Deadwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just bought both seasons at Best Buy for a total of $80!!!

Apparently both were marked down to "sale" prices and then it took another $30 off at the register because I bought both seasons together!

So I'll be enjoying me some Deadwood goodness for a looooong time :) I'm really looking forward to it! Catching the odd episode here and there on HBO isn't doing it for me anymore...

I'm typically not so good in translation but I'll try; most of the cast has returned but mysteriously Woo was gone (no explanation but he was mentioned several times)...Public elections are coming! In an attempt to figure out where Seth Bullock is as far as how he enforces law, George Hearst immediately flexed his muscles by setting up a killing in Swearingen's Gem...

Swearing tips off Bullock as to what he thinks Hearst is up to and advises him to use cautioun during a one on one requested by the rich man. During that discussion, Hearst lets it slip that he knows of Bullocks affair with Alma Garrett resulting in child leading to her marriage to Ellsworth..as Bullock leaves the hotel (which as you remember that Hearst now owns as he bought it last season from E.B. Farnum) the Sheriff sees Farnum behind the counter and immediately whails on his ass beating him severely until he is stopped by Swearingen...

Hearst witnesses the beating and the sight of Bullock being told to stop by Swearingen leads Hearst to know that Seth is in Swearingen's pocket.

Mrs. Bullock is now teaching the school and one of her loiterers is Jane, still funny and drunk. There's a new innkeeper named Shaunessey...kinda strange set-up as it seems he's charging day rates to the locals but I;m not sure who he's aligned with...

Alma Garrett, pregnant with Bullock's child, passes out and is discovered by Ellsworth; all seems fine according to the doc but who knows...what is known is that Alma is bossing Ellsworth around like a little boy and he doesn't seem to appreciate it...he moved furniture around, walks Sophia to school...

At the end of last season, you'll recall that Sy Tolliver was knifed by Andy (the new preacher)...Sy is still on his death bed, still leaking blood from his wounds and oddly enough being attended to by
Joanie Stubbs; seems that since her whore house is no longer running, that she's back and forth to the Bella Union and running the girls...

Lastly, it appears that Hearst is one again setting up his goons to make another killing but its up in the air as to the new target...

Where is Woo????? :shrug:

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:

1. Lastly, it appears that Hearst is one again setting up his goons to make another killing but its up in the air as to the new target...

2. Where is Woo????? :shrug:

1. Swearing, he challenged Hearst' power.

2. Homeland Security got him. His papers were not in order.

I watched the episode again this evening... great, great stuff.

Yeah, where the heck WAS Woo? :eyebrow: "Out of town", Al... I don't buy it...

And I'm loving the whole Seth/Al dynamic... seems they're becoming more comfortable with each other as the two smartest (and most powerful) men in the camp. Using each other as allies rather than beating the crap out of each other.

Speaking of which, how about EB after Seth got to him? And was it really EB that told Hearst about Seth and Alma?

Perhaps I should watch it again... I don't think I can wait a week between episodes this season! Too much going on... :hyper:

hippy said:

Speaking of which, how about EB after Seth got to him? And was it really EB that told Hearst about Seth and Alma?

EB did not tell

Hearst is very smart and intuitive
he picked up on the Seth / Alma thing in his conversation with Seth
he then exploited it to manipulate Seth.

Hearst was sizing everyone up to see how he could pull the strings

Swearing realized it
and ain't having any of it.

Hearst vs Swearingen should be an excellent battle. But I think Hearst will end up winning somehow. He has more money and power, and though I didn't research it, he was a historical figure, grandfather (?) of William Randolph Hearst, no?

Last season when Hearst arrived in town, EB was spilling his guts to him about everyone in town...this was before Hearst bought the hotel for $100K....

I think that's when EB told him about who was who and when Bullock and the widow-lady came up....

And how about that Joanie Stubbs telling that whore she wanted her so clean that "even I'd fuck you!" I'm really start to think about her...uh..in a nice way...:wink:

I've been waiting for someone, who understood what just happened, to explain, what the fuck just happened....?

