daylight saving time - US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: reply

lmjhitman said:

and gibson girl: DOUBLE daylight saving time?!?! :yikes:

Yes, what a silly idea. I wasn't around when they implemented it, thank goodness, but at least they realised it was idiotic and stopped it. :wink:

Apparently, it was like the sun never set at all. Newfoundland's disadvantaged as it is by being half an hour ahead of Atlantic time...so to push time forward two hours was just plain stupid!

doctorwho said:
Other than losing an hour of sleep in April, how can you possibly hate it?
daylight saving time messes up my internal sleep clock. my body never really catches up from the lost hour (even if i sleep in the entire summer) and i'm always tired. i could go into this long theory but i won't bore everyone.

i don't understand the big fascination with it staying light outside later. is everyone afraid of the dark or something? :eyebrow:

doctorwho said:

I think we should have Daylight Savings year round. I don't like it getting dark at 4:30 p.m in December! :madspit:

Same here.

It's dark when I go to work, dark when I get home - feels like I don't get sunlight for 3-4 months of the year at least.

farmers are why we don't have daylight savings in this state

I don't understand why they can't just get up an hour earlier... or later.. or whatever if they're so concerned about their animals having to adjust.

Next year I'll be in a state that does have daylight savings and I'll be really confused. I don't think I'll ever really get the hang of it.

jesseu2 said:
us Arizonans don't have to change our clocks at all :D

I wish my family had known that when we moved here 11 years ago. I remember my parents being an hour late to work and my sister and I were an hour late to school. We definitely learned our lesson after that incident. :wink:

Edited for spelling. :huh:

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:

daylight saving time messes up my internal sleep clock. my body never really catches up from the lost hour (even if i sleep in the entire summer) and i'm always tired. i could go into this long theory but i won't bore everyone.

i don't understand the big fascination with it staying light outside later. is everyone afraid of the dark or something? :eyebrow:

You simply can't do as much. You can't mow the lawn in the dark. You can't run outside without making sure you have reflective crap on. Kids can't play outside as much. And it is just depressing to leave work in the winter and already have it pitch dark.

I would really think your internal clock could deal with a one hour difference after a few days of changing when you wake up.

bsp77 said:
And it is just depressing to leave work in the winter and already have it pitch dark.

I would really think your internal clock could deal with a one hour difference after a few days of changing when you wake up.
i don't think it's depressing, i kinda like it. plus, in the morning it's already bright outside. i wake up at 6 am and it was nice in the winter to have the sun already rising. i think it's more depressing to have it be dark in the morning than it be dark on my way home from work.

i dunno, my body doesn't seem to like it. i realized it's only been since i moved here. i used to leave in the eastern time zone and now i live in central. i wonder if my body doesn't like the two hours difference (eastern standard versus central saving)? if so, it's another excuse for me to move back to the east coast :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i dunno, my body doesn't seem to like it. i realized it's only been since i moved here. i used to leave in the eastern time zone and now i live in central. i wonder if my body doesn't like the two hours difference (eastern standard versus central saving)? if so, it's another excuse for me to move back to the east coast :hmm:

I used to live in Eastern and I like Central so much better because of TV. Everything comes on so late with Eastern. Letterman at 11:35? No way.

bsp77 said:
I used to live in Eastern and I like Central so much better because of TV. Everything comes on so late with Eastern. Letterman at 11:35? No way.
yeah that made me happy when we moved here. although now with tivo, it doesn't matter when crap comes on anymore.

Back
Top Bottom