David Bowie survivor - Never Let Me Down (now with added poll!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

So far today we've had five hours of batting, and England are naught for naught.

• Day-In Day-Out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Let Me Down

• Zeroes

• Glass Spider

• Shining Star

• New York's in Love

• '87 and Cry

• Too Dizzy

• Band Bang

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Haha wow that's like the fifth time I've fucked that up. Now with poll.

Blue Jean moved into outright favouritism for the David Bowie survivor after belittling its competition in the previous round.

Now we move on to Never Let Me Down as the excitement around this tournament continues to grow.

30601.jpg

ONE song goes thru. vote for ONE song.

Confession: I've never listened to this album. Haven't heard a single song.

You must have heard Day-In Day-Out. Even I've heard that one. I'm listening to the album now. Geez no wonder not much is spoken of Bowie's 80s output. A lot of these songs are pretty forgettable.

Day In Day Out, Time Will Crawl and NY's in Love are all pretty good though.

There is an excellent version of Time Will Crawl called something like the "MM Mix." I'll vote for it on the basis of that version, as nothing else here really deserves a second look.

Time Will Crawl definitely gets my vote. The two Tin Machine albums are next. If people don't mind I might combine the two to get through this period a bit quicker.

Or I could just send Under the God through.

I actually really enjoyed this album. It's not great, but it was a pleasant listening experience. My vote goes to "Beat of Your Drum".

Can we talk about this album art for a second? I mean, it's really one of the worst things I've ever seen.

And on the cover, is someone, in fact, letting Bowie down? Not successfully catching him on whatever tiny trapeze he's playing on?

Back
Top Bottom