Dave Matthews is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HelloAngel said:

As far as I was aware, "Busted Stuff" is essentially The Lillywhite Sessions. :confused:

[color=royal blue]Most of the songs are the same, with some added, some taken out. And lyrics were changed. Also, music-wise....The Lillywhite Sessions were basically considered too dreary and sad so they had to make some lyrics and some of the music sound happier. :slant: [/color]

God, I can't believe that so many of you don't like Dave. They are GREAT not good... GREAT. Busted stuff is an awsome album. All of his albums are amazing except for Everyday. I think an incredably underrated album is Before These Crowded Streets. Songs like The Stone, Pig, Crush and Dreaming Tree are masterpieces. Thier music is anything BUT boring.

just announced...

Dave & Tim are doing an acoustic tour this spring. The dates so far are:

3/19 Oakdale Theatre-- Wallingford CT
3/20 Ryan Center Univ --Kingston RI
3/22 Radio city Music Hall-- NY-NY
3/23 Eisenhower Hall--West Point NY
3/25 Belk Arena -Davidson College-- Davidson NC
3/26 Old Dominion Univ -- Norfolk VA
3/28 Lawerence Joel Vet Mem Coliseum--Winston Salem NC
3/31 J.D. Millett Hall- Miami U --Oxford OH
4/1 Rose Arena - CMU -- Mt. Pleasant MI
4/3 Elliott Hall of Music- Purdue-- W. Lafayette IN
4/4 Phys ED Center- Carthage College-- Kenosha
4/5 TBA

Headache in a Suitcase said:
... an overhyped, mildly talented south african who took advantage of the void left by the death of jerry garcia for canibus loving college kids all over these here united states. see also phish. peace love and happiness to tree hugging hippies everywhere.

Pretty intelligent comments. Nice Stereotype

thank you... i thought it was pretty nice myself too. u2 released a couple of albums like busted stuff too... they were called The B Sides. I really do appologize for voicing my opinion, you're absolutely right, I do deserve to be called a prick for giving an opinion on a thread who's point was to get people to give their opinion on dave matthews. blow it your your :censored:. i own a couple of dave's albums, i think he's good, but all the people who go ape shit over how great his stuff is, who rank him up there with the great bands of the day, frankly just baffles me. and if you try to tell me that alot of the popularity dmb and phish gained did not have something to do with the dead no longer touring, well then you're frankly just kidding yourself. and if ya' think that a large portion of their fan base isn't pot smoking college kids, then again you're kidding yourself. whatever

Last edited:
Only intelegent opinions are wanted here. And what said was NOT an opinion the way you stated it. You stated it as a fact. Get an education first before you TRY to voice your opinion.

For some reason I cant make myself get into his stuff. Some of my friends think he's God. I admit I do like "When the World Ends" though. Too bad they never released that as a single.

I'm not a diehard DMB fan.

And I used to not care for their music.

But after hearing their songs again, I don't mind the songs I've heard by them (except for this one song called "Stay (Wasting Time)" that they did...I didn't care for that one much). I like their songs that I've heard overall, just not a big fan, you know. And I don't think Dave Matthews is attractive.

However...I love their song "Crush". The 8 minute original version of that song is awesome (there was the 4 minute single version on the radio, but that doesn't do the song justice)-the music in it is so neat and everything, I like the fiddle and all that...that's their best song (and I like the black and white video with it).

Angela

headache what you said comes off as an attack.....there are a lot of people who like dave that have no connection with lighting up a big phat joint. I know I never have. I just looked up what day JG died, August 9th, 95 (I do not know because I do not like the dead at all). DMB had some major success before that. Do I agree that a good portion of younger Dead fans like DMB, yes. As far as his talent, I think you need to watch him play guitar, he is very talented. You original comment was just plain ignorant

I know personally several people who 'knew them when' and went to their live shows when they were small time. These people have tried to get me into DMB but I just can't stand the sound of his voice or any of the songs. Yes he is ugly, but since I don't like any of his music, even if he were hot it would not make me like the band. When they were small time, I never thought they'd ever get famous. I've seen lots of other struggling bands who were much better. It really made me mad on their last tour when the press was saying they were bigger than U2 and had more fans and Dave was what the ladies wanted. Uh, I don't think so, on any of those comments!:eyebrow:

Bartender, Two Step, Warehouse and even Ants Marching live can EASILY compete with any U2 song live. In fact if I had the choice, I would rather see these songs live over ANY U2 song live.

i really liked them for a while, but over the past 3 or 4 years i've got increasingly bored with the music. i've never seen them, concert tix are expensive and now i think i'd rather save my money to see a band i REALLY like...i still listen to them occasionally, but then again, i still listen to chumbawumba occasionally...yeah that's right, "i get knocked down but i get up again"...

tehy've just got kinda boring...i don't know, it's probably the whole jam band thing, and to me that's a bit too close to show-offy metal soloing...

joyfulgirl said:
These comments about his looks are so childish it's mind-boggling.

I guess I should say then that I agreed with the original post to the extent that I don't care for the music. I don't care what he looks like. It really is kind of silly to not like someone because of his looks.

Bono's American Wife said:

I guess I should say then that I agreed with the original post to the extent that I don't care for the music. I don't care what he looks like. It really is kind of silly to not like someone because of his looks.

I forgive you. :kiss: :wave:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
me and my exboyfriend felt like we were babysitting the drunk and stoned teenagers who were falling all over us. :mad:

Now now, let's not get mad at drunk and stoned persons. Let's focus our hatred on Dave Matthews. Have I mentioned that he is entirely mediocre in every way? He's the Britney Spears of whatever the hell it is that he plays. It's like tahini. No spice. It's not that I particularly dilike anything he does it just doesn't have the power to inspire any emotional anything from me. I certainly don't think it has to do with his looks though...

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me when I was watching the Golden Globes the other night and some friends were saying that Bono is fat and sloppy and ugly. All I could think was about how beautiful his spirit is and it's too bad that not everyone can see it, even if they don't like his looks or music.

Back
Top Bottom