Deadwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
I went back 10 pages and couldn't find a topic, so I'm starting one cause goddamn if this isn't the best show on TV. I just got into it and I am blown away by the writing. It's like Shakespeare if he wrote during the gold rush. Absolutely brilliant. Al Sweargan may be the greatest television character ever.

HBO has season 2 on demand as of yesterday. Season 3 starts in June, so I got some catching up to do. Watched season 1 a couple of weeks ago. Just an incredible show.

Who's with me?

I love the show!!! I have the first season on DVD and plan on buying the second season on DVD next week!

Bono's American Wife said:
Stand by for Mr. BAW :up:

To say he loves this show is an understatement.

Standing By.

Justin- if you have HBO On Demand, you can catch season 2 there. It's free*. I think I can get all the eps in before season 3, which I hear is the last.

*with a paid monthly subscription to HBO.

So I will just have to buy it on DVD:sad: Can't wait though, cause this show is Fucking great!

I'm Seth Bullock reincarnated..law man, ladies man, fighten' man...

BAW's Jane........."cocksucker!" "pfft....sorry, fuckin' farted okay????"

Best freaking show ever; I'm in my mid-50's, I've been watching westerns since the early 50's and I gotta tell you, this is as real as it gets...I love the writing, the depictions, even the bit-players are contributory stories in and of themselves...gimp, Dan, Woo, Charlie...I confess I wasn't ready for Bill Hickok to be off'd so soon but you can't change history...how about that fight with Seth and the Injun.....? :yikes:

OK Uber, me and you throughout the season...:up:

Mr. BAW said:
I'm Seth Bullock reincarnated..law man, ladies man, fighten' man...

BAW's Jane........."cocksucker!" "pfft....sorry, fuckin' farted okay????"

Best freaking show ever; I'm in my mid-50's, I've been watching westerns since the early 50's and I gotta tell you, this is as real as it gets...I love the writing, the depictions, even the bit-players are contributory stories in and of themselves...gimp, Dan, Woo, Charlie...I confess I wasn't ready for Bill Hickok to be off'd so soon but you can't change history...how about that fight with Seth and the Injun.....? :yikes:

OK Uber, me and you throughout the season...:up:

High Five. I'm in.

When I first started the series I assumed it centered around Bill Hickok, but after ep 4, I saw that was incorrect.

I finished ep 15 tonight, that's the one when Doc Cochrance performs that kidney stone check on Al, and my God I winced. I almost had to get up and walk out, and yet Ian McShane is so good, I was laughing a bit too. Brilliant.

I believe June 11 begins the new season. I'll keep this topic going.

UberBeaver said:

High Five. I'm in.

When I first started the series I assumed it centered around Bill Hickok, but after ep 4, I saw that was incorrect.

I finished ep 15 tonight, that's the one when Doc Cochrance performs that kidney stone check on Al, and my God I winced. I almost had to get up and walk out, and yet Ian McShane is so good, I was laughing a bit too. Brilliant.

I believe June 11 begins the new season. I'll keep this topic going.
did you watch either first or second season when it first air'd??? I was on it from Night 1...I also started with the season repeats on On Demand and I've tried to keep one or two a night...

Best show contender...I do remember that episode with the kidney stone; if you haven't seen the outcome, hold on! Feels Al's pain....:yikes:

No, I never watched it until a month or so ago. I'm not a big fan of westerns in general, but for some reason I had a hankering to check out Deadwood. Maybe it was recommended to me, or I read something about it? Dunno. Anyway, whatever the reason, glad I did.

I'll find out what they do with the stone tonight.

I love this show also. However, I read that the contracts were not picked for any of the key stars and Season 3 is it. I hope this rumor is wrong.

Deadwood :up:

I got both seasons on DVD, and its started to get shown on TV again as part of the build up towards season 3.

Al Swearengen :rockon:

Deadwood is a real location; maybe the third season took its history just as far it could go..you can't take a real town and then start making up stories just to keep the hookers hookin' and the shooters shootin'.....when its done, its done...

On that note, BAW and I plan on taking a trip to South Dakota in the next year or two and Deadwood is on our list...! :up:

Real Seth Bullock

blog_deadwood_seth.gif

Real Wild Bill Hickok

T011594A.jsm

Real Calamity Jane

623eafb1-7310-4d65-91c6-f4f44dc8be23.medium

Star and Bullock Hardware

foto_starbullockstore.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
Deadwood is a real location; maybe the third season took its history just as far it could go..you can't take a real town and then start making up stories just to keep the hookers hookin' and the shooters shootin'.....when its done, its done...

On that note, BAW and I plan on taking a trip to South Dakota in the next year or two and Deadwood is on our list...! :up:

Real Seth Bullock

blog_deadwood_seth.gif

Real Calamity Jane

623eafb1-7310-4d65-91c6-f4f44dc8be23.medium

pretty good casting

i have watched
all of the episodes, too :up:

Justin24 said:
DeadWood has been cancelled supposedly!!! Help save Deadwood!!! http://savedeadwood.net/index.htm

My in-office source said that HBO pulled this "last season" stunt when they couldn't get James Gandofini to sign on for the very last Sopranos; he signed, that show is still going strong.

As it is, the main Deadwood characters' contracts expire on June 11, the very day season 3 starts...chances are good that there will be a #4...and chances are even better that I will have visited Deadwood before that!

my favourite part in season 1 was when Swearengen was holding a meeting in his saloon. i think it was in episode 5 or 6.

and hes walking out of the Belle Union saloon back to the Gem and the newspaper guy says something to him, and Al says:

"Yeah, it came to me in a vision!! You stupid bastard"

i always :lmao: at the way he says it

also in season 2 when Al does his impression of E.B. :lol:

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
Calamity Jane may be the funniest character on TV right now. She kills me.

She has taken a REALLY bad word to a whole new level!! :up: :lmao:

And I love how she just spontaneously yells a random profanity, to no one in particular, when she's walking through Deadwood.

In season 2, when Jane is passed out on her horse, and then she just sits up and yells "****suckers" at the people in the stagecoach for no reason, and then passes back out. Good stuff.

And any conversation between Sweargen and Wu is priceless.

who Wu

C----sucka

who's the C----sucka that stole the dope

C--- sucka!!!

hahahahahah

I'm also a superfan of this show! Been there since episode 1 and I can't wait to get more in about a month!

People who have never seen this show just don't believe me about how good it is... some of the best and wittiest writing I've ever seen.

Like you said, Mr. BAW, this is how the real West should be reimagined... I've grown up on Westerns too and I have to say that by far this is my favorite. You get a real sense of history and you get a real sense that these people are human... with real faults and real prejudices. Not everyone is "good" or "bad"... in fact, they're all a little bit of both.

And "c---sucker" has become my new favorite word from watching this show!

If you go into the "Episode Guide" area of the HBO website: http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/episode/season1/episode01.shtml you can click on the "Best Lines" section and read some of the most hilarious stuff written! :lol:

Examples:

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

Al Swearengen to Bullock and Star: "Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: go f**k yourself."

Al Swearengen: "I want to know who cut the cheese. "

If we keep this thread going... I'll be here for it! :up: Deadwood :up:

i know it is a different show

but, it looks like there will be a new season of "The Wire"
and it is a wicked good show, too.

Back
Top Bottom