Am I correct to assume that the doc aborted Ms. Alma and Seth's unborn child? and I to believe that Mr. Hearst had demonstrated his total power and control over Deadwood; Sy Tolliver knows that Swearingen is hurt and that he came from the Grand Central Hotel...

What about Ms. Jane giving the teaching lesson of the day....WTF just happened and where are we going???????? :shrug:

I think that yes, Doc Cochrane aborted the baby.

I also Hearst declared war on Swearengen, but he may have gone too far. I expect the captain to be dead soon, but Andy and/or Dan may go down with him. I think eventually Swearengen will have no choice but to lose to Hearst, but he's gonna wreak havoc on his way down. I expect Bullock to help him out in some way.

I can't believe Jane got through the whole thing without cursing. That was great.

Cy is weak, both physically and I believe in terms of power. I think he'll align himself with either Hearst, which would be smart in the long term, or Swearengen - maybe some type of attempt to run out Hearst?

I love this freakin show.

UberBeaver said:

I love this freakin show.

Amen to that!

I'm still thinking over the episode. I can't quite figure out what Cy is up to... and whether he's going to murder somebody (Joanie?) soon.

I was especially intrigued by Alma's keeping Seth as the guardian of Sophia and the property, even after marrying Ellsworth. I feel sorry for Ellsworth in all of this... he's being used as a pawn by everyone to get what they want.

And how hilarious and insane does E.B. get each week?

And this week especially, I simply marvelled at the language of the show. On the dvds, David Milch gives an interview and explains that language is really the only form of social hierarchy these characters have. The way they speak, in absence of government, has to mirror their social position. To that end, the interchanges between Hearst and Al are something else... whew.

this show is great. :yes:

I can't believe I'm just now finding this thread.
Mr GG and I totally love this series (basically because we are enchanted with the Black Hills and over the last 7 yrs or so have been out there many times and have learned so much about Deadwood and the other mining towns)

We watch the episode, then when we watch it a second time (because sometimes you just have to in order to know wtf went on) we drink everytime someone says c***sucker.

When the series first came out, the web site kept both a "dead" count and a curseword count :lmao: It seems that we were not the only ones to come up with the drinking game.

and Mr BAW, anything you want to know about the Blackhills or SD......I'm your girl :yes:

OMG I just got HBO again and watched a couple episodes of this show and as much as I like it the cussing is a bit much. :ohmy: I doubt folks talked quite like that in that time period.

Carek1230 said:
OMG I just got HBO again and watched a couple episodes of this show and as much as I like it the cussing is a bit much. :ohmy: I doubt folks talked quite like that in that time period.

On the contrary, I think they did! :) Remember... this is the scum of the earth that has gathered in these mining/prospecting towns. Deadwood was outside of the United States and, of course, there was therefore no law. So all kinds of convicts and criminals gathered to strike it rich. And, as David Milch (the creator of the show), says in one of his interviews... people's only resource for establishing their social position was their language.

hippy said:

On the contrary, I think they did! :) Remember... this is the scum of the earth that has gathered in these mining/prospecting towns. Deadwood was outside of the United States and, of course, there was therefore no law. So all kinds of convicts and criminals gathered to strike it rich. And, as David Milch (the creator of the show), says in one of his interviews... people's only resource for establishing their social position was their language.

Great response...:up:

"And Mr BAW, anything you want to know about the Blackhills or SD......I'm your girl..."

How can I pass that up; when the BAW's hit them thar hills you will be the first we call...we can do a BAW-ville in Deadwood..:wink:

I'm so there, dude!
:giggle: I'm ready and waiting in the car!

Yes, Hippy, Wild Bill, Jane, and Bullock are all therel
Bill and Jane are close to each other, but you have to go all the way to the top of the hill to see Bullocks. Its kind of creepy going up there, because there is nothing else, but it is a nice big plot with a little bench to sit (or have a snack :lol: )

Wow, cant believe I missed this thread. This is my absolute favorite show!

I think UberBeaver summed up what is going on pretty well. Cant wait to see what happens tonight! :up:

Back
Top Bottom