Dear Lindsay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Wow, that's pretty tough- I wonder if any executives have ever said anything like that to her before. Harsh but maybe necessary, if all the stories about her behavior are true. I would have to wonder if the studio also leaked it to Smoking Gun.

Lindsay Lohan has been chastised for calling in sick to the set of her movie Georgia Rule – by the head of the company producing the film.

In a stern letter that threatens legal action against the star, James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, calls Lohan's recent absences from the set "irresponsible and unprofessional."

The letter, dated July 26 and marked for hand delivery and e-mail, was first posted on The Smoking Gun Web site. A rep for Morgan Creek confirmed the letter's authenticity to PEOPLE.

Early Wednesday morning, Lohan was briefly hospitalized for being "overheated and dehydrated," her rep, Leslie Sloane-Zelnick, told TV's The Insider.

Several sources told PEOPLE that Lohan had been at the nightclub Guy's Tuesday night prior to her hospitalization.

Lohan's rep had no comment. A source close to the actress was surprised by the letter, telling PEOPLE, "She hasn't been crazy partying. In fact, I've never seen her so together."

A publicist for Morgan Creek Productions told PEOPLE on Thursday, "Lindsay reported to the set today on time. We're hoping she remains on schedule for the rest of production."

Below is a transcript of the letter.

Dear Lindsay,

Since the commencement of principal photography of Georgia Rule, you have frequently failed to arrive on time to the set. Today, you did not show for work (all day). I am now told you don't plan to work tomorrow because you are "not feeling well." You and your representatives have told us that your various late arrivals and absences from the set have been the result of illness; today we were told it was "heat exhaustion." We are well aware that your ongoing all night heavy partying is the real reason for your so called "exhaustion." We refuse to accept bogus excuses for your behavior.

To date, your actions on Georgia Rule have been discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional. You have acted like a spoiled child and in so doing have alienated many of your co-workers and endangered the quality of this picture. Moreover, your actions have resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage. We will not tolerate these actions any further.

If you do not honor your production commitments, including your scheduled call time for tomorrow, and any call times thereafter, we will hold you personally accountable. This means that in addition to pursuing full monetary damages, we will take such other action as we deem necessary to preserve the integrity of the Georgia Rule Production as well as Morgan Creek's financial interests. I urge you to take this letter seriously and conduct yourself professionally.

Sincerely,

James G. Robinson
CEO, Morgan Creek Productions

what an unbelievably unprofessional letter. despite what lindsay lohan has or has not done. it sounds like a bitchy teenage girl wrote that. i cant get over the juvenile writing style!

Angela Harlem said:
it sounds like a bitchy teenage girl wrote that. i cant get over the juvenile writing style!

:laugh: You've never known any "executive types" who are like bitchy teenage girls? :D I agree, it could have been far more professional. But that's the way it is sometimes, people are unprofessional when responding to someone they are accusing of being unprofessional. Doesn't excuse it.

Angela Harlem said:
what an unbelievably unprofessional letter. despite what lindsay lohan has or has not done. it sounds like a bitchy teenage girl wrote that. i cant get over the juvenile writing style!

that's exactly what i was thinking as i read it.

If it had been written in a more professional tone, there is no way Lindsay would've understood the letter. Why does it matter about the "tone" of the letter? It's from a film executive not the Vatican or any highly regarded institution.

That said, she "overheats and dyhydrates" like there's no tomorrow. You'd think she was training for an ultra-marathon or something.

randhail said:
Why does it matter about the "tone" of the letter?

It matters, because regardless of anything else, this is a case of an employee (contract) and a manager in the company the employee is contracted to. A letter from a manager to an employee (contract or otherwise) in the company I work for, like this letter, would be in our HR offices and all hell would break loose in about 1.2 seconds after someone received it. The manager can't be referring to what he/she thinks is the cause of the lateness/no show the way this one did. She should certainly be reprimanded and put on a warning for dismissal, but this was absolutely not the proper way to word the letter.

Hopefully it does give her a kick in the ass though and get her to get her act together, but that guy may have also opened himself to some kind of lawsuit if she decides to take action about the allegations. (Let's face it, sometimes it doesn't actually matter if they are true or not.)

starsgoblue said:

Yea, this has happened before hasn't it?

It's happened at least once before, but I feel like it's been a lot more. IMDBs news always has something about Lindsay going to the hospital for something. Perhaps she should drink a little more water rather than assorted liquors.

Angela Harlem said:

:yes:

That said, she "overheats and dyhydrates" like there's no tomorrow. You'd think she was training for an ultra-marathon or something.

:lmao: So true though.

randhail said:

It's happened at least once before, but I feel like it's been a lot more. IMDBs news always has something about Lindsay going to the hospital for something. Perhaps she should drink a little more water rather than assorted liquors.

:lol:

You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

Peter Griffin is correct :up:

^^That was funny.

And there is no way a Studio Exec CEO wrote that letter. It leaves the author wide open to LAWSUIT in the allegations,
contract or no contract.

I am also so sick of hearing Linday Lohan in the news. Please.....

If you look at the letter on TSG, he also CCed it to her mother. I don't know why he didn't just call Lindsay and ask her to his office and try to have a professional conversation with her. I think perhaps her reputation is affecting her career, yes she is only 20 but maybe it's time for her to think about that and take responsibility for it. It seems like people will always think it's the partying, and if she really was out that same night it just doesn't look good.

"Yet as the dust was still settling, Dina Lohan fumed about Robinson in an interview set to air Monday on TV's Access Hollywood: "Maybe he has personal issues with whomever, and it came out with my child. I don't know him. I can't judge him. I don't think it was a smart thing to do to a young girl," Dina tells the show.

Speaking to PEOPLE about her remarks to Access, Dina Lohan says, "It's so ridiculous, that I'm over it. … Basically, I have no comment about the letter."

Describing the circumstances that she said led up to the incident, "On the set it was 105 degrees," she tells PEOPLE. "And she has bronchial asthma – so any extreme heat or cold, she can't breathe."

On top of which, says her mom, Lindsay "was wearing winter clothes and she was telling people, 'I need water, I need water.' And they just want to get the shot, want to get the shot."

The elder Lohan said Lindsay was physically affected "after she had left (the set) and went home."

Speaking to Access, Dina said, "I'm a mother and will do what I need to do to protect my child. … She's a human being. There was one day when she was late, and they (director Garry Marshall and costar Jane Fonda) worked the schedule around her. Garry, Jane, everybody loves her."

And now, apparently, so does Robinson. "I've never had a minute's trouble with her. She's every inch a lady," the film executive told the Hollywood Reporter on Friday. "I felt I needed to remind her of her obligations to show up."

Robinson informed the Reporter that Lohan returned to work on Thursday without incident. As for why he took the step of writing the letter – which then became public after its posting on the Smoking Gun Web site – Robinson said: "I'm just trying to get the movie made. I did what I felt I needed to do on behalf of the movie and on behalf of her, too. I wanted to set some limits."

Besides, according to Robinson, "It was not a nasty letter. It was, 'Come on be a professional.' We're halfway through with six weeks to go. There's no turning back. I wrote the letter; it was from me, not some damn attorney. She showed up. That's all I cared about."

Going Robinson one better, Dina Lohan told Access of her daughter's work in Georgia Rule: "She will win an Academy Award for this picture. ... Justice!"

The letter might be unprofessional, but her behaviour is appalling. The girl clearly needs help.

bonosloveslave said:
Isn't her mom her manager?

I think so, I'm not sure

And I've also read that Lindsay smokes- if that's true it's not the best way to take care of your bronchial asthma either. If she does I'm sure she has probably done her best to try to quit, it's not easy. If she was telling them she needed water and all they cared about was the shot, well that's obviously completely unacceptable too.

I feel for her because of her issues with her father, that doesn't excuse everything she does but maybe it explains much of where she's coming from.

I believe there are photos and witnesses who saw her at the club just a few hours before checking in to the hospital. The letter was certainly written out of frustration. I found it amusing.

She's has been hospitalized before for "exhaustion" but there are some very interesting before and after photos that make me think exhaustion wasn't why she was in the hospital. :hmm:

I feel sorry for her. She is a product of family, not of her own doing. Her mother lived three blocks aways from me and is a few years older. She was always the hottie high school girl everyone wanted to look like and the boys would be :drool: over her. Her family was a little :crazy: not too much but just enough to be noticed.

When Lindsey finished the remake of the Parent Trap I was leaving my moms house and she road by all by herself on her bicycle and I said you were really great in the movie and she was the most polite sweetest little thing you could imagine. I said good luck and off she went around the block.

I think she is still a lost little girl. If you had a mom looking for fame and fortune through their daughter and a screwed up dad in jail I think you would find many ways to escape it.

I hope she's okay and matures and keeps herself out of trouble.

A production would employ a number of people, if an actor is holding up production by their behaviour it isn't just loosing money it is wasting all those other peoples time and I don't see anything wrong with cracking the whip.

people.com

Lindsay Lohan wants visit the troops in Iraq – accompanied by New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

"I've been trying to go to Iraq with Hillary Clinton for so long," Lohan, 20, tells Elle magazine in its September issue, according to the New York Post. "Hillary was trying to work it out, but it seemed too dangerous."

She continues, "I wanted to do what Marilyn Monroe did (during the Korean War), when she went and just set up a stage and did a concert for the troops all by herself. It's so amazing seeing that one woman just going somewhere, this beautiful sex kitten, who's basically a pinup, which is what I've always aspired to be."

Even without Sen. Clinton, Lohan is confident she can handle an Iraq trip on her own. "I'm not afraid of going," she says. "My security guard is going to take me to a gun range when I get back to L.A., and I'm going to start taking shooting lessons."

According to the Post, in the Elle interview Lohan says she's never had plastic surgery and doesn't use cocaine. But she does like to tell the press "things that aren't true … just because it's fun," she says.

There might be a couple of harsh and improper words in that letter. But the main reason for it is the monetary losses. I don't see a difference between the letter and Donald Trump chastising a contractor who fails to show up on a construction site.

Back
Top Bottom