Dead Man Attends Stones Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/inside_track/track01162003.htm

Stones fan would Not Fade Away without a final concert

by Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Thursday, January 16, 2003

There are die-hard fans and there are die-hard fans. Then, there's the guy whose ashes wound up on stage with Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones at the FleetCenter Sunday night. Let's just say Will McDonough wasn't the only one who had a big send-off on Causeway Street this week!

From the Truth-Is-Stranger-Than-Fiction File, get this: A woman shows up at the arena for the Stones show Sunday night. She's carrying a Baggie. Turns out that in the Baggie is not what you usually bring to a Stones concert in a Baggie. It's the remains of her late hubby. A HUGE Stones fan.

Seems her dearly departed bought the tickets for the show, then shed this mortal coil. So his grieving widow brought him to the concert to fulfill his dying wish - to see Mick & Co. one last time. And just so it wouldn't be all his Love In Vain she wanted her hubby to have a really good seat.

``She went up to the runway stage and asked one of the security guards if she could dump her husband's ashes there,'' said FleetCenter spokesguy Jim Delaney. ``The security staff told her that that probably wouldn't be the most appropriate thing to do.''

Which kind of put the grieving widow between a Rock And A Hard Place. So she took matters into her own hands.

``About 10 minutes later, there she was tossing the ashes onto the runway,'' Delaney said.

Well, the staff didn't know what to do. Should they vacuum up the late, lamented Stones fan? Sweep him back into a Baggie? Or just let him, er, live out his dying wish?

Well, before the debate concluded, Mick, Keith, Ron, Charlie et. al. jumped onstage and the discussion became moot. Because Mick was Dancing With Mr. D-parted!

Delaney said the Stones weren't aware Mick was dancing on his biggest fan's grave until after the show. Which is probably just as well because if Keith saw all that powder, he may have snorted it!

A spokesgal for the band would only say, ``That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.'' Hmm. Not been with the Stones long???

Anyway, Delaney said no one got the woman's name but she didn't seem the least bit unhinged.

``She knew what she wanted,'' he said, ``She wanted him to have the best seat in the house.''

Well then, we think it's safe to say that somewhere, up there, her hubby has gotten some posthumous Satisfaction.

[color=royal blue]Whoa that's...weird. Interesting.

I hope Keith didn't smoke the guy's ashes :huh:
[/color]

Is that the same Will McDonough that was the sportscaster? Must be as he recently passed........

That story is sick and gross

People are really stupid.....:|

MonaVox said:
[color=royal blue]
[/color]

:eeklaugh: :lmao:

I also wonder if they did "Start Me Up"-you know that line about "dead man" :silent:

Yes, that is the sportscaster :( they had his wake at the Fleet Center

MrsSpringsteen said:

:eeklaugh: :lmao:

I also wonder if they did "Start Me Up"-you know that line about "dead man" :silent:

Yes, that is the sportscaster :( they had his wake at the Fleet Center

:lol: NO GUYS. REALLY. START ME UP.

MonaVox said:
[color=royal blue]Whoa that's...weird. Interesting.

[/color]

I smoked somebody's ashes once by mistake. Many years ago I was taking part in a Native American pipe ritual--passing the pipe with tobacco, taking a hit and sending out a prayer (ok, this was my new age hippie native american phase :huh:) -- and unbeknownst to the group until later, one of the people, an 80 year old woman whose husband Earle had recently died, slipped some of his ashes into the pipe. I smoked 'ol Earle. :crazy:

joyfulgirl said:

I smoked somebody's ashes once by mistake. Many years ago I was taking part in a Native American pipe ritual--passing the pipe with tobacco, taking a hit and sending out a prayer (ok, this was my new age hippie native american phase :huh:) -- and unbeknownst to the group until later, one of the people, an 80 year old woman whose husband Earle had recently died, slipped some of his ashes into the pipe. I smoked 'ol Earle. :crazy:

This also is sick and gross.......:|

I don't see anything sick and gross about any of it. Kind of weird that the old woman slipped ashes in the pipe but what the hell. Some people celebrate death and have fun with the ashes, y'know? I like the spirit of it. I'm not into morbidity around death. But maybe that's because I've been around it a lot and have seen how big the spirit can be when the body is crumbling.

MonaVox said:

I think joyfulgirl is actually one of the Dixie Chicks in disguise :shifty:

I don't know what this means but I'm going to go with it being good. :wink:

joyfulgirl said:

I don't know what this means but I'm going to go with it being good. :wink:

:lol: [color=royal blue]O sorry! You said that you smoked Earl...and "Goodbye Earl" is a Dixie Chicks song about getting revenge on an abusive husband and killing him.... so smoking Earl would be like...Dixie Chicks gone wrong :| :tongue: :D[/color]

joyfulgirl said:

heeeheeheheeeheee
I got the giggles at the computer lab and now everyone's staring :shifty:

MonaVox said:

:lol: [color=royal blue]O sorry! You said that you smoked Earl...and "Goodbye Earl" is a Dixie Chicks song about getting revenge on an abusive husband and killing him.... so smoking Earl would be like...Dixie Chicks gone wrong :| :tongue: :D[/color]

Oh, ok! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom