Dear Lindsay - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2006, 01:21 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
Just what is Ms. Lohan's talent.....????? Why do we pay attention to her....???
The answer lies in LemonMacPhisto's last post.

Old 07-30-2006, 03:35 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

If you look at the letter on TSG, he also CCed it to her mother. I don't know why he didn't just call Lindsay and ask her to his office and try to have a professional conversation with her. I think perhaps her reputation is affecting her career, yes she is only 20 but maybe it's time for her to think about that and take responsibility for it. It seems like people will always think it's the partying, and if she really was out that same night it just doesn't look good.

"Yet as the dust was still settling, Dina Lohan fumed about Robinson in an interview set to air Monday on TV's Access Hollywood: "Maybe he has personal issues with whomever, and it came out with my child. I don't know him. I can't judge him. I don't think it was a smart thing to do to a young girl," Dina tells the show.

Speaking to PEOPLE about her remarks to Access, Dina Lohan says, "It's so ridiculous, that I'm over it. … Basically, I have no comment about the letter."

Describing the circumstances that she said led up to the incident, "On the set it was 105 degrees," she tells PEOPLE. "And she has bronchial asthma – so any extreme heat or cold, she can't breathe."

On top of which, says her mom, Lindsay "was wearing winter clothes and she was telling people, 'I need water, I need water.' And they just want to get the shot, want to get the shot."

The elder Lohan said Lindsay was physically affected "after she had left (the set) and went home."

Speaking to Access, Dina said, "I'm a mother and will do what I need to do to protect my child. … She's a human being. There was one day when she was late, and they (director Garry Marshall and costar Jane Fonda) worked the schedule around her. Garry, Jane, everybody loves her."

And now, apparently, so does Robinson. "I've never had a minute's trouble with her. She's every inch a lady," the film executive told the Hollywood Reporter on Friday. "I felt I needed to remind her of her obligations to show up."

Robinson informed the Reporter that Lohan returned to work on Thursday without incident. As for why he took the step of writing the letter – which then became public after its posting on the Smoking Gun Web site – Robinson said: "I'm just trying to get the movie made. I did what I felt I needed to do on behalf of the movie and on behalf of her, too. I wanted to set some limits."

Besides, according to Robinson, "It was not a nasty letter. It was, 'Come on be a professional.' We're halfway through with six weeks to go. There's no turning back. I wrote the letter; it was from me, not some damn attorney. She showed up. That's all I cared about."

Going Robinson one better, Dina Lohan told Access of her daughter's work in Georgia Rule: "She will win an Academy Award for this picture. ... Justice!"

Old 07-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

The letter might be unprofessional, but her behaviour is appalling. The girl clearly needs help.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #19
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 04:02 PM
he sent it to her mother?!?

she's 20 years old!!
Old 07-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #20
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Isn't her mom her manager?
Old 07-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
Isn't her mom her manager?
I think so, I'm not sure

And I've also read that Lindsay smokes- if that's true it's not the best way to take care of your bronchial asthma either. If she does I'm sure she has probably done her best to try to quit, it's not easy. If she was telling them she needed water and all they cared about was the shot, well that's obviously completely unacceptable too.

I feel for her because of her issues with her father, that doesn't excuse everything she does but maybe it explains much of where she's coming from.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:02 PM
I believe there are photos and witnesses who saw her at the club just a few hours before checking in to the hospital. The letter was certainly written out of frustration. I found it amusing.

She's has been hospitalized before for "exhaustion" but there are some very interesting before and after photos that make me think exhaustion wasn't why she was in the hospital.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I feel sorry for her. She is a product of family, not of her own doing. Her mother lived three blocks aways from me and is a few years older. She was always the hottie high school girl everyone wanted to look like and the boys would be over her. Her family was a little not too much but just enough to be noticed.

When Lindsey finished the remake of the Parent Trap I was leaving my moms house and she road by all by herself on her bicycle and I said you were really great in the movie and she was the most polite sweetest little thing you could imagine. I said good luck and off she went around the block.

I think she is still a lost little girl. If you had a mom looking for fame and fortune through their daughter and a screwed up dad in jail I think you would find many ways to escape it.

I hope she's okay and matures and keeps herself out of trouble.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:45 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:02 AM
A production would employ a number of people, if an actor is holding up production by their behaviour it isn't just loosing money it is wasting all those other peoples time and I don't see anything wrong with cracking the whip.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:05 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

people.com

Lindsay Lohan wants visit the troops in Iraq – accompanied by New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

"I've been trying to go to Iraq with Hillary Clinton for so long," Lohan, 20, tells Elle magazine in its September issue, according to the New York Post. "Hillary was trying to work it out, but it seemed too dangerous."

She continues, "I wanted to do what Marilyn Monroe did (during the Korean War), when she went and just set up a stage and did a concert for the troops all by herself. It's so amazing seeing that one woman just going somewhere, this beautiful sex kitten, who's basically a pinup, which is what I've always aspired to be."

Even without Sen. Clinton, Lohan is confident she can handle an Iraq trip on her own. "I'm not afraid of going," she says. "My security guard is going to take me to a gun range when I get back to L.A., and I'm going to start taking shooting lessons."

According to the Post, in the Elle interview Lohan says she's never had plastic surgery and doesn't use cocaine. But she does like to tell the press "things that aren't true … just because it's fun," she says.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

There might be a couple of harsh and improper words in that letter. But the main reason for it is the monetary losses. I don't see a difference between the letter and Donald Trump chastising a contractor who fails to show up on a construction site.