David Bowie survivor - FINAL NINE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vote fer yer least fav track.

• Moonage Daydream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Heroes"

• Life on Mars?

• Station to Station

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
John, it's been more than 40 years, but you can move on, Bowie is dancing no more.

OR IS HE?

yes, nine songs still remain, and you can dance to several of them. well, one of them (Sound and Vision) and part of another (part three of Station to Station). mmmmmaybe Young Americans too. anyhoo.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

XO

I'm voting again for Young Americans. It's probably really no fault of the track itself... I don't own the album, and never listen to the best of I have that it's on, so it's probably just a track that I've ended up inadvertently neglecting. Killer chorus, but yeah, I like the other nine songs better.

Other songs up for eviction for me - Starman, Sound and Vision and Lady Grinning Soul

HEWSON

EXPLAIN YOUR VOTE

I'd just about rate Starman as a classic. Don't think I'd be the fan I am without it, though I've come to like many other songs of his more.

Strictly speaking, it's a really over the top, sentimental ballad about unrequited love. That's not at all how I would describe Lady Grinning Soul, but I wouldn't be surprised if torch songs influenced the song in some way.

My feelings about the song:

-Possibly the best vocal of his career
-Wonderfully poetic lyrics
-Really pretty Spanish-flavored guitar

Probably top 5 from this list for me.

Last edited:
Strictly speaking, it's a really over the top, sentimental ballad about unrequited love. That's not at all how I would describe Lady Grinning Soul, but I wouldn't be surprised if torch songs influenced the song in some way.

My feelings about the song:

-Possibly the best vocal of his career
-Wonderfully poetic lyrics
-Really pretty Spanish-flavored guitar

Probably top 5 from this list for me.

Lady Grinning Soul is still my favorite song from him. The piano playing especially is brilliant - elaborate without being overbearing or stealing from that gorgeous melody.

My vote this round goes again to Starman.

I'm voting again for Young Americans. It's probably really no fault of the track itself... I don't own the album, and never listen to the best of I have that it's on, so it's probably just a track that I've ended up inadvertently neglecting. Killer chorus, but yeah, I like the other nine songs better.

Burn in hell.

Maybe you should have acquired the album and listened to it in preparation for this poll.

"Sound and Vision" is rad, though I find it to be the least essential of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom