Dear Lindsay - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:29 PM
Dear Lindsay

Wow, that's pretty tough- I wonder if any executives have ever said anything like that to her before. Harsh but maybe necessary, if all the stories about her behavior are true. I would have to wonder if the studio also leaked it to Smoking Gun.

Lindsay Lohan has been chastised for calling in sick to the set of her movie Georgia Rule – by the head of the company producing the film.

In a stern letter that threatens legal action against the star, James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, calls Lohan's recent absences from the set "irresponsible and unprofessional."

The letter, dated July 26 and marked for hand delivery and e-mail, was first posted on The Smoking Gun Web site. A rep for Morgan Creek confirmed the letter's authenticity to PEOPLE.

Early Wednesday morning, Lohan was briefly hospitalized for being "overheated and dehydrated," her rep, Leslie Sloane-Zelnick, told TV's The Insider.

Several sources told PEOPLE that Lohan had been at the nightclub Guy's Tuesday night prior to her hospitalization.

Lohan's rep had no comment. A source close to the actress was surprised by the letter, telling PEOPLE, "She hasn't been crazy partying. In fact, I've never seen her so together."

A publicist for Morgan Creek Productions told PEOPLE on Thursday, "Lindsay reported to the set today on time. We're hoping she remains on schedule for the rest of production."

Below is a transcript of the letter.

Dear Lindsay,

Since the commencement of principal photography of Georgia Rule, you have frequently failed to arrive on time to the set. Today, you did not show for work (all day). I am now told you don't plan to work tomorrow because you are "not feeling well." You and your representatives have told us that your various late arrivals and absences from the set have been the result of illness; today we were told it was "heat exhaustion." We are well aware that your ongoing all night heavy partying is the real reason for your so called "exhaustion." We refuse to accept bogus excuses for your behavior.

To date, your actions on Georgia Rule have been discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional. You have acted like a spoiled child and in so doing have alienated many of your co-workers and endangered the quality of this picture. Moreover, your actions have resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage. We will not tolerate these actions any further.

If you do not honor your production commitments, including your scheduled call time for tomorrow, and any call times thereafter, we will hold you personally accountable. This means that in addition to pursuing full monetary damages, we will take such other action as we deem necessary to preserve the integrity of the Georgia Rule Production as well as Morgan Creek's financial interests. I urge you to take this letter seriously and conduct yourself professionally.

Sincerely,

James G. Robinson
CEO, Morgan Creek Productions

Old 07-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #2
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:29 AM
what an unbelievably unprofessional letter. despite what lindsay lohan has or has not done. it sounds like a bitchy teenage girl wrote that. i cant get over the juvenile writing style!

Old 07-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
it sounds like a bitchy teenage girl wrote that. i cant get over the juvenile writing style!
You've never known any "executive types" who are like bitchy teenage girls? I agree, it could have been far more professional. But that's the way it is sometimes, people are unprofessional when responding to someone they are accusing of being unprofessional. Doesn't excuse it.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:29 AM
Yeah they could have certainly taken a different approach with the letter to get their point across. Seems to me that whoever wrote this letter is just as unprofessional as Lindsay is being
Old 07-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
what an unbelievably unprofessional letter. despite what lindsay lohan has or has not done. it sounds like a bitchy teenage girl wrote that. i cant get over the juvenile writing style!
that's exactly what i was thinking as i read it.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

If it had been written in a more professional tone, there is no way Lindsay would've understood the letter. Why does it matter about the "tone" of the letter? It's from a film executive not the Vatican or any highly regarded institution.

That said, she "overheats and dyhydrates" like there's no tomorrow. You'd think she was training for an ultra-marathon or something.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Why does it matter about the "tone" of the letter?
It matters, because regardless of anything else, this is a case of an employee (contract) and a manager in the company the employee is contracted to. A letter from a manager to an employee (contract or otherwise) in the company I work for, like this letter, would be in our HR offices and all hell would break loose in about 1.2 seconds after someone received it. The manager can't be referring to what he/she thinks is the cause of the lateness/no show the way this one did. She should certainly be reprimanded and put on a warning for dismissal, but this was absolutely not the proper way to word the letter.

Hopefully it does give her a kick in the ass though and get her to get her act together, but that guy may have also opened himself to some kind of lawsuit if she decides to take action about the allegations. (Let's face it, sometimes it doesn't actually matter if they are true or not.)
Old 07-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

That said, she "overheats and dyhydrates" like there's no tomorrow. You'd think she was training for an ultra-marathon or something.

Yea, this has happened before hasn't it?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

Yea, this has happened before hasn't it?

It's happened at least once before, but I feel like it's been a lot more. IMDBs news always has something about Lindsay going to the hospital for something. Perhaps she should drink a little more water rather than assorted liquors.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:44 PM   #10
Refugee

Quote:

Quote:
So true though.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #11
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

It's happened at least once before, but I feel like it's been a lot more. IMDBs news always has something about Lindsay going to the hospital for something. Perhaps she should drink a little more water rather than assorted liquors.

You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

Peter Griffin is correct
Old 07-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

^ lmao

I forgot about that episode!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:50 AM   #13
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:29 AM
^^That was funny.

And there is no way a Studio Exec CEO wrote that letter. It leaves the author wide open to LAWSUIT in the allegations,
contract or no contract.

I am also so sick of hearing Linday Lohan in the news. Please.....
Old 07-30-2006, 12:57 AM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230

I am also so sick of hearing Linday Lohan in the news. Please.....
I'm also sick of it being front page news worthy. I love my mid-east war lumped with tabloid worthy news.

But then again, that's what I get for not getting the Times.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:17 AM   #15
War Child

Just what is Ms. Lohan's talent.....????? Why do we pay attention to her....???