Dear god in heaven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, around these parts the sky has turned blood red, and I think I see four creepy-looking guys riding around on horses...

ghetofabu said:
I was thinking it might be a sign of the second coming. :ohmy:

Uh, that was what I was alluding to.

Last edited:
USA USA USA!!!

1611292703.jpg

1141588021.jpg

1879818250.jpg

Parab?ns!

Hey, congrats guys! US team played really well, it was a good match. Don't know what hapenned to Portugal though, maybe they are just overrated. Like Brasil :D

Portugal had been touted as a powerhouse! i did notice that their defense *s*cked* for lack of a better word.

from the midfield on forward they played well, but the last line completely fell apart. poor goalie!
anyway....we won!!! USA!USA!USA!

i still don't understand what the heck happened with Agoos!! he is usually a very good defender that keeps his head in the game.

oh well, i am satisfied with the 3pts! On to Korea next!

I've never seen portugal play well at a tournament
and it seems they won't this time around

I have, Portugal are usually an excellent team, they just had an off-day.
If they've never played well in a major tournament, how exactly did they reach the semi-finals of Euro 2000? And in fact should've been in the final if France hadn't paid off the ref.
Portugal's defence has never been good, their strength has always been in scoring more goals than they concede, and thats what fell down yesterday. The players didnt play as a team, instead of supporting and encouraging each other, they got on each other's back, and yelled at each other.
something is rotten in the state of Portugal
Anyway, the US played solidly if not brilliantly, they saw were Portugal's weaknesses were and exploited them well, but showed their own defence is far from solid. A good result, but I dont think its time to arrange the victory parade just yet

cloudimani said:
If they've never played well in a major tournament, how exactly did they reach the semi-finals of Euro 2000?
ah yes, I forgot about that one
still I think of them as one of the greatest underachievers around

I never said they don't have a quality team
they do
that's why I often regard their results in tournaments as disappointing

A world cup can't be compared to a euro, Portugal has some very skilled players, but they has never had a good defense, lets say, team work, I knew Portugal defense was crap, but not this much, and for the USA, I have seen them play, I knew they wouldn't be an easy one, they are solid, yes, not as to think them as serious challengers to the tittle, but capable of playing efective football.

I think it was just some freaky glitch in the MATRIX.

I like going for the underdogs. I always have. It is cool that it happens to be USA. :up:

I personaly think, that is great that the USA do well this world cup, that may make bigger soccer in USA, and the footy world more complete.

*pulls gheto ear*

Last edited:
I have been looking for this thread
I knew I had posted my views about Potugal somewhere

:p :p :p

Back
Top Bottom