Dave Matthews is - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2003, 10:48 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:08 AM
I'm not a diehard DMB fan.

And I used to not care for their music.

But after hearing their songs again, I don't mind the songs I've heard by them (except for this one song called "Stay (Wasting Time)" that they did...I didn't care for that one much). I like their songs that I've heard overall, just not a big fan, you know. And I don't think Dave Matthews is attractive.

However...I love their song "Crush". The 8 minute original version of that song is awesome (there was the 4 minute single version on the radio, but that doesn't do the song justice)-the music in it is so neat and everything, I like the fiddle and all that...that's their best song (and I like the black and white video with it).

Angela

Old 01-17-2003, 12:19 AM   #47
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:08 AM
They were going to release "When The World Ends" but it was just after 9/11 so they opted to release "Everyday"

Old 01-17-2003, 07:11 AM   #48
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:08 AM
headache what you said comes off as an attack.....there are a lot of people who like dave that have no connection with lighting up a big phat joint. I know I never have. I just looked up what day JG died, August 9th, 95 (I do not know because I do not like the dead at all). DMB had some major success before that. Do I agree that a good portion of younger Dead fans like DMB, yes. As far as his talent, I think you need to watch him play guitar, he is very talented. You original comment was just plain ignorant
Old 01-17-2003, 10:27 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:08 AM
I know personally several people who 'knew them when' and went to their live shows when they were small time. These people have tried to get me into DMB but I just can't stand the sound of his voice or any of the songs. Yes he is ugly, but since I don't like any of his music, even if he were hot it would not make me like the band. When they were small time, I never thought they'd ever get famous. I've seen lots of other struggling bands who were much better. It really made me mad on their last tour when the press was saying they were bigger than U2 and had more fans and Dave was what the ladies wanted. Uh, I don't think so, on any of those comments!
Old 01-17-2003, 11:18 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:08 AM
These comments about his looks are so childish it's mind-boggling.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:13 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I don't even like him, but I was about to say the same thing!!
Old 01-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #52
New Yorker

Bartender, Two Step, Warehouse and even Ants Marching live can EASILY compete with any U2 song live. In fact if I had the choice, I would rather see these songs live over ANY U2 song live.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:16 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:08 AM
i really liked them for a while, but over the past 3 or 4 years i've got increasingly bored with the music. i've never seen them, concert tix are expensive and now i think i'd rather save my money to see a band i REALLY like...i still listen to them occasionally, but then again, i still listen to chumbawumba occasionally...yeah that's right, "i get knocked down but i get up again"...

tehy've just got kinda boring...i don't know, it's probably the whole jam band thing, and to me that's a bit too close to show-offy metal soloing...
Old 01-21-2003, 08:05 PM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:08 AM
They're alright. I like some of his songs, though I must admit of the 3 albums of theirs I won I rarely if at all pull any out.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:19 PM   #55
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
I guess I should say then that I agreed with the original post to the extent that I don't care for the music. I don't care what he looks like. It really is kind of silly to not like someone because of his looks.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:46 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

I guess I should say then that I agreed with the original post to the extent that I don't care for the music. I don't care what he looks like. It really is kind of silly to not like someone because of his looks.
I forgive you.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:10 PM   #57
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:

I forgive you.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:48 AM   #58
Refugee

Local Time: 06:08 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
me and my exboyfriend felt like we were babysitting the drunk and stoned teenagers who were falling all over us.
Now now, let's not get mad at drunk and stoned persons. Let's focus our hatred on Dave Matthews. Have I mentioned that he is entirely mediocre in every way? He's the Britney Spears of whatever the hell it is that he plays. It's like tahini. No spice. It's not that I particularly dilike anything he does it just doesn't have the power to inspire any emotional anything from me. I certainly don't think it has to do with his looks though...
Old 01-23-2003, 10:00 AM   #59
New Yorker

He's a better song writer than any single band member in U2
Old 01-23-2003, 11:06 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Kind of reminds me when I was watching the Golden Globes the other night and some friends were saying that Bono is fat and sloppy and ugly. All I could think was about how beautiful his spirit is and it's too bad that not everyone can see it, even if they don't like his looks or music.

Tags
dave matthews