David Blaine To Live In Human Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Magician Set to Live in Aquarium
Thu Apr 13

David Blaine intends to sleep with the fishes but only for a week, and in full public view.

The 33-year-old magician will perform his latest stunt by living underwater for seven days and nights in a "human aquarium" in front of New York's Lincoln Center.

He will conclude by attempting to hold his breath underwater longer than the record of 8 minutes, 58 seconds.

The finale of his latest stunt will air live in a two-hour ABC special on May 8 (8 p.m. EDT).

Blaine's previous feats of endurance include balancing on a small platform for 35 hours and surviving inside a massive block of ice for 61 hours, both of which were performed in New York. In 2003, he fasted for 44 days in a suspended acrylic box over the Thames River in London.

The "human aquarium" in which Blaine will float is a specially built 8-foot acrylic sphere. He will receive liquid nutrition through a tube and the water will be kept at a balanced temperature to help keep his core temperature close to 98.6 degrees F.

Passers-by will be able to touch the aquarium, take pictures with Blaine and communicate with him. He will enter the sphere on May 1.

To prepare for the challenge, Blaine trained with U.S. Navy Seals and a world class free-diving team. An inside look at his training will be shown on the ABC special, which is titled, "David Blaine: Drowned Alive."

capt.nyet16004131622.people_david_blaine_nyet160.jpg

I loved the thing in London when someone started to fly a little remote control helicopter round the box with a sausage attached to it. :lmao:

How on earth does a person manage to hold their breathe for nearly 9 minutes??? :shocked:

I'm missing something. He is holding his breath for 9 minutes.

How is he breathing in the aquarium for 2 weeks? If he's not breathing (holding his breath) then wouldn't he be holding his breath for 2 weeks and not just 9 minutes?

Numb1075 said:

How is he breathing in the aquarium for 2 weeks? If he's not breathing (holding his breath) then wouldn't he be holding his breath for 2 weeks and not just 9 minutes?

:yes: :lmao:

That would be very compelling TV to watch a guy hold his breath.

Maybe they just want people to watch the show to find out what's going on :shrug: So he's going to have a 2 hour special on TV....and he is goign to attempt to hold his breath for 9 minutes or longer, and he is going to live in an aquarium for 2 weeks? :hmm: Monday night May 8th there's other things I'll be watching!

hopefully he went #2 before he got in there...not much room to hide things and he won't be able to blame anyone else. :wink:

From another board I go to:

Next he'll be sitting on a toilet in front of people for a month. If I were his mother I'd tell him to get a REAL job. Enough of this shit.

:lmao: :heart:

Numb1075 said:

Numb.....it's all about time.......{seems a good waste of it}.

:|

Watching a man turn into a human prune for two hours sounds like top-quality entertainment. Isn't television great?!

Back
Top Bottom