daylight saving time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:
:crack: I have too many clocks to change.

most of my clocks change automatically...my atomic clock on my living room wall, the clock on the vcr, and my computer and my cell phone. i only have to remember the clock in my bedroom and my wrist watch. :wink:

If you shout... said:
Fuck this shit. I want my hour of sleep back, damn it.

ah but think of the hour of extra daylight to do outdoor stuff every day :up:

I hate daylight savings time :grumpy:

I spent 21 of my 22 years in Indiana and I am very sad that they finally switched.
They're mostly Eastern now, fyi... except for a few counties near Chicago. Despite the fact that everyone I've talked to would prefer Indiana be Central.
stupid mitch.

bono_212 said:
you know what...I kinda remember hearing about that now. No one knows what time zone anyone in Indiana is on

People complain about Bush, but that's obviously because they don't know who Mitch Daniels is (governor of IN)

This guy Sold our toll road to some company in Australia.
He cut funding to schools
AND
Proposed this ingenious idea to solve our half the states on one time zone, half the states on the other: Let individual counties chose which side they want to be on.

Oh yeah....You're definently "My Man" Mitch

I apolgize btw for the way I sounded last night, I was extremely tired

Mitch Daniels loses. he used to be Bush's budget director, you know. or something of the sort. but yea all that education cuts...they're firing like 24 teachers from my school and basically getting rid of all of our electives. so my senior year is gonna suck thanks to Mitch and the dumb Indiana legislature.

as for DST, fuuuuuck that. I was quite happy being in Indy and not having to deal with it. The fact that now we are on it but the state is STILL split is ridiculous. And I don't know why the hell we're Eastern; we should be Central.

Man so like yesterday I went from Indiana to Minnesota, so time changed, but then Minnesota time changed, but Indiana time changed as well, so...I probably lost like an entire hour or day of my life or something. I should sue someone.

It was really hard to get to sleep last night, then hard to drag my butt out of bed this morning. My stomach has been growling for the past hour and it's not even lunchtime yet!!

i didn't go to bed till after 5am :laugh:
luckily i'm off today and could sleep till noon :wink:

I am loving DST!! I had a meltdown a couple of weeks ago about dullness and crap weather so this helps with the whole vitamin d thing. :drool: :drool: :drool:

The time change has completely screwed up my sleep patterns...I'm not tired at all, and I have to get up at 7 in the morning :mad:

Nice to have the extra light in the evening, however :drool:

Poco said:
can anyone tell me why the clocks have to go backward and forward anyway? :huh:

Well, of course for our farmers! They need the maximum amount of daylight to be able to cultivate their crops. I mean, our economy is still based primarily on agriculture, right? And we haven't made technological advances with huge combines with lights that light up the fileds of corn and soy like they are used car lots.

WildHoneyAlways said:
So what the hell does this actually mean? Is Indiana still split?

A FEW small counties in Western Indiana will stay with the time, and stay with the Central Time Zone (Chicago) in the Fall. I am fairly new to Indiana and I have liked it so far. BUT, this whole time thing has taught me a lot about Hoosiers. I have a feeling they really have a tough time acepting change. Residents in 48 other states do not have a problem with figuring out how to change their clocks and adjusting twice a year. But Hoosiers needed radio programs, massive newspaper articles and TV news stories all to tell them how to adjust to this minor time change. :yikes:

zoney! said:
A FEW small counties in Western Indiana will stay with the time, and stay with the Central Time Zone (Chicago) in the Fall. I am fairly new to Indiana and I have liked it so far. BUT, this whole time thing has taught me a lot about Hoosiers. I have a feeling they really have a tough time acepting change. Residents in 48 other states do not have a problem with figuring out how to change their clocks and adjusting twice a year. But Hoosiers needed radio programs, massive newspaper articles and TV news stories all to tell them how to adjust to this minor time change. :yikes:

i have one question:

what the hell is a hoosier? yes i know it's a nickname for people from indiana, but what does it mean?

the rockin edge said:

i have one question:

what the hell is a hoosier? yes i know it's a nickname for people from indiana, but what does it mean?

I have no clue yet.

I am just not sure if residents of Indiana are called Indianians, or Indiana-nites or Indianageans. Hoosier is easier.

zoney! said:

My dad was joking that Hoosiers are having trouble accepting DST because they're getting it confused with the International Date Line and think that they have to change their calenders :wink:

hoosiers...um...yeah there is a story behind that, but I don't remember what it is. I just sort of accept it as the way things are.

NAPTOWN BITCHES!

zoney! said:

I have no clue yet.

I am just not sure if residents of Indiana are called Indianians, or Indiana-nites or Indianageans. Hoosier is easier.

Always hoosiers
... if you call someone an Indianaian or Indianaite or whatever they'll just give you a funny look.. it's just not right.

Nobody knows where hoosier comes from, but Wikipedia has a good article if you want to know all the theories. I always heard in school that it came from "who's ear?" when people found ears on the floor at the end of bar fights.

Though if you're from St. Louis, it means redneck.

Anyway, the reason they're having problems with it is that they've just never done it before. It's normal for everyone else because they've been doing it since they were babies... for us it's strange and unusual. I had some trouble with it when I moved here and I'm a hip young person. God knows how older people who can't even set their VCRs are handling it.

Back
Top Bottom