Death Cab for Cutie "Plans" (haha) Fall Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I was looking on my local concert ticket site today and saw Death Cab listed! I freaked and looked around and found this tour was announced today. Check this out, friendies:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-08/10.shtml#deathcab

Death Cab for Cutie Announce Fall Tour

Megan Martin reports:
With a new album (Plans) soon to be released on a new label (Atlantic), Seattle-based heartthrobs Death Cab for Cutie are ready to put their money where their music is (well, Atlantic's money), and hit the road on a seven-week North American tour.

The tour kicks off in Vancouver, BC on October 3 after a few stadium-size performances this summer including Japan's Summer Sonic festival and a sold-out show in New York's Central Park Summerstage on August 18 with fellow indie-yuppie posterboys (and girls) Decemberists and Stars. On September 27, the group will rock Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

Tickets go on sale August 12 or 13 according to reps, but there will be a few presales available on the group's website today, August 10, at 1 p.m. EST. Oh shit, that's in, like, a half-hour!

Seth Cohen, get out your wallet:

10-03 - Vancouver, B.C. - Commodore Ballroom*
10-04 - Vancouver, B.C. - Commodore Ballroom*
10-05 - Walla Walla, WA - Whitman College*
10-07 - Salt Lake City, UT - In the Venue*
10-08 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore Auditorium*
10-10 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue*
10-11 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue*
10-12 - Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre*
10-14 - Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan Theater*
10-15 - Toronto, Canada - Kool Haus*
10-16 - Montreal, Quebec - Le Spectrum*
10-17 - Bostom, MA - Orpheum Theatre*
10-19 - New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom*
10-21 - Carlisle, PA - Dickinson College#
10-22 - Providence, RI - Lupo's at the Strand#
10-23 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club#
10-25 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory#
10-28 - Nashville, TN - War Memorial Auditorium#
10-29 - Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle#
10-30 - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live#
11-04 - Dallas, TX - Ridglea Theater#
11-05 - Austin, TX - Stubb's Barbeque#
11-08 - Phoenix, AZ - Marquee Theater#
11-09 - San Diego, CA - SOMA#
11-11 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern#
11-13 - San Francisco, CA - The Warfield#
11-16 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom#
11-18 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theater#

* with Youth Group
# with Stars

Man, I really wish Starts was opening for all the dates, I'm really jealous of everyone who will see that pair up! Regardless, I'll definitely be going to the October show. I've already started trying to talk HG into coming up for it. :wink:

Se7en said:
i see a philly date. :up:

i hope i can go.

Normally, I would be at that Philly show, but they're playing Carlisle which is only one town away from me. I would kick myself if I missed it.

Se7en said:
i see a philly date. :up:

i hope i can go.
go, Go, GO!!!!
death cab AND stars! :drool:

and once again, they're not coming anywhere near me. :angry:

who actually opens? i was assuming it was deathcab...

i'm seeing the twin bill as well, later this month.

Franz plays first. Tickets had 8 pm printed on them so I assumed that's when the actual opener (The Cribs) came out. We got there about 8:30 and FF was already a couple songs into their set, so I missed a few of them, but they put on a good performance as well. I was happy to see them because I've missed them a couple times before. I missed one of their shows in Dallas in 2004 because I had other plans already and I missed them at ACL last year because they were playing on the other side of the park at the same time as Wilco, and that was an easy decision to make.

Death Cab was great though. Far exceeded my expecatations. Out of all the those I've been to and all the bands I've seen, "We Looked Like Giants" was one of my favorite performances of a song I've ever seen.

that's cause we looked like giants rocks socks off clocks.

good to hear it was a good show, i can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom