david sylvian appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
we are now officially long overdue for a david sylvian thread.

david sylvian was the lead singer for japan. when they broke up in late 1982, he went solo (of course). i won't go into why the band broke up. anyway, he's released nine solo albums as well as countless other collaboration albums with people. in the meantime, there's also been a japan reunion of sorts, and now he's got his group nine horses. i'm soooo looking forward to that album. anyway, because i know these threads are useless without sound bytes. here's a choice selection from some of his albums.

*links removed by Bonochick, per FAQ*

as for what the songs sound like, just listen to them for yourself. :wink: as for pictures, i'll leave that up to queen bee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, how unpredictable, Khanada making a thread about David Sylvian! :shocked:

:wink:

:hyper:

'Bout time Khan!

Ive been trying to upload a pic of me in my Japan tee-shirt ( circa 1983) to get the Japan appriciation thread revived but am so dumb i cant get it to happen! As the t-shirt features only David Sylvian i could post it here if only i knew how!?....

But the music is the important thing, right? So stop worrying about his looks and start listening! I highly recomend 'Brilliant trees'... and Khan, i have found a store with all of his albums so i know what i will be asking for this Christmas!.....
:drool:

to upload a picture, just go to a site like imageshack.com and upload it. it'll give you the url of the picture and then just enter it like this:

[ img]http://www.whatever.com/picture.jpg[/ img]

without the spaces. :D and sure, japan discussion is allowed. :D

zootlesque, i'll try to remember to post some pics later. :wink:

reptile, that's awesome that you found a store with all his albums! they're all really good i think! :drool:

pictures. i'll try to do these in chronological order, more or less.

here's some pictures from when david was in japan.

first, from their glam rock, long haired phase:

the infamous picture:

this looks like it was from late summer/early autumn 1978:

as is this one:

this was from their first public appearance with the shorter hair, back in april 1979:

ehh, this was probably from sometime in 1979:

this looks like it's from march 1980:

from 1981:

1981 again:

1982:

in 1982 performing on old grey whistle test:

pics from when he went solo:

1984:

1986:

1999:

with his (now ex) wife:
sylvianwithingrid0fc.jpg

in 2000:

in 2005:

(l-r: david, steve jansen :combust:, burnt friedman)

reptile said:
:hyper:

'Bout time Khan!

Ive been trying to upload a pic of me in my Japan tee-shirt ( circa 1983) to get the Japan appriciation thread revived but am so dumb i cant get it to happen! As the t-shirt features only David Sylvian i could post it here if only i knew how!?....

But the music is the important thing, right? So stop worrying about his looks and start listening! I highly recomend 'Brilliant trees'... and Khan, i have found a store with all of his albums so i know what i will be asking for this Christmas!.....
:drool:
Please, please, please upload the pic. Wanna see!

And as for Dave with face fungus :huh:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i figured out the problem. you entered it wrong, there was no . before the jpg! :tsk:

i fixed it :wink:

wow your like wow amazing! (sly kate bush reference there)

how you do that?

From
Dork
:huh:

reptile said:
wow your like wow amazing! (sly kate bush reference there)

how you do that?

From
Dork
:huh:
lmao, i noticed the period was missing from what you posted, so i added it and looked to see if it was valid. and sure enough, it was! so i edited your post to fix it since you said you were leaving.

Back
Top Bottom