Death Cab to tour with Ben Kweller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Im there....from Pitchfork.

Cory D. Byrom reports:
Death Cab For Cutie and Ben Kweller will hit the road this spring on a tour that will cover twenty-five states in just over two months. They will be co-headlining, which Pitchfork's Brian Howe just informed me does not mean that they'll both set up instruments on two different stages and perform at the exact same time. Bummer. Instead, Death Cab For Cutie and Ben Kweller will each be performing a full-length set on the same stage at different times. I guess that makes more sense anyway.

Death Cab, who are currently busy becoming the most popular-- not to mention dreamiest-- band on the planet, have also been invited to perform at the massive Coachella festival alongside the Pixies, the Cure, Wilco, Flaming Lips, Radiohead, and every other good band on the planet (except The Alan Parsons Project, who were mysteriously not invited), but we already told you all about that. Confirming their desire for said popular/dreamy title, the Cabs will perform "The Sound of Setting" on Last Call with Carson Daly on February 13th, proving once and for all that sometimes earnest indie rockers can find favor with former MTV douchebags. The video for the track, which appears on the Cuties' Transatlanticism, was directed by Tomorrow's Brightest Minds, and is the first to feature the current line up of Ben Gibbard, Nick Harmer, Christopher Walla, and relatively new drummer Jason McGerr. Grrrrr!!

Plan your "employee leave of absence" notice according to the following itinerary:

03-02 Spokane, WA - Big Easy Spokane
03-21 Boise, ID - Big Easy Boise
03-22 Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue
03-23 Denver, CO - Gothic Theatre
03-24 Omaha, NE - Sokol Auditorium *
03-25 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue *
03-26 Milwaukee, WI - The Rave *
03-27 St. Louis, MO - Mississippi Nights *
03-29 Grand Rapids, MI - Calvin College *
03-30 Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre *
03-31 Cleveland, OH - Odeon *
04-01 Pittsburgh, PA - Club Laga *
04-02 Charlottesville, NC - Starr Hill Music Hall *
04-03 Washington DC - 9:30 Club *
04-04 Buffalo, NY - TBA
04-05 Northampton, MA - Pearl Street *
04-06 New York, NY - Irving Plaza *
05-08 New York, NY - Irving Plaza *
04-09 Providence, RI - Lupo's *
04-10 Boston, MA - Avalon *
04-12 Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero *
05-13 Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero *
04-14 Cincinnati, OH - TBA
04-15 Chicago, IL - Vic *
05-16 Chicago, IL - Vic *
04-17 Nashville, TN - Exit/Inn *
04-18 Asheville, NC - TBA
04-19 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle *
04-20 Athens, GA - 40 Watt *
04-21 Atlanta, GA - Variety *
04-22 Birmingham, AL - Work Play Theatre *
04-23 New Orleans, LA - Howlin' Wolf *
04-24 Houston, TX - Numbers *
04-26 Dallas, TX - Trees *
05-27 Dallas, TX - Trees *
04-28 Austin, TX - Stubbs *
04-29 El Paso, TX - TBA *
04-30 Phoenix, TX - Marquee *
05-01 Indio, CA - Coachella Festival
05-02 Indio, CA - Coachella Festival
05-03 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore *
05-04 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore *
05-05 Portland, OR - Crystal *
05-06 Seattle, WA - Showbox *
05-07 Seattle, WA - Showbox *
05-08 Seattle, WA - Showbox *

* with Ben Kweller

Ben Kweller, on the other hand, is not performing on Last Call with Carson Daly. At least if he is, he hasn't told anyone yet. He is, however, gearing up for the release of his third long player, On My Way, on April 6th. The record was recorded in ye olde rock and roll style: live in the studio with minimal post-production. The instruments were set up, plugged in, and thoroughly rocked upon, with nary a headphone in sight. According to Kweller, "you can mix everything how you want in your headphones. But a lot of times people end up just listening to themselves and making sure they're playing their part perfectly." Well that's no fun! Don't let the balls-out production style mislead you, though, for the record features a number of folk-inspired tunes, and is laced with Kweller's usual optimism. Tracklist:

01 I Need You Back
02 Hospital Bed
03 My Apartment
04 On My Way
05 The Rules
06 Down
07 Living Life
08 Ann Disaster
09 Believer
10 Here Me Out
11 Different But The Same

Wow, a concert that's actually coming to Utah for a change!!!

What kind of music is Ben Kweller? I know not.

I still need the Deathcab album. :up:

Yes, you do need the Death Cab album, Transatlanticsm is great. Kweller is kinda indie rock I guess. His first album, Sha Sha was solid. More recently hes been touring with The Bens. Ben Lee, and Ben Folds.
Ive seen him live and he puts on a good show.

04-05 Northampton, MA - Pearl Street *

i saw that earlier today and thought of you guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom