DB9-Simply INCORRIGABLE? Please VOTE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DB9-An Incorrigable BASTARD or NOT?

• The guy is hopeless, pathetic..beyond redemption:mad:

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Diamond- Please go away. Not mad or sad..Just go away PULEEZ!

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I think DB9 toys with us..makes us think sometimes. Im ok with this -just barely;)

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Im ok w DB9 and look forward to what is up his sleeve:)

Votes: 31 39.2%

• Total voters
Sicy said:
People seem to forget that I've met him in real life and he is exactly the same.
Not according to most of the others.
They are mainly guys a few girls.:)
Sorry.

It was becuz you spurned my charm and kicked me to the curb.
I was flustered that day.
I was aggravated getting ignored by my dream-girl.:mad:
Thank you for posing w me in ALL those pics:yes: and helping me spell the words on my signs correctly:)
Out-

DB9:|

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:

Thank you.

curehp- just because someone acts differently in their online persona doesn't mean they have a right to insult someone.

and this sexies term :barf:

*wonders why she's even responding!! :shrug:

Like I said, some people need to take things a bit less seriously around here. :cool:

curehp said:

Like I said, some people need to take things a bit less seriously around here. :cool:

too bad u have no clue what diamond and i were talking about. so thanks.

*edit: And you know what I dont want it brought up- wayyy over. but, my point is you dont know the entire story. :cool:

Last edited:
Under much duress i have voted in this poll.. i went for the "Diamond toys with us, makes us think. I'm ok with this barely" option.

Happy now? :p

I vote diamond is okay by me! If Bono were here, he would vote Diamond! :yes:

hmm, I was confused to as to what you were saying DB with those big words you use. :confused: :scratch: Had to pull out the dictionary even an i'm still :confused: by your dimonvocab. It's actually incorrigible instead of incorrigable. You're great an i look fwd to what you say. :shrug: i hope thhats the way i'm seeing you're post.

Main Entry: in?cor?ri?gi?ble
Pronunciation: (")in-'kor-&-j&-b&l, -'k?r-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin incorrigibilis, from Latin in- + corrigere to correct -- more at CORRECT
Date: 14th century
: incapable of being corrected or amended: as a (1) : not reformable : DEPRAVED (2) : DELINQUENT b : not manageable : UNRULY c : UNALTERABLE, INVETERATE
- in?cor?ri?gi?bil?i?ty /-"kor-&-j&-'bi-l&-tE, -"k?r-/ noun
- incorrigible noun
- in?cor?ri?gi?ble?ness /-'kor-&-j&-b&l-n&s, -'k?r-/ noun
- in?cor?ri?gi?bly /-blE/ adverb

why is this thread still here?

oh well...
*drinks orange crush*

Bass-
Perhaps the answer to your question may b found in the responses if you care to read the entire thread.?;):)
My only suggestion is that you read it w an open mind:)
Peace
Out-
DB9

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I have a question for Diamond: why is it so important what we think of you? We (ok, i) don't know you well enough to make any serious assesments of your character.

I picked the last option when voting.
U2 Girl and for others that are curious-
The answer is this-
This thread WAS NOT about me.
Most automatically assumed it was and that is ok for the purpose/idea that I was trying to establish here:)

I posted this to get us to think how we treat eachother online here in the forums, believe it or not..true story:)

Ive been guilty of bashing a few people in the past and I do apologize for that:idea: I will take responsibility/ownership for my shortcomings:idea:

What Ive found in meeting most ppl in person here is THAT THEY ARE NOT the same offline as in real life:idea:

Also the rumors/innuendo/slander that is perpeuated in the forums poisons the truth of who somebody is in real life:idea:
Most ppl that have met me in real life..most but not all..and you know what, that is STILL ok.:)
Nobody bats a 1000 percent.:)

Lastly -occassionally the band peeks in here..if they are checking up on us..oh well.;)
Peace
Diamond
:idea:

Well, a certain someone asked me to respond to this thread, and so I will.

DB9 is, for all intensive purposes, one of the most difficult people I've ever read here. He could easily be passed off as a troll in his first incarnation here, but his posts in FYM later on kind of debunked that theory.

When I found out he was a car salesman, I kind of chuckled, because, in a similar way, I think he's using that archetypical seedy salesman personality on us. Behind all the masks, there is someone who has some uniquely profound ideas, but is reluctant to fully be that profound individual. By using this silly persona, he gets to avoid rejection: those who take him seriously will be able to pick out his profound ideas and those who laugh...well...they were supposed to!

This 40-going-on-18 belief I think is likely accented mostly on Interference here. I don't think we'll really understand it until most of us are actually 40. You really are as old as you feel, and most of us 20-ish people here think that being 40 means settled-down, wise, hard-working...err...boring. It is really no different than when we were 10 and thought that being 21 meant being settled-down, wise, hard-working...lol. I think you get my point.

So those are my current thoughts.

Melon

huh?

Well, I swore I would not post in this thread again, but since I am confused and a fool ;)..

Diamond, I seriously do not get this. You put on some sort of 'persona' that frankly, and I apologize, but I have to be honest here, comes across as egotistical, chauvinistic (and yes, this part really offends me), and self-serving.

Then you complain and call people 'mean' if they take jabs at you as a result. So if you insist upon adopting this persona, I think you should be prepared to suffer the consequences, so to speak.

I don't really know what to think, considering what I read here about who you 'really are'-there are conflicting stories, that's for sure. And honestly I can't spend too much time worrying about it..

Yes, perhaps most people aren't the same 'in real life' as they are online, but honestly I don't think most people put forth as much of an effort as you seem to do in cultivating an online persona. So if you're really that concerned about this, maybe you should be more of your 'real self' on here and see how people react..:idea:

diamond said:
Gina the pic in my avatar represnts my inner child.;)

must...keep...mouth...closed...

must... not ...type... thoughts....

Im glad this thread is working...
Im glad it survived..

Peace-

DB9:cool:

Last edited:
melon said:
When I found out he was a car salesman, I kind of chuckled, because, in a similar way, I think he's using that archetypical seedy salesman personality on us.

I chuckled as well, also because his photos carrying Bono around reminded me of Puddy from Seinfeld, also a car salesman.

warburton.jpg

And for what it's worth, this is another one of those instances where I agree with Melon.

~U2Alabama

Re: huh?

Gina Marie said:
Well, I swore I would not post in this thread again, but since I am confused and a fool ;)..

Diamond, I seriously do not get this. You put on some sort of 'persona' that frankly, and I apologize, but I have to be honest here, comes across as egotistical, chauvinistic (and yes, this part really offends me), and self-serving.

I can understand this at a first glance on the surface.:yes:
The whole 'sexy' term usage was memimicking "Morris Day" in the movie Purple Rain..I did a thread for ppl who didnt understand.

Ppl like U2ME3 Like O2 Crazy For Bono understood it..
for the ppl that didnt..I apologize if it was offensive:)

And honestly I can't spend too much time worrying about it..

Umm well I can understand that.
If you had more interst you would read mt fYM posts and stuff, but thats ok:) Im ok w not being able to bat 1000 percent:)

Yes, perhaps most people aren't the same 'in real life' as they are online, but honestly I don't think most people put forth as much of an effort as you seem to do in cultivating an online persona. So if you're really that concerned about this, maybe you should be more of your 'real self' on here and see how people react..:idea:

Good suggesion:)
Thanks for helping learn to use smiles Gina Marie

Dave
:)

Last edited:
I really hate to bump this thread..so these are my last comments Diamond. Perhaps you could think about them..And perhaps you should just think about this thread and stop bumping it..forgive me, just an idea..but I guess you feel the need to answer everyone who posts their replies..

I am not just talking about your 'sexy' comments..I'll have to be honest and say that it is also about your NUMEROUS threads and posts re. your 'love life', etc. I'm sorry if this offends you, but I do not care to hear about this. This is something that should be PRIVATE. For example, you commented in a thread about Dave Matthews that a woman you occasionally ___ and yes, those were your EXACT words(and we know what the censored word was) gave you a DM cd. The chauvinism displayed by you is not confined to your use of the word 'sexies' imo. Perhaps you could think about the way you address/talk to some females in this forum as well, and what you choose to share here. I really think that is one part of your 'persona' (if that's what it is) you should leave behind-like you always bring up,what would :bono: think of it?

Yes, I have read some of your FYM posts-I don't care to be bull dozed in that forum, so that's why I don't post there often. So I guess you're saying that forum is the exclusive place where the 'real Dave' emerges :huh:

Gina-
ok.
Note taken:)
This part of my persona Iam working on..:idea:
Sheesh...Im a work in progress by golly.......
I was drunk that night..but still that is no excuse.:mad:

Bono knows Iam single, and not a saint.. an occassional male pig yes, I confess- I will own up to that fact.:idea:
Some girls are ok w it..some are not..
I never force my agenda on them.
I Confess to being-
-a major flirt
-an outgoing personality
-a hopeless romantic.
Iam not a user of women or out to sew wild oats.
I care about women's feelings first and foremost:)
Sorry.
In the future-
I will attempt to heed your advice a bit more:)
If I slip up plez dont read those posts.
And in the end if I still make you queasy thats ok, Im not trying to bat a 1000.:idea:

DB9

Last edited:
Well, intentional or not, Diamond has a good point about on-line personas. You come here and read what people post, you see someone 's name often enough and read their stuff and eventually you get a mental image of what this person is like...and you can't be sure if there's any accuracy to it at all.
I would like to think that in most cases, its a fairly accurate generalization of that person's true self, but obviously in some cases people come here and deliberately create a sort of alter-ego.
Anyway...I think Gina brought up some good points in this specific case, that one has to be careful of what they say because you can offend people. Also you have to remember that as an open forum, there are members of all ages and walks of life, so while the majority may get a laugh out of some things, others may take what's said differently.

lol.....

Yeah right "ballot" stuffers win all (packin to win...roflmao)...just kidding I'm not in a position to slam you diamond...I wouldn't judge a person for their personality traits unless I knew them......and DB....one of these days I'll share the "squeeze" with ya' and bring him into Scottsdale for a karioke set...we used to go there a lot, not much latley...for now FT Hills is close by and it's kind of fun since the local drama theatre group is usually there....singing U2 (With Or Without you) is how he got my attention and a first date...lol if you hear a great rendition of "Frozen" by Madonna turn around it might be me..lmao

...in regards to Hewson (Paul ?...j/k)

"" I would like to think that in most cases (the online personality is) a fairly accurate generalization of that person's true self, but obviously in some cases people come here and deliberately create a sort of alter-ego.""

...I totally agree and for the most part...the people that I have "talked" to on line weren't misrepresenting their personalities but occassionally you see people "bend the truth" about their relationships...that alone is pretty SAD...makes it look like they are void of a conscience in the long run... I'm not like that...besides, I am a Leo...I don't need to misrepresent myself..I know I'm kinda cute but I really only care that Marc thinks so and like to type almost as much as I like a great conversation...lol...even my boyfriend (love) Marc would tell you I am a happy person...a kid at heart
:sexywink: :sexywink:

Ms. Rulz
Love both songs.
Glad he delivered for you:)
Glad he is still delivering:)

LeoSchmeo ?
Who is Leo?
Im a tiger..hear me roar;)

When you and Mark are ready give me a shout.:)

Sincerely-
Dave
:cool:

Online personas?

Well considering i haven't met any Interferencers, i trust them that their online behaviour is an accurate image of their real self. (though i suppose for a few people here i could swear they're doing the persona thing)
And (in my case anyway) i guess there's some character trademarks that come up more prominently, some come up less prominently, and there's even this new character trait that surprised me and i never knew i had it in me.

Having said that, up to a point i think everyone wears a kind of mask, even in real life - because we all want to be at our best when around others.

So Diamond, how come you didn't just post a general inquiry about personas - the way you did this you have to admit it must appear to an observer like it was about you.

U2Girl-
One word-
Judgementalism.

Now please read John 15:17:)

That's why:idea:
DB9
:idea:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom