David Bowie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just found out a couple days ago that I love David Bowie so much! Well his music anyway... lol. I was cravin him so I went searchin through my parent's cds and there it was "Changes Bowie" I put it in and listened to the whole thing! So, Bowie's got a new fan! Do any of you love Bowie like me????

I am a lifelong fan of Bowie. I get super emotional at his concerts. I don't know what it is, but his older stuff through his 90s stuff really moves me. You should see me during "Space Oddity" and any of the stuff off of "Ziggy Stardust" - woo, tear city!

I'm seeing him for a third time in Tampa on May 5. I can't wait. :hyper: :love:

First album I ever bought was Space Oddity, through my early high school years my bedroom was plastered with David Bowie posters. In Year8(1974) I got my long hair cut short and spiky and on weekends( when no one was looking) I'd dress up like Ziggy:hmm:TThe first international concert I ever went to was Bowie In Brisbane in 1978( I haven't seen him live since) I still have all the posters in a scrapbook and still enjoy looking at them. Why I even stayed up real late last night( 10pm) just to watch him perform and be interviewed on the Parkinson Show. I have hours of Bowie on video tape.

ummm
yes
I :heart: David Bowie, enjoy your voyage of discovery:)

yeah, Bowie rocks- saw him in Feb and he was just brilliant, definately one of the best shows that I have ever seen, it is no wonder that he has been around for so long, he is just amazing, no ego, no bullshit and immensely talented!!!!

Fave albums are Low- I just love the instrumentals from this and the Eno inspired ambience....

Black Tie, White Noise- one of his early 90s cds, again with a lot of instrumentals and a bit of a jazzy kind of feel, but again it is nice and I really like this one....

and after seeing him live I bought a copy of his new cd, Reality and it is really good too, I was quite surprised and it came with a bonus DVD, which was an intimate concert of him and the band performing all of the new songs from Reality....

For anyone who is going to see him live soon, be prepared to be awed and just watch out for the version of Ziggy ( I never thought I would hear that played live!!!!!):wink:

seen bowie last month. it was AMAZING. loved every minute of it.

I'm just discovering him too. well not really when i was 4 my mom bought me the LABYRINTH. i loved it. i just watched it w/ my 7 yr old nephew and he was laughing at bowie's spandex. and then we watched the beautiful day video and at the end he said "why is Bono so happy? he missed the plan!" it was so funny!

I LOVE BOWIE!!!

Back
Top Bottom