Decent inkjet printers for Macs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
My H-P took a shit a few months ago, less than six months after I bought it. They want to charge me 25 bucks to troubleshoot it over the phone. They've already tried to help me via email. Are Epsons as good as I think they are? I have an Epson at school, and it works great so far. I've had it since September. Your printers?

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

HP's are much better than Epsons in my experience. My parents have had the same HP printer since 92, and it still works flawlessly. I've got an HP 952C that works great - haven't had any problems with it.

Epsons have good print quality, but there a few things about them that annoy the crap out of me. 1) They're loud, 2) they take forever to start up (and are loud when doing so) - I had an Epson that I timed once - it took 25 seconds from the time I hit the power until it was ready to print. With an HP, hit the power button and a second later it's up and running. 3) the way they replace ink cartridges is really crummy. Unless they've changed this in the last couple years, the printer won't let you change the cartridges unless it thinks it's empty. In all reality it could not be printing anything, but if the printer still detects some ink, it physically won't let you get at the ink cartridges. I had this happen to me once and it's extremely frustrating. I had to basically run the cleaning function over and over (and over) again until it finally decided it was low on ink, even though it was barely printing anything for a long time. And lastly, 4) HP printer software (utilities) and integration into the system is much better than the Epson equivalent.

So yeah, I'd stick with HP.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 03-26-2002).]

I had an HP for the longest time w/ my old imac, worked no problems. I loved it and it was extremely quiet. When I got my new imac there was an offer for a free epson printer so I took it and gave the HP to my brother. Although the Epson performs just as well as the HP....IT'S GOD AWFUL NOISEY.....IT JUST SITS THERE AND FARTS FOR 5 MINUTES BEFOR EIT DECIDES THAT IT'S GOING TO PRINT!!!!! My dad's Epson at home does the same thing. It drives me crazy. Maybe your HP was just a lemon...I would stick with them.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

I have an Epson that I use for my mac. I've never had any problems with it. Quality is good too.

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Hello there....I have an iMac with an Epson (only because I needed a printer and this was the only thing I can afford). I would have to say that HP is better. In my design classes at school, the HP didn't seem to be constantly breaking down unlike the Epson, the color was better, there were more print features. Also, the HP was very quiet.

We have HP's at the college I go to/work out, and they same pretty damn good, considering the amount of printing they are subjected to. I have an Epson at home, and it really sucks...I don't even use it anymore. We also have a Lexmark at home, which isn't bad but it's not the greatest.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Back
Top Bottom