David Bowie Survivor - Album poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pick your five fav bowie albums

• David Bowie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pin-Ups

• Tonight

• Never Let Me Down

• Tin Machine

• Tin Machine II

• Labyrinth soundtrack

• Black Tie White Noise

• Outside

• Earthling

• 'Hours...'

• The Next Day

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobl04

45:33
Welcome one and all to the B&C David Bowie Survivor, mk II. With Peef's Bowie survivor consigned to the Lemonade Stand Archive, never to be restarted, your old pal Cobbler is starting a new one.

So how will we go about it? It's still up in the air a bit, but basically as thus.

- Album poll in this thread. Vote for your five favourite Bowie albums (I've got about nine favourites, so this will be tough). 48 hours to do so.
- Top five albums get four tracks through to playoffs, 6-10 get three, 11-15 get two and 16-26 get one.
- Playoffs are grouped into eras, vote for your favourite songs, they go through to a final.

So without any further ado, here is the first poll. All of Bowie's studio albums, plus the two Tin Machine records, and I threw the Labyrinth soundtrack in as well. Vote for your FIVE FAVOURITES.

For me, Hunky Dory, Ziggy, Aladdin Sane, Low and "Heroes". Station to Station just misses out. I love every track on Station to Station, but the aforementioned five all move me more than Station to Station.

From March of last year:

Station to Station
Low
Hunky Dory
Aladdin Sane
"Heroes"
Ziggy Stardust
Heathen
Young Americans
The Next Day
Diamond Dogs
The Man Who Sold the World
Scary Monsters
David Bowie (69)
Let's Dance
David Bowie (67)

Think I'm gonna stick with that.

We're going to have to do this thread over again, but anyway I voted strategically:

The Man Who Sold the World
Aladdin Sane
Station to Station
Low
Heroes

Ziggy really doesn't need my help.

Almost went entirely chronologically - Station to Station, Low, Heroes, Scary Monsters, Let's Dance

Ziggy - Aladdin Sane - Station to Station - Low - Scary Monsters

Apologies to Hunky Dory and Heroes.

Low - "Heroes" - Ziggy Stardust - The Man Who Sold the World - Diamond Dogs

15 voters so far, which is good! Surprised to not see a few more votes for Station to Station.

And I'm voting for Lodger just to piss off Cobbler.

:lol: I thought you might do that. Honestly, I don't hate it. It suffers from being part of the 'Berlin Trilogy', because Low and "Heroes" are just so fucking good.

Can't believe I'm the only vote for Heathen. I thought it had more support around here. Of course, there's a lot of competition.

So far, you and I are the only two with votes for anything beyond 1980. I put in for The Next Day instead though. As much as I love some later-period Bowie, it is tough to go up against his 70s work.

Didn't get in time to vote but would've went Ziggy, Aladdin, Scary Monsters, Reality, The Next Day

Back
Top Bottom