Dave Matthews is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was really into DMB when i was in college before they got popular. i never found Dave Matthews sexy. I associate DMB with College Frat Parties now. i went to a concert of theirs about 3 years ago and i felt so old. me and my exboyfriend felt like we were babysitting the drunk and stoned teenagers who were falling all over us. :mad: we couldn't stand it anymore and left the concert. that was the last time i gave DMB a chance.

I do enjoy a few of their songs but the prospect of seeing them live has never grabbed me.....

I've never been into them, but I went to a concert of theirs last month and have never been more bored in my life.

I guess I'm just not into jam bands. They're talented - they're just not my style.

MonaVox said:
I like a lot of their songs, but it turns me off that Dave does so much drugs and stuff :|

? Are you sure about that? He's known to drink alot, but he's happily married with children.. Not that that has stopped stars before, but it just doesn't seem like something Dave would have a problem with.

HelloAngel said:

? Are you sure about that? He's known to drink alot, but he's happily married with children.. Not that that has stopped stars before, but it just doesn't seem like something Dave would have a problem with.

O I am sure. I have friends who are huge fans and they say Dave has been known to go on stage high and stuff :| No matter how talented you are, abuse of certain things really bothers me.

I love "41" though :drool:

MonaVox said:

O I am sure. I have friends who are huge fans and they say Dave has been known to go on stage high and stuff :| No matter how talented you are, abuse of certain things really bothers me.

I love "41" though :drool:

Well, one of my friends is an officer in the Warehouse fanclub, and they've known about the drinking - and the pot use "back in the day" - but now that he's gotten married and had kids, he has matured and stopped with the drug use.

He seemed to be high on Storytellers a few years back. But not in the least during recent performances I've seen, including the show I saw in the spring.

Not that I care about people smoking pot...which I really don't.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i was really into DMB when i was in college before they got popular. i never found Dave Matthews sexy. I associate DMB with College Frat Parties now. i went to a concert of theirs about 3 years ago and i felt so old. me and my exboyfriend felt like we were babysitting the drunk and stoned teenagers who were falling all over us. :mad: we couldn't stand it anymore and left the concert. that was the last time i gave DMB a chance.

That's about how I feel about DMB, but I never went to a concert. I HATED Everyday and vowed never to listen to them ever again. :|

HelloAngel said:
I've never been into them, but I went to a concert of theirs last month and have never been more bored in my life.

I agree.

I used to like them till I went to their concert. And was it gawd awful boring. :rolleyes: I still like some of their old songs, but I just got turned off with the band and their audience. People can, for all I care, smoke pot and drink during shows, just don't push and fall on me. :mad:

DMB....writes some amazing songs. Awesome love songs....... I really liked them before they became popular. I do not like there recent music as much as the older music. Crash is a FANTASTIC album: Two Step, Crash, Proudest Monkey #41, Lie In Our Graves, the entire album is great. As is most of their other work. I really do not understand what most U2 fans have against DMB?

I understand if you do not like his voice and I kinda get the college frat thing, but with that said, to undermine him or the band as not worth a salt makes no sense to me. They write awesome music and in my opinion a lot of you are missing out.

:kiss: DiGi & Screaming Flower

"Live from Luther College" with Tim Reynolds is amazing.

joyfulgirl said:
:kiss: DiGi & Screaming Flower

"Live from Luther College" with Tim Reynolds is amazing.

Definitely. #41 is gorgeous, and even though it's not one of my favorites of their's, I just can't help getting into it when they play What Would You Say - especially the breakdown in the middle. It's one of my favorite albums, actually.

DMB's earlier stuff is much better than their more recent stuff. The last few singles they've put out are amazingly boring for a band that put out #41, Two Step, Too Much, Ant's Marching, Lie In Our Graves, etc.

I believe I was smoking pot when my boyfriend brought "Boy" home in 1980, and that ain't all :censored: but that's another story....

Anyway, Diemen, I agree 100%. "Live from Luther College" is my feel-good-in-the-car record. I put that baby on, crank it up, and everything's alright in my world. That acoustic guitar stuff is just the best! I prefer all the versions on that record than the original studio recordings.

meegannie said:

That's about how I feel about DMB, but I never went to a concert. I HATED Everyday and vowed never to listen to them ever again. :|

1. Thanks guys fer straightening out the pot thing...THANK GOD since he's got a family and all now... didn't he have twin girls or something? anyway

2. Glenn Ballard screwed them over on "Everyday." And DMB was also screwed over on "busted Stuff." The Lillywhite Sessions are much much better.

what's funny is that, on the singles anyway, if you take out the violin and sax, it doesn't make a difference at all.

and those guys probably live in mansions.:rolleyes:

MonaVox said:

And DMB was also screwed over on "busted Stuff." The Lillywhite Sessions are much much better.[/FONT] [/COLOR]

As far as I was aware, "Busted Stuff" is essentially The Lillywhite Sessions. :confused:

DMB is OK, but kind of boring. I'd certainly rather hear them on the radio than a lot of other stuff that's popular right now, but I've never had the slightest urge to buy one of their albums.

I'm glad to know I'm not going to get flamed and some of you feel the same way :sigh: So they may be talented as musicians but I don't like any of the songs, or the style of their music, and I cannot BEAR his whiney voice! :no: :yuck: He is also so ugly and gross looking I can't stand to look at him. He is perhaps at his most disgusting barefoot in concert :puke: I don't understand the 'pot' thing though, usually, pot is connected to much cooler dudes than that dork and much harder music:huh:

Back
Top Bottom