David Bowie to work with Manson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
David Bowie to work with Manson

Features

The Razz: BOWIE"S GOTH A NEW PAL

By Rick Fulton
432 Wörter
4 September 2004
Scottish Daily Record
Englisch

He teams up with Manson

SHOCK rocker Marilyn Manson is teaming up with David Bowie after he proposed to his fiancée using one of the glam rocker"s tunes.

Marilyn, 35, has revealed how he popped the question to Dita Von Teese in March this year as Bowie"s Be MyWife played in the background.

He said: "I got down on one knee and played Be My Wife by David Bowie. I"ve since met him and told him I"d played his song.

"He"s everything that you would want when you meet someone that you really respect.

"He and I have agreed to work on a song together for my next record whenmy tour"s over."

And although Marilyn has made a career of shocking, he doesn"t see going down the traditional route and getting married as going against his wild image.

He said: "Settling down and having kids and stopping your work would probably go against it, but I don"t have any desire to do that." Marilyn, real name Brian Warner, uses nappies at festivals rather than toilets but admits when it comes to babies, he"s a novice.

He added: "I haven"t been around a lot of babies, you know? I will have a nephew when I get married." During the making of the video of his new single Personal Jesus a young fan showed just what he thought of his singing. Marilyn said: "I held the baby and I started singing to him, andhe stopped crying instantly.

"This baby was just looking at me and he was so happy. We finished the song, and I realised, in part, that maybe I had soothed him,but he had p**** all overme."

Marilyn releases a Best Of hits album Lest We Forget on September 27, which features songs like The Dope Show and Lunch Box, with covers of Tainted Love, Sweet Dreams and the Depeche Mode tune Personal Jesus which the singer will release as a single on October 4.

He said: "I did not stray greatly from the original as much as I have in the past with Tainted Love and Sweet Dreams. It maintains a basic pumping rhythm to it."

Marilyn hopes to tour the best of album, including dates in Scotland and the UK, and is also planning to act in a new film Living Beyond Dreams with Tim Roth and Nastassja Kinski.

Hesaid:"I play the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland in a very different, twisted variation of it."
-------------------------------------------

good article. i would NEVER under any circumstances, hand my baby to marylin. i do thoroughly enjoy lots of their stuff though.

Back
Top Bottom