Dead Can Dance........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Anybody else into this band???? if not then you should be- they are absolutley amazing, if you like stuff that is kinda Enigma/Enya/Clannad with a medi-evil/ambient tiwst then they are for you- the two core members of the band are Australian and have been working together for years, if any of you remember the haunting music from the movie 'The Insider' they were ones who did that- I recommend any of you who like worldy kind of music that has breathtaking vocals and haunting sounds to try some of their music try any of these songs,

The host of seraphim ( there was alos a trance version done of this, that is very common)

American dreaming

Black the sun

Cantara

Rakim
smile.gif

chillout type music?

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth" - One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

oh baby...

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth" - One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Wow, i just recommended them to you in the recommend you music thread. Guess it was a waste.

Rakim, Song of the Disposessed, Sanvean, and most of Aion are my favourites.

Originally posted by bono_man:
oh baby...

Hey Bono_man.. have you heard Air and Zero 7 and Mandalay? chilling to the max
wink.gif
I'm really into chillout music these days. Oh, and get Dusted's album at all costs!
Not sure I'd totally call Dead Can Dance chillout, but very sweet.

Alright that's enough digression for me.

Thanks heaps Skeek- we must be ont eh same wave length today DCD are very good and you have just reminded me again of Mandalay- they are great and very chilled- hey if you can think of any other artists that are in the DCD and Mandalay kind of vibe then please fire away with names- I looooove this kind of music so much
smile.gif

Morcheeba, Portishead, Delerium, DCD, Air, Zero 7, Groove Armada, Massive Attack (sort of), Enigma, Lamb, a lot of Moby, Portishead, Dusted (i love this cd so much you don't understand), BT, some Faithless stuff, Everything But The Girl

Yes, we should indeed stand proudly for our excellent good taste. I have to run off to bed.

But check out some old Vangelis stuff too.. tres cool

Originally posted by SkeeK:

Hey Bono_man.. have you heard Air and Zero 7 and Mandalay? chilling to the max
wink.gif
I'm really into chillout music these days. Oh, and get Dusted's album at all costs!
Not sure I'd totally call Dead Can Dance chillout, but very sweet.

Alright that's enough digression for me.

Thanks heaps! I have listen to Air and I love them. I will try out the others for sure.

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

I went through a Dead Can Dance phase a few years back. I took a break from them and only recently pulled out Toward the Within and the live album, Into the Labyrinth and gave them another listen. I still like their music alot for the most part but there are moments when it gets a little too new agey for me. Most of the time, I enjoy the pieces that are more Brendan Perry than Lisa Gerard. I didnt know they were aussies. That kinda tripped me out.

Back
Top Bottom