Death To Computers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrattyIrishPunk

War Child
Alright, the computer I have right now is still kinda new, I got it for Christmas a year or two ago, and it uselly works fine. But, recently, its been a real jerk. I have a password to log on to my computer cause my 22 year old brother is known to go on it and download all this stuff on my Kazaa that I dont need. So if you don't put in the password as soon as you turn on the computer the screen gets all big and the only way to shrink it is restarting the computer. Well, I went outside for like two min to get the mail and put this sticker on my mom's car, I come back in type the password in AND THE SCREEN GETS ALL GOOFY.

Oh, and death to Hotmail, I didnt know what this one e-mail was and I thought it was from someone I knew, so I downloaded the attachment and there was a virus on my computer and I had to delete my Kazaa and re-download it and I lost all my files which really sucks...

Sicy said:

Is it win95? Mine used to do that. :laugh: :eek:

It's actually winME. I'm sure microsoft puts a timer into windows so that it stops working just after your computer cover runs out.

Did you manage to stop win95 from restarting?

It's kinda annoying me now!! :mad: :sad: :scream: :huh: :lol:

Jo

Oh my werd you guys need Windows 2000. I have never had a problem with that operating system!! :heart: :heart:

No eventually.. I got a new comp :D

Sicy said:
Oh my werd you guys need Windows 2000. I have never had a problem with that operating system!! :heart: :heart:

My computer is just plan evil thats all. My cat fell asleep on the power switch once and shut it off while I was on here, my cat is also evil[well really all four of them are.]

i think i know what your guys' problem is with your comps randomly restarting. it could be because of a fatal error or something. i don't know if it goes for windows 95, etc., but there's a setting on windows xp to make it not do that. you go under the control panel, and go to system (properties). then click on the advanced tab, and click on the startup and recovery settings button. there will be a section in the box called system failure, and a checkbox labelled automatically restart. make sure it's unclicked if you don't want to do that.

like i said, this may not be available in windows 95, etc. and it may not even be the problem, but i figured it couldn't help to bring it up. :)

Sicy said:

My comp hasnt been the same since my father threw away Windows98. He actually erase it somehow and supposedly thats not possible. Any ways my comp freezes all the time and it shuts down and acts weird.

adamswildhoney said:
My comp hasnt been the same since my father threw away Windows98. He actually erase it somehow and supposedly thats not possible. Any ways my comp freezes all the time and it shuts down and acts weird.
:ohmy: that sounds like my dad. his comp runs on windows me, but we have manuals for windows 3.1, 95, and 98 cuz we used to have those back in the day. i saw the manuals out one day and i was thinking "why would he be looking at these? especially windows 3.1 cuz everything looks different!!" so i hid them so he wouldn't look at them anymore. :mac: :silent:

Back
Top Bottom