daylight saving time!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah...I'm from Laporte County :rockon: Northwest Indiana! The cause of the rest of the states problems :dance:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Sleeeeeeep :drool:

debbie-downer.jpg

:angry:
you win :laugh:

I turned back my clocks last night and the only good thing was an extra hour of sleep. Other then that I hate DST! Depressing to see it darker earlier :madspit:

How much longer till we spring forward again? :drool:

Kristie said:

you must be in Indiana with me :sigh:

I did the daylight savings time last year for the first time while I was living in CT, and I'll tell you what, I'm NOT a fan of the sun setting at 4:30pm in the winter time.
and you should have heard my parents here griping about the sun setting at 9pm in the summer time.

I have to say, thank god I saw this thread, though. I was just getting ready for bed and wishing I could have got to bed earlier, since I have to get up early for work tomorrow...
A LOT of people here in IN grumbled about the sun setting so late. I work with a good mix of ages and no one was thrilled. I loved it, though, and I was kinda sad when it started getting dark at 8...but not as sad as when I was in RI and it would already be dark at 4:30 in December.

I enjoyed my extra hour of sleep very much today. :drool:

I don't understand the extra hour of sleep concept. Most people can sleep in on any Sunday as it is. Oh well - March 11th is when we get back to reasonable daylight.

ntalwar said:
I don't understand the extra hour of sleep concept. Most people can sleep in on any Sunday as it is.
Yea, but you can only sleep in for so long without feeling like a total slug. Now we get that one extra hour of slugtime, it's wonderful.

My grandma was all excited about DST b/c she figured my uncle who has night shifts as a security manager would get paid an extra hour :lol:

I hate it when its dark when I get home from work @ 5:30!!! I need my daylight in the evening for walking--I don't like walking in the dark carrying a flashlight--it's a wonder I haven't been run over yet. :(

Back
Top Bottom