread. :) They played the same set list on Friday. :drool: Unfortunately I wasn't smart like you and didn't bring a camera! :madspit: But I was also right up front so there's no way I could have gotten good pictures since there were tall people in front of me. It was a great show! Not my favorite that I've seen of them, the last show I was at a few years ago was better but it was still a good time! It's always fun to see them even if they're more of a nostalgia act than anything these days.

Thank you for the review, I am seeing them this August 27th here in Vancouver and I love the setlist. Setlist is no surprise considering that it is the greatest hits tour :p

isabelle_guns said:
Thank you for the review, I am seeing them this August 27th here in Vancouver and I love the setlist. Setlist is no surprise considering that it is the greatest hits tour :p
no problem :wink:

yeah, i'm hoping when they are touring to promote a proper album they'd play a bit more different stuff.

Back
Top Bottom