David Bowie survivor - Diamond Dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr and Mrs Arthur Pewtey, Pewtey... it's Diedre.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
David Bowie's time-bending cover of The National's Sorrow joins us in the playoffs.

Now we're up to Diamond Dogs, the last of Bowie's Ziggy/glam work.

Not owning the album, I've never seen this full cover

cover_rca.jpg

Vote for your THREE favourites, somehow, there are three songs from here going through.

Vote for your THREE favourites, somehow, there are three songs from here going through.

It's a pretty decent record. Considering it only needed two votes to get three songs, I think that placement is fair.

I'm voting for Diamond Dogs and Rebel Rebel, as will most others. The third vote goes to Sweet Thing, which was so nice we got it twice.

I like this album more than some of his more acclaimed efforts from the 70s. The Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (Reprise) medley is incredible.

Sweet Thing and Rebel Rebel are both fantastic. I guess Diamond Dogs gets the third slot by default, as I don't find anything else on the album particularly interesting.

I just listened to this again today. Can't even remember most of it. I think I liked Big Brother a lot. Giving one of my votes to that.

First time I've ever heard, I really enjoyed it. Rebel Rebel obviously gets a vote, but I'm definitely giving one to Big Brother, that song was great.

Classic. :lol:

In retrospect, I should have voted for Chant of the Ever-Circling Skeletal Family, just on the basis of the name.

It should be pretty safe right now, but Cobbler voted for the fucking reprise instead.

Who is not voting for Sweet Thing?

:madspit:

I can't believe there aren't more votes for Big Brother. I can't really talk given I only heard it for the first time yesterday but it's so good. The brass is so great, has a bit of a Neuköln vibe about it, and the chorus is stellar, passionate vocals.

I voted Big Brother, Sweet Thing, and Rock And Roll With Me. Rebel Rebel didn't need my vote, and I don't really get the love for the title track. I love RRWM and thought it deserved at least one vote. I hated giving pushing 1984 behind Sweet Thing though. Really wish four songs could go through. I like this album more than most.

Gaffer, if your vote is available, go for Big Brother. I'm with Laz, it deserves to go forward.

That's awesome. What was the situation here?
It's from the comeback last night. They had cut it to two and Flipp Johnson was driving to the bucket. As he went up, the Indiana guy (can't remember if it was Sheehey or someone else) tried to take a charge, but at the last second realized it wasn't gonna work and started to jump to contest the shot. He got knocked down by Johnson while in the air, and Mike Kitts called it a charge anyway. It's the first time I've ever seen a player get a charge called when he jumped.

So that was the bench reacting to Kitts sending it the other way. I think they knew they blew it because Chambers did enough at the ensuing timeout to earn himself a technical and it didn't get called.

Back
Top Bottom