David Bowie - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-27-2005, 11:55 PM   #46
New Yorker
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Originally posted by maude

My brother bought this one for me several years ago and I couldn't listen to it without laughing. Some of the lyrics are really quite awful (Yak butter statues melt in the sun," or "Baby, I'll slay a dragon for you, or banish wicked giants from the land", just to mention a couple) yet now it's really grown on me and I actually enjoy listening to it now and again, though I still can't listen to "There Is a Happy Land". It's definitely a very different sound from what most Bowie fans are used to.
The Laughing Gnome ha ha ha hee hee hee I'm the Laughing Gnome and you can't catch me!

LOL Hard to believe Bowie wrote those lyrics, and that tune - the drugs were to blame....I hope!

David Live has just recently been re-released on CD and is well worth getting if you want to hear what the man was like live in his heyday.

I can't pick a favourite, but the albums I seem to play most these days are Low and Heathen. Hearing Heathen/The Rays live was the highlight of the 2004 tour for me.

Station to Station is pretty good too...

Old 10-28-2005, 08:14 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:54 AM
Originally posted by jimmmm

Well maybe he is, but Eno's influence is nowhere to be found on classics such as Stationtostation, Diamond Dogs, Ziggy, Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Scary Monsters, The Man Who Sold The World,etc. Don't over estimate Eno's contirbution to the legacy Bowie has given to the world.

i'm fully aware of the fact that Eno's influence is nowhere to be found on those records hence me mentioning just 'Low'. I think you may have mis-read what we were saying.