Def Leppard 'Adrenalize' 1992 Nostalgia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Okay, in all probability this thread will sink like a lead balloon to the darkest depths of B&C. But I couldn't resist the temptation in making this thread. Just copied my Adrenalize CD to itunes and ended up listening to it. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy this album even though it was quite unpopular back then amid all the grunge scene hype! Ironically, Let's Get Rocked was what got me into these guys and that video was my first visual of them. And then I back tracked and discovered Hysteria, Pyromania etc. But at the end of the day, these songs will always be playing in my room...
  • Let's Get Rocked
  • Heaven Is
  • Make Love Like A Man
  • Tonight
  • White Lightning
  • Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion)
  • Personal Property
  • Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
  • I Wanna Touch You
  • Tear It Down
:rockon:

adrenalize.jpg

DL86.jpg

DL73.jpg

Dl85.jpg

DL221.jpg

DL78.jpg

Def Leppard lovers unite here and relive the rock! :rockon:

:wink:

namkcuR said:
I have always had a hard time taking Def Leppard seriously.

Oh I don't think they're meant to be taken seriously! :lol:

It's just adrenalin fueled rock IMO, no pun intended. And some of the songs on this album are cheesy as hell I admit... like I Wanna Touch You :yuck: and Make Love Like A Man! :lol: But there are some solid rockers here such as Tear It Down, Personal Property, White Lightning and Heaven Is. :rockon:

As for Let's Get Rocked, as hilariously bad as the lyrics are, I have a nostalgic attachment to it. :love:

I remember this came out back in 1992, on the same day as Springsteen's two albums (Human Touch and Lucky Town). That was an expensive day (Def Leppard was always a guilty pleasure of mine through high school and college).

Adrenalize wasn't that great though. I actually still have the CD :reject: and haven't listened to it in years.

But Hysteria is an all-time classic for late 80's rock - I don't care what anyone says. :wink:

I was a fan, but that was back when I was in my teens, the early 80s. I was a Joe Elliott fan. Got into the hotel to get his autograph on an 8x10 photo of him. He was pissed that the hotel let me in. I just wanted an autograph and then left. Hell, the staff could have taken the pic from me & gotten it signed. Saw them a couple of times in concert too. They opened for Billy Squire before they went out on their own to headline.

Oh well... Had the Marilyn Monroe shirt he wore as well...

Stopped following them about mid-80s. The first album has some cool songs as well. Rock Brigade, Hello America, ... :rockon:

Hysteria was my favorite album for probably 2 years. I listened to side one over and over and over again. Pour Some Sugar On Me ruled. Remember that was #1 on MTV for like 3 months? I bet that record still stands. Awesome.
"Sugary, sacchrine, loosen up. Do you take sugar? One lump or two?" <--- Fuck Bob Dylan, that's poetic genius.

Zootlesque said:

DL78.jpg

Def Leppard lovers unite here and relive the rock! :rockon:

:wink:

lmao Zootles. Some things from the 90's should stay in the 90's!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom