David Gilmour ( Pink Floyd ) 2006 Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:

...plus three different ones. :drool:

....yeah , that dying guitar solo , in the end ......

pink9.jpg

:drool:

liamcool said:

:drool:

What's the odds on an Atom Heart Mother song (don't care which one) being played on his tour? I give it 5,000 to 1, unless that song is titled "Fat Old Sun", in which case the odds are 4,999 to 1. Yeah, I like Atom Heart Mother. :drool:

Fat Old Sun for sure. My outside bet would be for the title track....:drool:

So I opened the door to my enemies
I asked could we wipe the slate clean
But they tell me to please go :censored: myself
You know you just can't win!

:wink:

Zootlesque said:
So I opened the door to my enemies
I asked could we wipe the slate clean
But they tell me to please go :censored: myself
You know you just can't win!

No chance of that one being played now I doubt. Not now they've kissed and made up!:madspit:

So does a new Gilmore album and tour finally open the door for a new Pink Floyd album and tour? I think Gilmore stated around the release of the Best Of Floyd disc that he did not know if the band would get back together and that it was more likely that he would record his own album and tour.

Aardvark747 said:

Tho I guess that's unfair as I dont know what the new album's gonna sound like...

If his previous work is any indication...not very good. :wink:

Does anyone have Gilmour's live DVD? For a look at a couple of full songs and a few shorter clips, go to davidgilmour.com and click on discography, and then on the dvd.

I'm even more excited about the upcoming show. :drool: There's something so damn cool about cello players in rock music. *off to listen to Rasputina*

Aardvark747 said:
^I have the dvd. Superb. If he sticks with those Floyd tracks, I wont be disappointed!

shine on you crazy diamond on that dvd was fantastic , first part in acoustic and a second part with full electric power :drool:

GibsonGirl said:

I bet he misses not having a paunch the size of a small continent as well. :wink:

He's still very fat....

If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you!!!

:hyper:

Last edited:
This is in response to Canadiens1160's post in the other thread. :wink:

waters.jpg

gilmour.jpg

Look at the numbers. LOOK AT THE NUMBERS.

Meh.. I can't choose between the gorgeous soundscapes of Gilmour and the biting sarcasm of Waters. A good measure of both was what made Pink Floyd great!

I've heard both of them on their solo albums, David Gilmour and Amused To Death and frankly, I almost got bored to death in both cases. :wink:

Gilmour + Waters + Wright + Mason is where it's at! :heart:

Zootlesque said:
A good measure of both was what made Pink Floyd great!

Oh, definitely. As much as I enjoy Waters' solo stuff from time to time (Radio K.A.O.S :love: ), it's abysmally weak in comparison to his work with Pink Floyd. Same goes for Gilmour. Same goes for all of them. Which is half the reason why I can't stand to listen to post-Waters Floyd. The whole sum is better than a fraction of the sum.

Back
Top Bottom