De-Lovely

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Go see this movie, especially if you like a well-crafted song. Cole Porter was a master songwriter and this movie uses his music to tell his story in a unique and intelligent way. Kevin Kline is wonderful as always, and Ashley Judd is great.

Only two caveats:

1. Don't see it in a room full of old farts. They have to explain the movie to each other in LOUD voices, and they don't deal well with Cole Porter's love for men.

2. Don't judge the phenomenal song "Begin the Beguine" by the hideous Sheryl Crow warbling. The woman cannot carry a tune, although she's apparently been told she can. :rolleyes:

Other than these two issues, this movie is wonderful!! :up: :up:

We saw it yesterday in Rancho Mirage...your right about the old farts, yours truly excluded...we got there late and when the lights came on, Char and I were the youngest in the house!!!

Secondly, great music and acting...wonderful costumes...its been a long-time since I've enjoyed a musical like I did this one!!

I give it 5 thumbs :up:

martha said:

1. Don't see it in a room full of old farts. They have to explain the movie to each other in LOUD voices, and they don't deal well with Cole Porter's love for men.

:lmao:

The first scene where CP's "orientation" became clear (in the woods), an elderly man a few seats away said really loudly "OH GOD!" :laugh: Yep...most of the elderly women seemed to love the movie and were teary eyed at the end...the men seemed a bit grumpy. We also heard A LOT of wives explaining things to their hard of hearing companions.

But yes, it was a great movie! I loved the music and the costumes and KK and AJ were wonderful! It was funny seeing Elvis Costello so animated...I thought Robbie Williams did a really good job too. I thought some of Alanis' enunciations were a little weird for the song she did but she was pretty good too.

:wink: Hmm-seems interesting indeed! And of course, i love Kevin Kline! And Ashley!! I'm looking forward to seeing this one! Too bad, it doesn't feature U2's version of 'Night&Day"! Bono coul have had a camio!! hee-!:wink:

Hopefully I'll see it this weekend. I have been excited about this movie for so long, any movie with Elvis Costello, Robbie Williams and Alanis Morissette has got my vote. The soundtrack is so great, though I agree about Sheryl Crow, she's trying just a little too hard on that song. Mick Hucknell is sensational and Diana Krall is fantastic.

I finally saw it and liked it, the set up of the movie was very different from what I was expecting. Elvis, Diana and Mick were fabulous and I completely :heart: Robbie Williams so much. Why isn't he a bigger star?

ashley judd (doozer)

dsmith2904 said:
:heart: Robbie Williams so much. Why isn't he a bigger star?

He is...just not here in the States.

I saw it tonight...I actually liked Cheryl Crow, as well as Elvis and Alanis (and especially ROBBIE).

He (Cole Proter) was a rockstar long before there were rockstars! Thankfully, there were only three in the theater tonight, and the only annoying thing that third person do was snap his fingers to the songs. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom