David Blaine To Live In Human Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
his hands now

20060505blaine.jpg

I don't even wanna think about what the rest of him looks like.... :yikes:

David Blaine is amazing; I don't think he's human. I like his big spectacles such as this but his street magic specials are still the best!

I think the entire thing would be validated if, when he finally emerges from the sphere, his trunks fall off and he screams "I WAS IN THE POOL!"

glenncerritos said:
David Blaine is amazing; I don't think he's human. I like his big spectacles such as this but his street magic specials are still the best!

:up:

You guys can watch piles of steaming tv shit like American Idol, and countless other reality brainkillers- but David Blaine is too much?? Look at those hands?? Now thats entertainment ( cue The Jam )

Blaine to get medical treatment

Illusionist David Blaine, who is spending seven-days submerged in a water-filled sphere, is to receive medical treatment.

Blaine's spokesman Pat Smith said the 33-year-old's peeling skin and overall condition was worrying doctors.

But he added Blaine was "determined" to complete the "human aquarium" stunt at Lincoln Center in New York.

A mask and an air line are keeping Blaine alive, and he is also getting liquid nutrition fed via a tube.

World record

But prolonged submersion in water poses a number of hazards, including nerve damage, blackouts, sleep deprivation and skin problems.

Blaine has said his skin is causing him pain "like constant pins and needles" after five days in the acrylic sphere.

Mr Smith said: "Doctors are concerned that he's weakening. They are going to work with him through the weekend, trying to stabilize both his diet and his training regimen.

"His skin is peeling very badly on his hands. Those are our biggest concerns right now."

Blaine will end his challenge on Monday with an attempt to break the world record for holding breath under water, which currently stands at eight minutes, 58 seconds.

He has said for the record attempt he would come out of the sphere to be handcuffed, wrapped in 150lb (68kg) of metal chains and dropped back inside.

Blaine has undergone intensive training for the challenge, shedding 50lbs (23kg) in body weight since January to improve the efficiency with which his body uses oxygen.

David thinks he's going to get a record for holding his breath, but this guy begs to differ:

Mark Harris of the British Free Diving Association spoke out, saying that Blaine will have an unfair advantage. "[Since] he will be breathing compressed air under water... he will have a much higher concentration of oxygen molecules... in competitive freediving, we are positively banned from breathing pure oxygen before the event."

Even if Blaine succeeds in holding his breath for more than eight minutes and fifty-eight seconds, it is unlikely that the feat will be officially recognised as a new world record. This is due to the fact that judges from the International Association for the Development of Apnea (AIDA) would have to be present to verify that Blaine breathed no pure oxygen for at least two hours prior to beginning his attempt at the world record. The world record for holding one's breath after having breathed pure oxygen is actually closer to fifteen minutes.

BrownEyedBoy said:
He didn't make it. :(

Man, just watching him was painful. I wonder what Criss Angel thinks of all this...
Check out the Penn Jillette podcast, the most recent one is Criss Angel stopping on by to discuss the genius of David Blaine

He left the hospital already

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/09/david.blaine.ap/index.html

"The challenge had taken a toll on the magician's body, including liver damage, pins and needles in his feet and hands, some loss of sensation and rashes, said Dr. Murat Gunel, who heads Blaine's medical team and is associate professor of neurosurgery at Yale University School of Medicine."

Goodness....you don't think he's going to write a book about his great adventure?? {photos and all}

Perhaps he'd call it My Days In The Aquarium.....:|

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Goodness....you don't think he's going to write a book about his great adventure?? {photos and all}

Perhaps he'd call it My Days In The Aquarium.....:|
Or "I was a Teenaged Goldfish"

Back
Top Bottom