Decemberists' Trailer Stolen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Someone at another board said that the trailer was found, but all of the instruments were gone. They had to use replacement instruments for their show.

http://www.decemberists.com/news/

Our Trailer, Stolen
General News— admin @ 2:31 pm
Hello All,

At some time between 3 a.m. and 8 a.m., the band’s gear trailer was stolen from outside a house in SE Portland, near the Aladdin Theatre. Heartbreakingly, it housed practically every piece of instrumentation belonging to the Decemberists.

So this is a sort of call to arms; I figure if we get the word out, maybe we all can collectively track it down.

The trailer in question is a WHITE 6′ x 12′ WELLS CARGO trailer. There’s a green ‘VT’ (as in Vermont) sticker on the side door, among other smaller stickers, a BRITISH FLAG sticker on the front, and a ‘NO ON 36′ sticker on the left back door. The license number is U34 8717 (Oregon).

Any information you might have on this, please report to the Portland Police. If you do see it, by all means call 911.

Last edited:
I just read about this on Pitchfork. Terrible news, considering the large variety of instruments they use as a band. I cant imagine how upset they are. I was hopefully going to see them in about 2 weeks too, I bet that makes their tour really difficult.

I know an band that had all their equipment stolen...they never did get any of it back either. I notice they now take what they can (such as guitars, etc.) into the hotel with them now.

I noted in that Pitchfork article that several bands have had equipment stolen recently. Thta would just be so discouraging.

aw this is crappy!! I hope thye can get their stuff back somehow.. great, great band, and their new album is yet another testament to their awesome quality :D

SkeeK said:
great, great band, and their new album is yet another testament to their awesome quality :D

I just picked it up and finished it, I absolutely love it already. GREAT :up:

I have tickets to see them this coming Monday.

Back
Top Bottom