Debate: Chain Threads - Yay or Nay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palace_Hero

Refugee, Note: Troll-like
The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference.
I was having an interesting discussion earlier with an Interference chum over the positives and negatives of threads such as the Octagon Bar, the Random thread and various other U2 or not-related games littering Interference.

After expressing an opinon that it was infact detrimental to Interference as I think it dilutes the quality of the forum and encourages people to run up big post counts quickly, I was attacked by the unnamed person for being hypocritical. I consider this an attack as it was without foundation, their evidence was that my 1000th post thread was a chat thread in the same vein.

My questions I pose to you all are as follows:

- Are chain threads detrimental to Interference? What are their benefits?

- Is my achievement thread, which isn't the 163rd in a succession of similar 500 post threads, in the same category? Keep in mind I added substance in the form of a humourous joke.

- Optional: Are my threads being unfairly closed, and you you agree with me that a bit more discretion from all (including me) would oil the cogs of Interference a bit better?

I say the above is optional because it may be a debate not many want to get into and I fear that such a question may be percieved as 'rule breaking'. I am just trying to be diplomatic and get a fair go!

Enjoy the question time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom