Def Leppard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched 2 of the video clips on the AOL On Demand site. I was a fan back in the day (20+years ago). Had gotten Joe's autograph at the hotel the day of his show. He was pissed that the hotel security let me in. I told them I would even stay outside if they would just get my 8x10 pic signed by Joe. They said go in (they were on the roof at the pool), ask politely. I said I would leave after that (was hanging out outside the hotel waiting for them). And I did. Phil seemed to be more polite sitting in the pool. Ah, the old days. Then I went to the show that night with my Marilyn Monroe shirt (like Joe had) and sat front row. Ah... the good old days :reject:

:shifty:

The 3 posters above me can kiss it....
eck05.gif

:wink: (Just kidding guys, I luv u all)

Pyromania, High 'N' Dry and Hysteria ... were their BEST albums !! :up:

Several GREAT Songs !! :applaud:

Rock ! Rock ! (Til You Drop)
Photograph
Too Late For Love
Die Hard The Hunter
Foolin'
Rock Of Ages
Comin' Under Fire
Action ! Not Words
Billy's Got A Gun
Bringin' On The Heartbreak
Me & My Wine
You Got Me Runnin'
Lady Strange
Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
Women
Rocket
Animal
Love Bites
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Armageddon It
Hysteria

Such an AWESOME 80's band Def Leppard was ... I cannot believe
that ... Rock Of Ages : The Definitive Collection ... is in the No. 31 spot
on Billboard's Top 40 Album Chart ... :scream:

Def Leppard totally rule! I realise they are "bad" but they still totally rule. I saw them live in '96 in Glasgow and they were amazingly good.

two weeks from tonight and I'll be at a Def Leppard concert!!! :hyper: I dont go because I like their new stuff. I kind of grew up on them and have seen them in MN at every concert since 1988 so I have to go! :D It'll just be a greatest hits show but it's still fun. There is only one other band from my youth that I would spend money on to go see.....:IRON MAIDEN: :bow: Otherwise you probably couldn't pay me to see a lot of the bands now that I saw 10-15 years ago :tsk:

they are the definition of a guilty pleasure.
and the one-armed drummer thing is pretty freakin' impressive, no doubt. the fact that they all stuck with each other through that is pretty cool.
they've had a guitarist die and a drummer lose an arm. did anyone see their "behind the music"? craziness.

i can't deny the love for them i had when i was young kid growing up in the 80s, great band. They were one of my favorite bands.

I recently went back and heard one of their cds and didn't really enjoy it like i used to, actually thought it wasn't that good.

but I still like them i guess...after all, we got history together.

Showing love for them is going a little far for me... but they are great. cheesy, silly, and great. Let's Get Rocked, Animal, Armageddon It :ohmy: and Make Love Like A Man are amongst the daftest songs I've ever heard:

'well I'm sorry girl, here's my confession:
I s'pose a rock's out of the question?'

:lmao::lmao::laugh:

It's that northern sense of humour we have here in the UK. I remember having to explain to several of my friends in the States that these guys are from Sheffield, South Yorkshire... they were convinced the band came from California!:huh:

RademR said:

it's just an expression, in other words I liked them growing up.

I know! I liked them growing up too. I wasn't suggesting that you really love them or anything! :)

Yesterday, I bought Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection ... it was only $16.99 ... :up:
A two disc set with 35 songs ... all their hits ... AWESOMELY GREAT !! :bow: :applaud: :love: :heart:

Disc 1

Pour Some Sugar On Me (Historia video edit)
Photograph
Love Bites
Let's Get Rocked
Two Steps Behind (Acoustic version)
Animal
Heaven Is
Foolin'
Rocket (Visualize video edit)
When Love And Hate Collide
Armageddon It
Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
Rock Of Ages