David Bowie survivor - FINAL SEVEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voat 4 ur leest fayv

• "Heroes"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Life on Mars?

• Station to Station

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
We don't wonder about Sound and Vision.

There are seven songs remaining.

Vote for your least favourite, and please say why.

PEACE XO

Young Americans for me, pretty easy choice here. Lady Grinning Soul is next, but too beautiful to go before Young Americans.

This horrible, destructive train of thought needs to derail this instant.

"Moonage Daydream" for me. A killer guitar jam, probably Bowie's most straight-forward classic rock entry outside of "The Jean Genie." At this point, we're murdering least favorite children.

This horrible, destructive train of thought needs to derail this instant.

:up:

I'm planning on writing a detailed appreciation of Young Americans for the next thread, to preempt its potential early exit. So much going on in that track, so many great moments.

:up:

I'm planning on writing a detailed appreciation of Young Americans for the next thread, to preempt its potential early exit. So much going on in that track, so many great moments.

It's a cacophony of delights. I think the real issue is that weird schism between Bowie's "weirdness" and his straightforward rock/pop stylings separates his canon a lot. "Young Americans" is as bonkers as the baroque cabaret shit in "Time" and the coked-out odyssey of "Station to Station," but you can fucking dance to it.

I just don't get it. It's an all-timer for me on the same level as "Life on Mars?" or "Heroes." Gonna be a real tough decision between those three.

Well, I'm gonna mercy this bad boy. I am taken aback by the thought that Moonage Daydream is a "straight-forward classic rock" track akin to Jean Genie. The last third of the track easily transcends that term/comparison. Although I'll agree we're murdering children at this point.

It's a cacophony of delights. I think the real issue is that weird schism between Bowie's "weirdness" and his straightforward rock/pop stylings separates his canon a lot. "Young Americans" is as bonkers as the baroque cabaret shit in "Time" and the coked-out odyssey of "Station to Station," but you can fucking dance to it.

I just don't get it. It's an all-timer for me on the same level as "Life on Mars?" or "Heroes." Gonna be a real tough decision between those three.

Well the funny thing is that the weirdness isn't as present here in the finals as much as the early glam years, which doesn't do as much for me. Like, I think Ziggy Stardust is a very good album, but it's ridiculous that we started this last round with 4 songs from those sessions. It's overkill.

But yeah, those other two songs you mentioned are the others in my holy trinity. But I'm pretty sure I'm going YA all the way.

Back
Top Bottom