Dead Like Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
On Showtime is my new favorite show.

Anyone see it?

There is just something about this show that gets you right there....

-Georgia "George" Lass (ELLEN MUTH) is a young college drop-out who has no job skills and seems unable to take an interest in anything, including her own life. She cultivates an air of cynicism that infuriates her mother, baffles her father, and isolates her younger sister. George is about to get a wake-up call.

With her mother Joy (CYNTHIA STEVENSON) insisting that she get a job, George applies to a temp agency that sends her out as a file clerk. Her lunch break - and her life - are cut short when a toilet seat from the MIR space station drives her into the pavement. George does not realize that she is dead until Rube (MANDY PATINKIN), the kindly leader of a team of grim reapers, points out her remains. Rube takes George under his wing and introduces her to the other members of his undead group: Mason (CALLUM BLUE), Roxy (JASMINE GUY) and Betty (REBECCA GAYHEART).

The members of Rube's team of reapers are all, like George, people who died with unresolved issues. They still have lessons to learn that - for one reason or another - they failed to learn in life. They move about the Pacific Northwest in the full light of day. They walk the city streets and eat at all-night diners, just like anyone else. They have to find somewhere to live, cook, eat and do their laundry. They look just like everyone else but as grim reapers they appear physically different to the living than they did when they were alive.

What George experiences beyond death is the focus of this darkly comedic series. It takes a slightly twisted look at life and at one possible version of life after life. What if death is not the end? What if it is not even an escape from the issues that plagued us? What if it is not a way to avoid accountability, but an opportunity to accept responsibility? What if it is a wake-up call?

web page here

Ironic how the noxema girl tries to revive her career by playing a recurring role as a member of the undead.

:up:

Last edited:
wake up and smell the jonquils

I know where the Pacific Northwest is...:yes:
The singer/guitarist that supported TOFOG ( Russell Crowe's band) is a fiercely proud North Carolinan. He gave us quite a lengthy lesson on the names American regions("down east") . I don't think he amused anyone near as much as himself:lmao:

I was kinda hoping a toilet seat from the MIR might appear and get him a beauty.....

"Television...drug of a nation"
But isn't it danged funny at times:up:

pictures for the flavor of the production

about_pic.jpg

reggie_char_pic.jpg

119379_big_pic4.jpg

119379_big_pic2.jpg

119380_big_pic1.jpg

119383_big_pic2.jpg

119382_big_pic1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom