David Gray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
I really like his music (nowhere near as much as I like U2, but still..). I think he's a great songwriter, and while he may not have the best voice out there, he's a great musician and performer (except for that whole head snap thing
wink.gif
). His songs all have catchy melodies and I like the arrangements, too. The lyrics are also good, though not all that deep or anything.

If you like White Ladder, I highly suggest getting Lost Songs - it's an acoustic album, and I think it's easily better than White Ladder.

LOVE it. Only heard White Ladder though. When I hear that that style of music, that trippy kind of background with a more 'traditional' vocal tune I can't help but think it's what U2 (have to bring it back to U2 I know, but I was thinking this the other day) were trying to do with songs like If God Will Send His Angels. Anyway, I think he's great. In Australia, and I think he's breaking into the UK as well at the moment, we have a guy called Alex Lloyd who is very similar and very popular, and very very good. Highly recommended but it would be (aside from via net) pracicaly impossible to get outside the UK or Australia.

I personally think he's nothing more than college rock/girly music.

------------------
the cure for evil, is more evil

Back
Top Bottom